Please spell his name right | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please spell his name right

SBN3YEARS

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
We may have 3 more years of this so please start spelling his name right.....SPARANO not SpOrano or Morono

I agree, time to show some respect and stop with the childish "Morono" term.

Though, saying we have three more years of this is not entirely accurate. This is really a make or break season for Sparano and Ireland. Another year missing the playoffs and the house will be cleaned. Though, I do think we are a few attainable pieces away from being a serious contender. If we can go from 1-15 to 11-5 in one season, it is very possible we can improve by 2-3 games next season.

We may have 3 more years of this so please start spelling his name right.....SPARANO not SpOrano or Morono

Whos to say we have 3 more years of it?

And Nubs...... he will always be Tony MORONO!

Show respect huh? You mean the same amount of respect he was shown as his boss flew around the country courting other coaches to take his place. Get real.

Show respect huh? You mean the same amount of respect he was shown as his boss flew around the country courting other coaches to take his place. Get real.
You know what the best part about Sparano getting an extension and coming back next season? The fact that it pisses you off so much. lol

Who's to say that we don't have 3 more years of it?
Who's to say this year won't be a complete turnaround?
Who's to say what to say? Fact is no one knows what will lie ahead from this day on. All I know is he is the Head Coach of my Miami Dolphins, and until he isn't ( however long that may be) I will stand by him and every individual within this organization.
Who's to say we end up at 12-4 next year? If we do, we'll have more SPARANO supporters than ever.
Who's to say we end up at 4-12 next year? If we do, we'll have more SPARANO haters than ever.
I just want my team to succeed, and as long as someone upstairs believe that success is achievable, I will be the first guy in line.

At this point no one cares. What we care about is change and to see our team actually make the playoffs and not get kicked out in the first round. So when someone starts making those kinds of things happen then I will worry bout their name. Til then...I don't care. But yes I know he name is Sparano and it's time for him to do fist pumps over tds and not field goals...seriously!

I hate it when it is spelled wrong, but not on purpose. I never read a thread when it says, "Sporano Has 2 Go"

I agree, time to show some respect and stop with the childish "Morono" term.

Though, saying we have three more years of this is not entirely accurate. This is really a make or break season for Sparano and Ireland. Another year missing the playoffs and the house will be cleaned. Though, I do think we are a few attainable pieces away from being a serious contender. If we can go from 1-15 to 11-5 in one season, it is very possible we can improve by 2-3 games next season.

Do you understand the logic behind extending his contract and not waiting to see how he does first in his final year of this contract. Sparano is no Morono because he got another two years of garunteed money. Unless Ross really believes in Sporano and wanted to lock him up to avoid a bidding war with other teams next year I see no reason to extend his contract this year.

Just curious what your take is on them extending his contract because it makes no sense to me. Despite Ross denying that he was shopping for another HC it certainly looks like he was and he struck out. You do not hop on your jet in the middle of the night to fly across the country for a scheduled buisiness meeting. Something smells foul in Denmark IMO.

The only thing I can surmise is that Ross bungled this so badly that maybe Sporano did get an offer from another school like U-Conn and used it as leverage against Ross to get his extension. There is too much information being kept under lock and key and I hope it comes out at some point because right now from the fans perspective we look like we have a dumb owner who got out foxed. I hope we are not on our way to becoming the worst run organazation in football with a billionaire who has no idea how to spend his money.

i'm still waiting for nublar to use then and than correctly. Morono is childish. Sporano is of course: the idiots.

Do you understand the logic behind extending his contract and not waiting to see how he does first in his final year of this contract. Sparano is no Morono because he got another two years of garunteed money. Unless Ross really believes in Sporano and wanted to lock him up to avoid a bidding war with other teams next year I see no reason to extend his contract this year.

Just curious what your take is on them extending his contract because it makes no sense to me. Despite Ross denying that he was shopping for another HC it certainly looks like he was and he struck out. You do not hop on your jet in the middle of the night to fly across the country for a scheduled buisiness meeting. Something smells foul in Denmark IMO.

The only thing I can surmise is that Ross bungled this so badly that maybe Sporano did get an offer from another school like U-Conn and used it as leverage against Ross to get his extension. There is too much information being kept under lock and key and I hope it comes out at some point because right now from the fans perspective we look like we have a dumb owner who got out foxed. I hope we are not on our way to becoming the worst run organazation in football with a billionaire who has no idea how to spend his money.
Extending his contract does indeed make sense. Has nothing to do with thinking there will be a bidding war, it is a sign of good faith and support from the ownership. Also with Ross talking to Harbaugh, this was a move to help smooth things over if there was any tension at all.

Let's say Ross didn't fly west and speak with Harbaugh. Let's say Ross left Monday's meeting and announced right then that Sparano would be back. I still would expect the Dolphins to give Sparano an extension. There is no such thing as a guarantee in sports, but still, being in the last year of your contact is never a good situation. Look at Carolina, they let John Fox coach a lame duck season and it ended with them getting the top overall pick. No assistant coach or free agent player really wants to go to a team where it looks like there is no chance the head coach will be back after the upcoming season. By giving him an extension, while there is no guarantee he will coach more than one year, there is that feeling of comfort.

Again, there are no guarantees in the NFL. Cam Cameron had a four year contract, but only lasted one season. So it isn't like they are forced to keep Sparano if he fails in the 2011 season. Just allows the head coach to feel like he has a home that if he does perform well, that he has a future with the team. If this was his final year, he could coach it, do very well, and still be uncertain about his future. Same goes for assistant coaches and free agents. Just because the head coach wants you, doesn't mean you will last more than one year also. Never want to be a lame duck.

Back
Top Bottom