Please spell his name right | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Please spell his name right

i'm still waiting for nublar to use then and than correctly. Morono is childish. Sporano is of course: the idiots.
GrammarPolice11-1.jpg

Who really cares?

I agree, time to show some respect and stop with the childish "Morono" term.

Though, saying we have three more years of this is not entirely accurate. This is really a make or break season for Sparano and Ireland. Another year missing the playoffs and the house will be cleaned. Though, I do think we are a few attainable pieces away from being a serious contender. If we can go from 1-15 to 11-5 in one season, it is very possible we can improve by 2-3 games next season.

I'll start respecting him when he stops leading the team to miserable late season embarrassments. Fair enough?

Extending his contract does indeed make sense. Has nothing to do with thinking there will be a bidding war, it is a sign of good faith and support from the ownership. Also with Ross talking to Harbaugh, this was a move to help smooth things over if there was any tension at all.

Let's say Ross didn't fly west and speak with Harbaugh. Let's say Ross left Monday's meeting and announced right then that Sparano would be back. I still would expect the Dolphins to give Sparano an extension. There is no such thing as a guarantee in sports, but still, being in the last year of your contact is never a good situation. Look at Carolina, they let John Fox coach a lame duck season and it ended with them getting the top overall pick. No assistant coach or free agent player really wants to go to a team where it looks like there is no chance the head coach will be back after the upcoming season. By giving him an extension, while there is no guarantee he will coach more than one year, there is that feeling of comfort.

Again, there are no guarantees in the NFL. Cam Cameron had a four year contract, but only lasted one season. So it isn't like they are forced to keep Sparano if he fails in the 2011 season. Just allows the head coach to feel like he has a home that if he does perform well, that he has a future with the team. If this was his final year, he could coach it, do very well, and still be uncertain about his future. Same goes for assistant coaches and free agents. Just because the head coach wants you, doesn't mean you will last more than one year also. Never want to be a lame duck.

Its an interesting take on it but I do not think I agree with the psychology behind it as you explained it. I'm not an NFL owner so I guess it really dont matter :lol: It is another 4-5 million Ross put himself on the hook for just to give Tony a false sense of security. I dont buy that.

until sparano breaks even at home he will be morono sorry

We may have 3 more years of this so please start spelling his name right.....SPARANO not SpOrano or Morono

U may think we have three more years of Softprano but guaranteed he will be fired next year

I agree, time to show some respect and stop with the childish "Morono" term.

Though, saying we have three more years of this is not entirely accurate. This is really a make or break season for Sparano and Ireland. Another year missing the playoffs and the house will be cleaned. Though, I do think we are a few attainable pieces away from being a serious contender. If we can go from 1-15 to 11-5 in one season, it is very possible we can improve by 2-3 games next season.

If people dont respect out coach and feel he is a moron well thats their opinion, one I actually share. He is one lucky moron though to get an extension after such a bad year esp 1-7 at home. He will be gone next year so until he proves me wrong his name is Softprano mainly because he seems pretty soft especially after Joey Porter punked him by not coming off field or the way he actually decides to make coordinator changes. I mean u have to see the worst special teams player ever in a game to realize he has not got the job done. we have kept David lee for three years without him developing one qb. Keeping Softprano will make us worse and not better and thinking that a top OC wants to come here for a one year job is not very likely.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Many said that after this season. Oh well!

Well maybe he does survive another losing season, but believe me with Brandon marshall here our losses will become quite spotlighted.

i dont know why people think we have to act like Softprano is a good coach just because our owner retained him.

Back
Top Bottom