Pointless, IMO, to denigrate the Bills... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pointless, IMO, to denigrate the Bills...

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
WHY???

Because, personally, I want them to be a BETTER team than last year. In fact, I'd love for them to be a GREAT team this year!

Have I gone nuts?............ No.

I just think that Buffalo being a better team this year will make BEATING THEM that much sweeter! :tongue: :D ;)

Seriously, all the "smack talk" aside, isn't it more exciting to go up against (and beat) an opponent that's playing really well than to beat a "no-talent" team that you think simply sucks? Most people would agree, I think.

So why do so many fans ('Fins, Bills, Jets, Pats and so forth) insist on denigrating their opponents?

Take a clue from "Ahhh-nold". He NEVER undermined his opponents. In fact, he'd build them up... tell them they were "amazing"... say things like, "If I had your body I'd win the Mr. O every year!" Sound kinda crazy, huh?

What he meant, though, was that his opponent had all the tools but was using them (training) all wrong. And/or... as good as they were... HE was still better! Now THAT is psyching out your opponent!

So... be smart... compliment and praise your opponent. Then, when you beat them, you can say:

"Yeah, your team IS amazing... you guys really ARE awesome... BUT WE KICKED YOUR ###!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by -81- McMichael
WHY???

Because, personally, I want them to be a BETTER team than last year. In fact, I'd love for them to be a GREAT team this year!

Have I gone nuts?............ No.

I just think that Buffalo being a better team this year will make BEATING THEM that much sweeter! :tongue: :D ;)

Seriously, all the smack talk aside, isn't it more exciting to go up against (and beat) an opponent that's playing really well than to beat a "no-talent" team that you think simply sucks? Most people would agree, I think.

So why do so many fans ('Fins, Bills, Jets, Pats and so forth) insist on denigrating their opponents.

Take a clue from "Ahhh-nold". He NEVER undermined his opponents. In fact, he'd build them up... tell them they were "amazing"... say things like, "If I had your body I'd win the Mr. O every year!" Sound kinda crazy, huh?

What he meant, though, was that his opponent had all the tools but was using them (training) all wrong. And/or... as good as they were... HE was still better! Now THAT is psyching out your opponent!

So... be smart... compliment and praise your opponent. Then, when you beat them, you can say:

"Yeah, your team is amazing... you guys are just awesome... AND WE KICKED YOUR ###!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
exactly...sweeping you guys again will make it that much sweeter;) ...a lot sweeter than you guys sweeping a 3-13 team

Ohhh...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
exactly...sweeping you guys again will make it that much sweeter;) ...a lot sweeter than you guys sweeping a 3-13 team

You gotta love it! ;)

And a lot sweeter (for you) than sweeping us with...

- our (POS) backup qb (having as complete of a breakdown as I think anyone has ever seen a qb have)
- our #1 and #2 wr's out

...for the FIRST GAME.

And same thing minus Chambers being back for the second game.

Touche!

If you want to take pride in those victories last year (especially the first)... KNOCK YOURSELVES OUT! I would be ashamed, personally.

Re: Ohhh...

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

You gotta love it! ;)

And a lot sweeter (for you) than sweeping us with...

- our (POS) backup qb (having as complete of a breakdown as I think anyone has ever seen a qb have)
- our #1 and #2 wr's out

...for the FIRST GAME.

And same thing minus Chambers being back for the second game.

Touche!

If you want to take pride in those victories last year (especially the first)... KNOCK YOURSELVES OUT! I would be ashamed, personally.

If you are going to start a thread about beating bills better come out with more ammo than your pathetic little excuses. Your coaches and Lucas were part of your team. In other words your team sucked when they faced the bills. Deal with it rather than crying about it. :rolleyes:

Thats a bit of a romantic view. Truth is that a lot of the teams that go the farthest and have the best records in the NFL, played horrible teams during the season which helped them to stay healthy and full of energy for the final stretch run

I guess the gloves are off.:lol:
As Buffer would say, ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLEEEE!!!!!:evil:

Not sure which stance I'll take. Only thing I enjoy more than watching Buffalo stink year in and year out, is us kicking @$$. So, I'd rather they just suck, so we can hear excuses from the billiefans in here. See, they say we are full of excuses, let's see what they have to say when they stink it up again.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
Not sure which stance I'll take. Only thing I enjoy more than watching Buffalo stink year in and year out, is us kicking @$$. So, I'd rather they just suck, so we can hear excuses from the billiefans in here. See, they say we are full of excuses, let's see what they have to say when they stink it up again.

I can already see it, you'll use Bowens as an excuse once we beat you @Miami.

there is a difference between the player who handles the ball every play, and a freaking defensive linemen doofus. IF BLEDSOE GOES DOWN, and Van Puke gives up 6 turnovers, you'd want his head, and blame him for the loss. Stop being so ignorant and one sided.

Originally posted by justafan

I can already see it, you'll use Bowens as an excuse once we beat you @Miami.

If this isn't a billsfan turning a thread into smack, I don't know what is.

Justafoulstenchintheair

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Thats a bit of a romantic view. Truth is that a lot of the teams that go the farthest and have the best records in the NFL, played horrible teams during the season which helped them to stay healthy and full of energy for the final stretch run

I agree 100%. I would love our team to play the Bengals 16 times and clinch a playoff spot in week 12. Also, what do people remember more often about a SB champ? The opponents the team played? Or the fact they were champs?

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a difference between the player who handles the ball every play, and a freaking defensive linemen doofus. IF BLEDSOE GOES DOWN, and Van Puke gives up 6 turnovers, you'd want his head, and blame him for the loss. Stop being so ignorant and one sided.

We've been there 2001 and not once have we blamed VP or anyone for a 3-13 season. So quit your whining about Lucas. Your organization hired him and made the call. If it was their mistake, it was a teams mistake.

If this isn't a billsfan turning a thread into smack, I don't know what is.

Justafoulstenchintheair

You're such a crybaby, read the first post and tell me there wasn't smack written in there. :cry:

:rolleyes: Like before, I will regress to not answering anymore of your posts. Just to avoid getting in trouble. You are too annoying sometimes.

The first post was not smack. It was asking a serious question. Your 2001 team cannot be compared to ANY Miami Dolphins team ever. That is the difference. We had a real chance, and real team. In 2001 you knew you sucked, so QB or not, you were losing anyway. You even said it, salary cap hell. Now you are going to say you had a chance? YOUR WHOLE TEAM SUCKED!!! Not one player giving away turnovers. :rolleyes: rose colored glasses at their fullest

I just think that Buffalo being a better team this year will make BEATING THEM that much sweeter!
"Yeah, your team is amazing... you guys are just awesome... AND WE KICKED YOUR ###!!!"

Don't tell me that's not smack? Not all finfans are as biased as you are. If a bills fan made any of these statements you'd by crying for a MOD. Puhlease! :rolleyes:

The diference is that we know when we suck and we make no excuses. You on the other hand wear teal and orange glasses. Injuries do happen and if your team can't overcome that, then tough. Just don't go crying that "we got injured". Not all finfans are like you MFAN. Not all of them find excuses.

The eagles played with their thrid string , so don't go crying about Lucas. He was chosen (cheered by finfans after preseason), annointed as back-up and still endorsed by Wanny after the bills game and teamates. Just because Wanny and co. were wrong about doesn't mean he is the only one to blame. Blame your organization.

If you can't deal with annoyance, not my problem! I didn't ask you to read my posts or reply to them. Get it?

Back
Top Bottom