Pointless, IMO, to denigrate the Bills... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pointless, IMO, to denigrate the Bills...

Man, have you MISSED THE POINT!

Originally posted by justafan
In other words your team sucked when they faced the bills. Deal with it rather than crying about it. :rolleyes:

Please, I really think you might consider reading a little more carefully. Because it is obvious from your response that you didn't get it... AT ALL.

My point was that BECAUSE a team IS BETTER you may then take MORE PRIDE in a victory over them.

Since, as you say, we "sucked" last year... why take so much pride in that victory? No offense, but that just doesn't seem especially bright. Nor does it follow, logically, per the argument of this thread.

Oh, and whereas you state that we "sucked" (now THAT sounds like smack to me) I, on the other hand, was praising your team by saying I thought/hoped that they'd be even better this year. Hmmmm...

My intent was to give the Bills PROPS for making the moves to become a much better team. :( Sheesh!

And as for hoping that we beat you this year? :rolleyes:

Come on, people. Get real. Hoping for victory over your opponent is NOT smack. [I can't believe I even had to point that out.] Else WHY on Earth would I bother watching. Sorry, but that really merits a resounding, "DUUUUUH?!?"

Look, the bottom line was this:

I'd like to see the Bills play well and win a lot of games. In part, because I would cherish a victory over them that much more.

Where in he-double toothpicks is there SMACK in that?

Ok, I'm done. I started this post trying to be a little witty and playful but I see there are few capable of playing nice.

Sorry folks. Mods, I respectfully request this thread be moved to SMACK forum. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Man, have you MISSED THE POINT!

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

Please, I really think you might consider reading a little more carefully. Because it is obvious from your response that you didn't get it... AT ALL.

My point was that BECAUSE a team IS BETTER you may then take MORE PRIDE in a victory over them.

Since, as you say, we "sucked" last year... why take so much pride in that victory? No offense, but that just doesn't seem especially bright. Nor does it follow, logically, per the argument of this thread.

Oh, and whereas you state that we "sucked" (now THAT sounds like smack to me) I, on the other hand, was praising your team by saying I thought/hoped that they'd be even better this year. Hmmmm...

My intent was to give the Bills PROPS for making the moves to become a much better team. :( Sheesh!

Come on, people. Get real. Hoping for victory over your opponent is NOT smack. [I can't believe I even had to point that out.] Else WHY on Earth would I bother watching. Sorry, but that really merits a resounding, "DUUUUUH?!?"

I'd like to see the Bills play well and win a lot of games. In part, because I would cherish a victory over them that much more.

Ok, I'm done. I started this post trying to be a little witty and playful but I see there are few capable of playing nice.

Sorry folks. Admins, I respectfully request this thread be moved to SMACK forum. Thanks!

Bills fans have a very difficult time understanding logic.

Your original post was far from smack.

You are simply hoping that both teams have good years so that a Dolphin victory will be sweeter.

This seems straighforward.

Why don't they understand?

:goof:

Re: Man, have you MISSED THE POINT!

Sorry folks. Mods, I respectfully request this thread be moved to SMACK forum. Thanks!

81 I understood your post. I too would've hoped that your team was healthy just so that there won't be any excuses. fact is, your team wasn't healthy and as a result you have excuses. Some valid, some not either ways,excuses.

I only pointed out the smack in your post only because another finfan started crying about what I posted. Like I said , had it been a bills fan who made the same statements you made , you guys would be all over us.

Re: Re: Man, have you MISSED THE POINT!

Originally posted by zachseau13

Bills fans have a very difficult time understanding logic.

Your original post was far from smack.

You are simply hoping that both teams have good years so that a Dolphin victory will be sweeter.

This seems straighforward.

Why don't they understand?

:goof:

Your post seems very straightforward, a finfan siding with another finfan.

81- I apologize, but when you post implications
"Yeah, your team is amazing... you guys are just awesome... AND WE KICKED YOUR ###!!!"

with smiley faces, that thread isn't all serious.

Re: Re: Man, have you MISSED THE POINT!

81 I understood your post. I too would've hoped that your team was healthy just so that there won't be any excuses. fact is, your team wasn't healthy and as a result you have excuses. Some valid, some not either ways,excuses.

I only pointed out the smack in your post only because another finfan started crying about what I posted. Like I said , had it been a bills fan who made the same statements you made , you guys would be all over us.

You didn't understand anything.
There was no smack in his post.

This is just another example of many of the Bills fans, (not all of them), inability to contribute anything but smack to a thread.

Re: Re: Re: Man, have you MISSED THE POINT!

You didn't understand anything.
There was no smack in his post.

This is just another example of many of the Bills fans, (not all of them), inability to contribute anything but smack to a thread.

:rolleyes:

Mawaaaah!!!

Why don't they understand? :goof:

Me wanted to make a good point and make fwiends wid everyone! :cry:

But no one play wid me! :cry: :cry: :cry:

:rolleyes: Ok, justafan, NOW... I'm crying. (Wasn't before, dude.)

[Clump, man, where are you when I need you? Surely, you would get it AND play along nicely.]

*sigh*

And I'm going to say this ONE LAST TIME:

I WANT the Fins to play GOOD opponents. Victory over GOOD opponents is SWEET! :D

If Buffalo = GOOD opponent, then victory over Buffalo = :D .

And :D is equanimous with: "Yes, your great... awesome... AND WE KICKED YOUR ###!"

And there shouldn't be anything wrong with that, imo.

Originally posted by booyeah_

I agree 100%. I would love our team to play the Bengals 16 times and clinch a playoff spot in week 12. Also, what do people remember more often about a SB champ? The opponents the team played? Or the fact they were champs?

Seems to me that whenever an AFC team wins, there are tons of whining and crying NFC fans, and teams like the Rams who say they "beat themselves"...

I do know this, 9-7 beats 8-8 every time...

I think every fish fan has the right to blame Lucas for last years problems. Little know fact about Lucas was that he was sent over to Miami from the Jets as a saboteur whose sole purpose in life was to make sure miami missed the playoff while is beloved Jets made them.

this does make for an interesting conspiracy case!

Its sad when you believe your own conspiracy cases!

Re: Mawaaaah!!!

Me wanted to make a good point and make fwiends wid everyone! :cry:

But no one play wid me! :cry: :cry: :cry:

:rolleyes: Ok, justafan, NOW... I'm crying. (Wasn't before, dude.)

[Clump, man, where are you when I need you? Surely, you would get it AND play along nicely.]

*sigh*

And I'm going to say this ONE LAST TIME:

I WANT the Fins to play GOOD opponents. Victory over GOOD opponents is SWEET! :D

If Buffalo = GOOD opponent, then victory over Buffalo = :D .

And :D is equanimous with: "Yes, your great... awesome... AND WE KICKED YOUR ###!"

And there shouldn't be anything wrong with that, imo.

Eventually the truth comes out. Thank you! :D

Leave it to a Canadian...

Originally posted by CanadianFish
I think every fish fan has the right to blame Lucas for last years problems. Little know fact about Lucas was that he was sent over to Miami from the Jets as a saboteur whose sole purpose in life was to make sure miami missed the playoff while is beloved Jets made them.

this does make for an interesting conspiracy case!

Its sad when you believe your own conspiracy cases!

Leave it to a Canadian to come up with a conspiracy theory (albeit a good one!). :lol:

[Just kidding!] BTW, what part of Canada?

Seriously, I think Lucas' biggest problem last year was that he was "pushing". That is, he was trying just too damn hard... when he absolutely didn't have to. You know, by trying to make up for his mistakes he only created new ones and then they just started snow-balling after that.

And I'll give the Bills credit. They SMELLED BLOOD... and they went after his sorry butt. And that be da truth!

Re: Re: Mawaaaah!!!

Eventually the truth comes out. Thank you! :D

:D :lol: :tongue:

NOW we're "playing"!!! See, isn't this more fun?

Seriously, justafan (and everyone else - especially opponents' fans), I really, really do wish you guys luck this year.

And I hope our meetings turn into epic games. That, imo, is 10 times more fun (win or lose) than whipping up on teams like the Bungles.

So, here's wishing you guys and all other fans (Pats, Jets [got to swallow there a little]) the best in 2003!

Peace!

It be my B-day and I'm scooting from work early!

(yeah, like i've been working!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Mawaaaah!!!

:D :lol: :tongue:

NOW we're "playing"!!! See, isn't this more fun?

Seriously, justafan (and everyone else - especially opponents' fans), I really, really do wish you guys luck this year.

And I hope our meetings turn into epic games. That, imo, is 10 times more fun (win or lose) than whipping up on teams like the Bungles.

So, here's wishing you guys and all other fans (Pats, Jets [got to swallow there a little]) the best in 2003!

Peace!

It be by B-day and I'm scooting from work early!

(yeah, like i've been working!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have no problem with you -81- . even if I did, this is a fin MB. :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mawaaaah!!!

I have no problem with you -81- . even if I did, this is a fin MB. :lol:

That's :cool:! Just the same, I'm glad you, Clump, CirclingWagons and others are here. It's part of what makes this, imo, a great forum. So... thank you.

Back
Top Bottom