Pointless, IMO, to denigrate the Bills... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pointless, IMO, to denigrate the Bills...

My thoughts:

Quit using Lucas as a crutch. Miami had 2 chances in the last 2 weeks and choked with Fiedler at QB. The defense, coaching staff, and Fiedler blew the big one (see thread in "The Lounge" :D ). The regular season is 16 weeks long, it's the NFL and your coaching staff and FO made the decision to sign Lucas as a #2 QB. Your road record was 2-6 and that is more a reflection of a vast disparity in the defensive productivity at home vs on the road.

Now, to the original point: One thing was missed in the first post. A better Bills team also is likely to be more competitive vs the rest of the division and AFC, thus possibly helping the Fins (or another division team). However, I do agree, I would prefer playing a team at 100% and winning just so you don't hafta hear the constant whinning and excuses :rolleyes:

Damn, boy, you GO!!!

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
My thoughts:

Quit using Lucas as a crutch. Miami had 2 chances in the last 2 weeks and choked with Fiedler at QB. The defense, coaching staff, and Fiedler blew the big one (see thread in "The Lounge" :D ). The regular season is 16 weeks long, it's the NFL and your coaching staff and FO made the decision to sign Lucas as a #2 QB. Your road record was 2-6 and that is more a reflection of a vast disparity in the defensive productivity at home vs on the road.

Now, to the original point: One thing was missed in the first post. A better Bills team also is likely to be more competitive vs the rest of the division and AFC, thus possibly helping the Fins (or another division team). However, I do agree, I would prefer playing a team at 100% and winning just so you don't hafta hear the constant whinning and excuses :rolleyes:

Go Clumpy, go Clumpy, GO!
Go Clumpy, go Clumpy, GO!

"The Clumpy da-ance... is your chance... to do the Clump!
Do the Clump! Clump!
Do the Clumpty, Clump!"

[I own these lyrics, ok? As I just penned them.] ;)

Ummm... correct, imo, on all points.

'Course, that doesn't change that I still want to see the 'Fins whoop ### on a vastly improved Bills team AND (good point, btw) also see the Bills take out and weaken all of our other AFC opponents.

Last edited by a moderator:
-81-McMicheal I have to agree with you its alot more fun as a fan to see close games with good teams then blow outs. I have to say in the last two seasons my favorite games were the 2001 Game against the Raiders we won in the 4th Quarter and the breath taker in Denver last season. I would love to see a schedual where Miami plays the Bengals 16 games one season so we could relive the glory of the undefeated season but I would prefere to see us go 15-1 while playing 12 teams with a better then .500 record!

I have the Denver game on tape. FOR SALE.

Originally posted by CanadianFish
-81-McMicheal I have to agree with you its alot more fun as a fan to see close games with good teams then blow outs. I have to say in the last two seasons my favorite games were the 2001 Game against the Raiders we won in the 4th Quarter and the breath taker in Denver last season. I would love to see a schedual where Miami plays the Bengals 16 games one season so we could relive the glory of the undefeated season but I would prefere to see us go 15-1 while playing 12 teams with a better then .500 record!

Agreed!

And I have that Denver game on tape. FOR SALE. $10.00. (I paid $15.00.)

Re: I have the Denver game on tape. FOR SALE.

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

Agreed!

And I have that Denver game on tape. FOR SALE. $10.00. (I paid $15.00.)

Ahhhh! This is what it was about then, not smack but spam. :lol:

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
hey fellas, training camp starts tomorrow for our rookies...football is in the air:rocker:

Any chance McGahee will be running a 4.3 in the 40 tomorrow? :yikes:

Originally posted by justafan

Any chance McGahee will be running a 4.3 in the 40 tomorrow? :yikes:
doubtful, he hasnt really been running alot cuz they want to be cautious with the knee...I think he's destined to catch balls from a JUGS machine till week 10:lol:

Ohhhh YEAH!!!

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
hey fellas, training camp starts tomorrow for our rookies...football is in the air:rocker:

"Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!?!"

:band:

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Re: Ohhhh YEAH!!!

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

"Are you ready for some FOOTBALL!?!"

:band:

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:
I've been ready since the probowl....I hate the offseason...Muck's sig says it all

81McMichael: You're going to get your wish...The AFC East will be even MORE brutal than last year. I think every team in the division is a top 13 in my power rankings. Every team can beat any other team. The divisional games WILL decide the division winner. And the games will be awesome. I can't wish good luck to the Dolphins but I do wish you a great season of football watching!

Originally posted by justafan

We've been there 2001 and not once have we blamed VP or anyone for a 3-13 season. So quit your whining about Lucas. Your organization hired him and made the call. If it was their mistake, it was a teams mistake.

So - I suppose you speak for ALL Bills fans, then?

If that's so...could you tell us what was up with the Bills being unable to beat the Fins at all in the 70s? I'd love to hear THOSE excuses.

(And go ahead about bringing up the past...Lucas isn't on our team any more.)

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
My thoughts:

Man - I really didn't dislike the Bills all that much until I started coming to this board. Congratulations on being the most annoying group of fans.

Back
Top Bottom