Poll : Fins next DC? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll : Fins next DC?

Who would you like to see Fins hire as DC

• Total voters
That’s my ideal and perfect scenario, so that means it will probably never come to fruition.

We desperately need a Mike Vrabel in this building, and I have no doubt that he would do a great job for the defense and getting everyone to buy into him and his defense.

That said, he most likely wants to be head coach again. So, that’s a no-go from jump street. Nice to dream though, and our team would look much differently with him here.

My second choice would be Rex Ryan, for many of the same reasons that Mike Vrabel would: both of these guys can coach defense, and they bring much needed toughness and a dog mentality on that side.

Regardless of how people feel about Rex Ryan personally, that man can coach defense. It’s in his DNA and blood, and I have no doubt in my mind that we’d improve there.

Rex Ryan hasn’t coached in 8 years lol

I don’t see hot D Coordinator looking at the expected Dolphins D turnover, injuries to major contributors, and lack of draft picks and cap to work with, plus Tua’s mega contract coming up, and thinking that’s a destination place.

Not being negative just being realistic.

It’s not my preference but I think it’ll be an internal promotion on that basis.

Don’t see this logic. It’s a top place for a DC. They have talent and will sell out these next 2-3 years. Tuas contract will be cheap first few years allowing Miami to continue to bring in talent. It’s the perfect place to coach for 2-3 years with maximum talent and then look to jump to head coach.

I don’t see hot D Coordinator looking at the expected Dolphins D turnover, injuries to major contributors, and lack of draft picks and cap to work with, plus Tua’s mega contract coming up, and thinking that’s a destination place.

Not being negative just being realistic.

It’s not my preference but I think it’ll be an internal promotion on that basis.

Spot on.

It’s most definitely NOT, and people aren’t stupid enough, or blind, to see what’s been going on here.

Without any meaningful change or turnover, starting at the top brass (meaning Chris Grier), then more than likely it will be more of the same - one and done in the playoffs, and running it back the next year with more empty promises.

From what I gather we don’t want Madison or Hill. In our worst games the DB’s were a disaster from a mental standpoint. I blame those guys.

Not sure who I want but it feels like yelling Campanile. It’s probably best to have a guy in McD’s age range where they can work together more closely. Not an old grump again.

What has Anthony campanile done to deserve our DC spot? He's coached the position that over 90% of this board has bitched about the last 10 years......the LBs.

Spot on.

It’s most definitely NOT, and people aren’t stupid enough, or blind, to see what’s been going on here.

Without any meaningful change or turnover, starting at the top brass (meaning Chris Grier), then more than likely it will be more of the same - one and done in the playoffs, and running it back the next year with more empty promises.
"Lemming Alert"

"Lemming Alert"

You’d prefer an echo chamber?

“It will get better. I know it will.”

“All we need is…”

“He will change; mature and grow if given enough time.”

“If we do X, then Y will happen.”

“We’re just a few pieces away.”

“Not enough time to evaluate.”

“We’ll do better next year.”

“Well, too many injuries.”

“I’m optimistic because…well, at least they’re trying to get better.”

Lemming alert, indeed.

And?

Knows the AFC East intimately, and knows how to coach defense. I can’t see him being any worse than Boyer or Fangio, if given a chance.

No he doesn’t know the afc east because it’s been 8 years, I’m not sure there’s a single player or coach that was on any of the teams he coached or coached against…..

You know how much nfl offenses change in 8 years?…. Not to mention he probably likes his cushiony talking head job, doubt he has any interest either way

Give me a coach that can adapt his system to the players he has. Fangio could not do that (although I will give him credit in the Chiefs game).

Give me a coach that can run different schemes, not an all or nothing. Boyer couldn't do that.

Give me a coach that can relate with players and understands that young players have to play to learn.

Is that too much to ask?

I don’t see Mike Vrabel taking a coordinator job. I would like to see someone with experience though. I would take a look at Leslie Frazier. I had some good defenses in Buffalo, with a similar zone based scheme as Fangio.

I know it’s not gonna happen and maybe it shouldn’t but Rexx Ryan would change the attitude on this defense and definitely make it scary for the opponent. The guy can coach a defense but he’s a bit nuts and I’m not even sure he wants too because I’m sure he could’ve had a job

Back
Top Bottom