Poll : Fins next DC? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll : Fins next DC?

Who would you like to see Fins hire as DC

• Total voters
I know it’s not gonna happen and maybe it shouldn’t but Rexx Ryan would change the attitude on this defense and definitely make it scary for the opponent. The guy can coach a defense but he’s a bit nuts and I’m not even sure he wants too because I’m sure he could’ve had a job
Wonder if he really wants back in after 8 years.

No he doesn’t know the afc east because it’s been 8 years, I’m not sure there’s a single player or coach that was on any of the teams he coached or coached against…..

You know how much nfl offenses change in 8 years?…. Not to mention he probably likes his cushiony talking head job, doubt he has any interest either way

And during those 8 years he hasn’t paid any attention to the AFC East as an analyst? Of course a lot changes, but you know what doesn’t change: QB’s in the NFL don’t like pressure.

Given what we currently have on the roster on the defensive side and what have Rex Ryan’s defenses had in common in the past? They generate pressure and are aggressive.

I’m not buying this whole “rust” angle thing you’re trying to peddle. He’s mostly had success everywhere that he’s went with coaching defense, so I don’t see that being an hindrance since we have a few nice pieces on that side of the ball.

You may be right that he prefers his cushy studio job, neither you nor I actually know if has the desire to come back and do the grind. That said, the poll asked “who you like to see? Not, who is most likely to be hired by the Dolphins.

You’d prefer an echo chamber?

“It will get better. I know it will.”

“All we need is…”

“He will change; mature and grow if given enough time.”

“If we do X, then Y will happen.”

“We’re just a few pieces away.”

“Not enough time to evaluate.”

“We’ll do better next year.”

“Well, too many injuries.”

“I’m optimistic because…well, at least they’re trying to get better.”

Lemming alert, indeed.
Is this "over-reaction" Thursday, or was my alert correct. - LOL

And during those 8 years he hasn’t paid any attention to the AFC East as an analyst? Of course a lot changes, but you know what doesn’t change: QB’s in the NFL don’t like pressure.

Given what we currently have on the roster on the defensive side and what have Rex Ryan’s defenses had in common in the past? They generate pressure and are aggressive.

I’m not buying this whole “rust” angle thing you’re trying to peddle. He’s mostly had success everywhere that he’s went with coaching defense, so I don’t see that being an hindrance since we have a few nice pieces on that side of the ball.

You may be right that he prefers his cushy studio job, neither you nor I actually know if has the desire to come back and do the grind. That said, the poll asked “who you like to see? Not, who is most likely to be hired by the Dolphins.
Exactly!

I hate to say it but almost all the teams he's head coached for or was a dc for. The team's defenses were usually pretty good

I didn't vote because unless Grier is fired it doesn't matter who we bring in. It will just be another merry go round of ****. Until the dumb ass owner realizes he has to fully clean house, we will never get a HC who's worth a damn because they will be forcibly married to whoever else is here that ****ing dumb ass Grier and Ross wants to keep.

I’ve went for Staley. That Rams defence was excellent under him and maybe the head coaching gig was too big for him.

I’d want anyone but Vrabel as I can’t put up with another season of the reactionists all screaming to can McDaniel and make Vrabel the HC after Miami loses a game they thought they should have won.

I have seen him on pre game stuff but the fact he isn’t coaching leads me to believe he doesn’t want in and I don’t want another Fang situation
I had season tickets and lucked into field passes for Phins-Jets when Rex was coaching the Jets and they had just claimed Clyde Gates out of training camp. Fast as hell, couldn't catch a cold. Buddy and I are on the sideline, watching the Jets warm up, Clyde is dropping every pass thrown his way... Rex is standing ten feet away, watching intently, Clyde drops another one and I yell out "Clyde, you got hands like feet, no wonder Rex loves you!" Rex put his head down, I could see he was laughing pretty hard, then he turns to security and says "Can somebody please get that guy outta here?!" Friggin Jets won in OT, dammit.

Interesting...

Posted it yesterday and continue to see posters say we were rank 5.

Fangio disciples DVOA rankings this year.

Joe Woods, Saints: 16th
• Vic Fangio, Dolphins: 19th
• Ed Donatell, Vikings (2022) 24th
• Sean Desai, Eagles: 27th
• Joe Barry, Packers: 28th
• Brandon Staley, Chargers: 29th
• Jonathan Gannon, Cardinals: 32nd

Vrabel, but I would be surprised if he doesnt get another head coaching gig. He's better than that...

Back
Top Bottom