Poll: Grier biggest ****ing Idiot or not | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Grier biggest ****ing Idiot or not

Is Grier a genius or a dumbass?

• Total voters
Quick question
If the vast majority of folks vote genius or somewhere in the middle will all the Grier sucks proponents shut up?

No, didn’t think so. Maybe for a week or two or a month, no didn’t think so either.

We actually had a pretty great draft considering our draft capital to start and the value we got. Its disappointing if you went into this draft deciding you know exactly what we're going to be doing.

There are still FAs available. Miami has alluded, several times, that they are in discussions with several players. We see a 15mm+ opening in cap room after June 1st. I think you see our starting RG signed right then, and its a different tune.

Good post Ghost. Although Grier actually got hired in 2000 as area scout for the Dolphins. Then promoted to National scout in 2003. Everything else you mentioned I agree with.

Yep! 1999 with the Pats, from 2000-2015, was part of Miami’s scouting department. That’s what I was trying to convey. Apologies if I wasn’t clear there.

Also, I’m Goat. Ghost is a completely different person.

Or IS he?

Yep! 1999 with the Pats, from 2000-2015, was part of Miami’s scouting department. That’s what I was trying to convey. Apologies if I wasn’t clear there.

Also, I’m Goat. Ghost is a completely different person.

Or IS he?
If he isn't, we have a textbook case of multiple personality disorder + highly schizophrenic tendencies.

I can’t comprehend some people. We draft a replacement for our oldest, off-injured and most expensive OL, who’s injuries have derailed the last 2 seasons, with of our only 2 premium picks and complaints abound that we didn’t address the OL.

But that comes after we stocked our pass rushing room with explosive takent, given the question marks we have about the other players who’s injuries derailed our 2023 season.

On the heels of a FA class that filled a lot of the talent voids on the roster by adding Kendall Fuller, Jonnu Smith, Jordyn Brooks and Jordan Poyer.

WTF is wrong with some of you?
The biggest problem that I hav
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Anyone in this thread mentioning Chris Grier in the same post as “the past 20 or 25 years” isn’t paying attention or is just bat**** crazy.

Gents, 25 years ago was 1999. The Dolphins owner and GM in 1999...are both deceased. Chris Grier was a scout. For the Patriots. You could probably blame everything that went wrong in 1999 on Chris Grier, if you were ******* insane. In fact, I can only find one person who worked for the Dolphins in 1999 who also works for the Dolphins today.

It's Dan Marino. Let's not go there.

For the 15 years after that, Grier was part of the Dolphins scouting department - from 2007 - 2015, he was the head of the scouting department. Does anyone remember the fun "power struggles" during those years? Those internal battles between Dawn Aponte, Jeff Ireland and Joe Philbin to see who was really in charge of the team? You could probably blame all of that and what went wrong on Chris Grier, if you were ******* insane.

Chris Grier was named GM in 2016. VP and head of Football Operations was Mike Tannenbaum. New Head Coach was Adam Gase. Now, can you blame Chris Grier for part of what happened from 2016-2018 on Grier? Sure. But you and I both know that Tannenbaum had his big, fat, Antichrist New York head in that decision making process. If you remember (or research) correctly, however, the person who had contractual control over personnel during those three years? Was Adam ******* Gase.

2019-present? Go ahead and rip away - that's all on Grier. And do it with this in mind: Grier has flat-out stated that he tried to give his HC as much of what he wants as possible. Remember Flores clapping and cheering with the Igbinoghene and Raekwon Davis picks?

For what it's worth, I picked "somewhere in the middle." If you want to label me a Grier apologist, go ahead. But if you do that, and don't want me ripping back into your opinion, maybe don't start by blaming him for the past couple decades.
Tbums big fat head had better draft picks than Grier. And with much less amo. Tunsil, X, Minkah are all better picks than anyone Grier has drafted

The biggest problem that I hav

Tbums big fat head had better draft picks than Grier. And with much less amo. Tunsil, X, Minkah are all better picks than anyone Grier has drafted

Who did I say was accountable for 2016-18?

(You can look it up on ESPN if you choose to.)

While Tannenbaum and Grier both had input, the final personnel decisions, contractually, fell to Gase.

I don't know how anyone could wax on passionately either way seeing as any judgment depends upon the production of those picks in the NFL & as we have yet to see that... who the fk knows?

I, too, thought it was imperative to hit on 2 solid starters with the 1st 2 picks. If I'm to buy in to conjecture, we selected 2 projects. For all we REALLY know, we have two pro-bowlers. Do I like my odds? No. But it's all to kill boredom till the hitting starts.

Who did I say was accountable for 2016-18?

(You can look it up on ESPN if you choose to.)

While Tannenbaum and Grier both had input, the final personnel decisions, contractually, fell to Gase.
Then Gase for GM 😂

Back
Top Bottom