Poll: Grier biggest ****ing Idiot or not | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Grier biggest ****ing Idiot or not

Is Grier a genius or a dumbass?

• Total voters
I can’t comprehend some people. We draft a replacement for our oldest, off-injured and most expensive OL, who’s injuries have derailed the last 2 seasons, with of our only 2 premium picks and complaints abound that we didn’t address the OL.

But that comes after we stocked our pass rushing room with explosive takent, given the question marks we have about the other players who’s injuries derailed our 2023 season.

On the heels of a FA class that filled a lot of the talent voids on the roster by adding Kendall Fuller, Jonnu Smith, Jordyn Brooks and Jordan Poyer.

WTF is wrong with some of you?

Their egos
Can’t let facts get in the way of their agenda

which demonstrated starting caliber guards are you referring to that weren't already on the team and insufficient or an injury risk? ergo real and reliable starting guards? i guess myself, the majority of finheaven, and the punditude that follows the team that were all hoping for them to draft a starting guard high and help the ol must have missed these signings, which is possible, i guess, so i am all ears. thanks
Ahhh......

Now you are moving the goalposts from your original query to a subjective analysis.

Guard is not considered a long term "value" position for early picks by a majority of knowledgeable football ppl. Certainly not rd1, and apparently not those in power with the team.

While there were some who stated they disagreed, or just didn't care, the impression I got from the rank and file here was they preferred a Tackle that could play Guard his first year, then transition to LT next. That's fine but not an easy ask, as the two positions for high quality players are, generally, different body types.

They instead took a high ceiling, big, agile LT in rd 2, a position considered more valuable by most.

I don't know if they are done with IOL, or if they bring in another FA post draft when it doesn't affect comp picks, but that is still an option. It's actually probably a better option than penciling a day 3 rookie selection as a starter

Ahhh......

Now you are moving the goalposts from your original query to a subjective analysis.

Guard is not considered a long term "value" position for early picks by a majority of knowledgeable football ppl. Certainly not rd1, and apparently not those in power with the team.

While there were some who stated they disagreed, or just didn't care, the impression I got from the rank and file here was they preferred a Tackle that could play Guard his first year, then transition to LT next. That's fine but not an easy ask, as the two positions for high quality players are, generally, different body types.

They instead took a high ceiling, big, agile LT in rd 2, a position considered more valuable by most.

I don't know if they are done with IOL, or if they bring in another FA post draft when it doesn't affect comp picks, but that is still an option. It's actually probably a better option than penciling a day 3 rookie selection as a starter

We'll get a FA guard with the X money

I think we'll be good to go

We'll get a FA guard with the X money

I think we'll be good to go
Yes I hope so and that is exactly my point/hope. I do not think what we have at the position now is sufficient and hopefully that is priority 1. There is nobody great out there, and we do not have a lot of money to spend but I still think we are in a position to upgrade, I hope

Let's get this on record. Of course I vote dumbass

Everyone here know my prejudice. Grier DOES NOT make draft picks in isolation. In fact, his opinion is no more important (or less so) than anyone else's. I don't fault him for any picks, but, I don't credit him with any either.
You need a choice of 'irrelevant.'

Grier is doing a fine job, just because didn't pick who you wanted him to doesn't mean he's bad. Every single selection addressed an area of need or competition, Flashy names doesn't mean player production, (Seiler is an example). I think that Chop and Kamara along with Wright and Washington was great picks.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Anyone in this thread mentioning Chris Grier in the same post as “the past 20 or 25 years” isn’t paying attention or is just bat**** crazy.

Gents, 25 years ago was 1999. The Dolphins owner and GM in 1999...are both deceased. Chris Grier was a scout. For the Patriots. You could probably blame everything that went wrong in 1999 on Chris Grier, if you were ******* insane. In fact, I can only find one person who worked for the Dolphins in 1999 who also works for the Dolphins today.

It's Dan Marino. Let's not go there.

For the 15 years after that, Grier was part of the Dolphins scouting department - from 2007 - 2015, he was the head of the scouting department. Does anyone remember the fun "power struggles" during those years? Those internal battles between Dawn Aponte, Jeff Ireland and Joe Philbin to see who was really in charge of the team? You could probably blame all of that and what went wrong on Chris Grier, if you were ******* insane.

Chris Grier was named GM in 2016. VP and head of Football Operations was Mike Tannenbaum. New Head Coach was Adam Gase. Now, can you blame Chris Grier for part of what happened from 2016-2018 on Grier? Sure. But you and I both know that Tannenbaum had his big, fat, Antichrist New York head in that decision making process. If you remember (or research) correctly, however, the person who had contractual control over personnel during those three years? Was Adam ******* Gase.

2019-present? Go ahead and rip away - that's all on Grier. And do it with this in mind: Grier has flat-out stated that he tried to give his HC as much of what he wants as possible. Remember Flores clapping and cheering with the Igbinoghene and Raekwon Davis picks?

For what it's worth, I picked "somewhere in the middle." If you want to label me a Grier apologist, go ahead. But if you do that, and don't want me ripping back into your opinion, maybe don't start by blaming him for the past couple decades.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: Anyone in this thread mentioning Chris Grier in the same post as “the past 20 or 25 years” isn’t paying attention or is just bat**** crazy.

Gents, 25 years ago was 1999. The Dolphins owner and GM in 1999...are both deceased. Chris Grier was a scout. For the Patriots. You could probably blame everything that went wrong in 1999 on Chris Grier, if you were ******* insane. In fact, I can only find one person who worked for the Dolphins in 1999 who also works for the Dolphins today.

It's Dan Marino. Let's not go there.

For the 15 years after that, Grier was part of the Dolphins scouting department - from 2007 - 2015, he was the head of the scouting department. Does anyone remember the fun "power struggles" during those years? Those internal battles between Dawn Aponte, Jeff Ireland and Joe Philbin to see who was really in charge of the team? You could probably blame all of that and what went wrong on Chris Grier, if you were ******* insane.

Chris Grier was named GM in 2016. VP and head of Football Operations was Mike Tannenbaum. New Head Coach was Adam Gase. Now, can you blame Chris Grier for part of what happened from 2016-2018 on Grier? Sure. But you and I both know that Tannenbaum had his big, fat, Antichrist New York head in that decision making process. If you remember (or research) correctly, however, the person who had contractual control over personnel during those three years? Was Adam ******* Gase.

2019-present? Go ahead and rip away - that's all on Grier. And do it with this in mind: Grier has flat-out stated that he tried to give his HC as much of what he wants as possible. Remember Flores clapping and cheering with the Igbinoghene and Raekwon Davis picks?

For what it's worth, I picked "somewhere in the middle." If you want to label me a Grier apologist, go ahead. But if you do that, and don't want me ripping back into your opinion, maybe don't start by blaming him for the past couple decades.
Good post Ghost. Although Grier actually got hired in 2000 as area scout for the Dolphins. Then promoted to National scout in 2003. Everything else you mentioned I agree with.

Back
Top Bottom