Poll: Serious Question | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Serious Question

Has the NFL ever "scripted" a game?

• Yes

Votes: 43 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 56 56.6%

• Total voters
Well, with so many subjective rules I think it would be easy to do. The fact that the NFL hasn't brought more replays into the game is also a headscratcher.

This season, in particular, there were so many game changing calls that were missed. Why not try to get a few more of those corrected? It's a particularly bad look that leads fans to feel like the game could be fixed.

I watched both games today and KC and SF won legitimately IMO. Obviously, the Ayuk catch was a lucky break, but that's football sometimes.

I think the NFL never blatantly tell the refs anything to protect themselves. I do believe the league will have positive job evaluations for refs who can read between the lines and call things to how they think the league would most benefit from it. I think they then choose these refs who demonstrate this for important games.

Somebody mentioned the blatant pass interference that was conveniently missed when Rams made the sb after moving to LA and that's a perfect example. Another one being the Brady tuck rule.

One thing that is really good about Tua is since he is so popular I don't think the refs would look to screw Miami except for maybe against KC. I know they screwed them against Philly but now that Tua led Pro Bowl votes it could help get some more calls.

I also would never be surprised if there were some shady refs who were engaging in secret gambling.
When it came out that the refs in that Dolphins versus Philadelphia game were Eagles fans, how is that even allowed? That was shady.

I think just in terms of perception the NFL could do a much better job. It might help fans to know how officials are evaluated, trained etc.

Honestly, if an independent officiating crew was hired and went through all the game changing plays, I think Miami was on the wrong end of way too many.

Why does that matter? One more win and the Dolphins win the east, can rest starters in the finale, and get a home playoff game against Pittsburgh.

I just think the NFL could do a much better job.

Do you believe the NFL, has ever "scripted" or somehow, someway. Swayed a game in favor of one team or another?

I'm not saying I think the Swifties had anything to do with today's game, I actually believe the Ravens lost this game, they were awful, but it has me wondering if the NFL has ever scripted a team to win some how.

Don't care what reason they had or how they did it, the poll is just a simple yes or no. Has the NFL ever "rigged" a game, what ever you wanna call it.
some players definitely get the benefit of the doubt on calls.. mahomes, Allen, Brady all come to mind. i don't think the NFL instructs anyone to do this but it seems pretty obvious that it happens

Has the NFL ever "scripted" a game?​

**** IF I KNOW.gif

JMO NFL is the ultimate cash cow in organized sports. Add the gambling factor, there is no way this organization would risk anything that would impact the money printer.

With that said, do feel that bad decisions, rule changes, officiating and poor hiring has affected the final product that can set an impression of suspect/sinister activity.

But like most conspiratorial theories, usually it can be explained by incompetence over skillful influence.

JMO NFL is the ultimate cash cow in organized sports. Add the gambling factor, there is no way this organization would risk anything that would impact the money printer.

With that said, do feel that bad decisions, rule changes, officiating and poor hiring has affected the final product that can set an impression of suspect/sinister activity.

But like most conspiratorial theories, usually it can be explained by incompetence over skillful influence.

If it is just incompetence, why won't they review all plays? They implemented it the year after RAMS/SAINT Championship debacle but quickly took it away when they couldn't control games as easily. College reviews all plays and has no issues. NFL sticks with the garbage they call rules so they can control outcome IMO.

If it is just incompetence, why won't they review all plays? They implemented it the year after RAMS/SAINT Championship debacle but quickly took it away when they couldn't control games as easily. College reviews all plays and has no issues. NFL sticks with the garbage they call rules so they can control outcome IMO.
They seem to think a quick call is better than the correct call.

I wouldn't say the league is actively behind anything because secrets like that would eventually leak to the press. However, I suspect some officials are on the take and can get away with it if it's on a smaller level. What do offenses get, something like 10 -11 drives a game? A holding call can kill a drive and in some cases decide a game.

The NFL actually gives the refs advanced scouting for the game they are officiating each week, for each team.

So for example, they will tell the refs to watch Miami for false starts, illegible receivers downfield, holding in the D, etc etc etc.

The refs will be on alert for these things. They actually give the team a heads up before the game, where they will tell the coach and QB to be careful not to do such and such.

Back
Top Bottom