Poll: Serious Question | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Serious Question

Has the NFL ever "scripted" a game?

• Yes

Votes: 43 43.4%
  • No

Votes: 56 56.6%

• Total voters
They seem to think a quick call is better than the correct call.

Yet in college they review plays all the time and do it very quickly. Another part of why the NFL got rid of the review everything was it made their keystone cop officials look bad. They couldn't decide anything with consistency. IMO if it wasn't rigged they would have full time professional officials that are way more competent than these part time (I have another job) refs.

If it is just incompetence, why won't they review all plays? They implemented it the year after RAMS/SAINT Championship debacle but quickly took it away when they couldn't control games as easily. College reviews all plays and has no issues. NFL sticks with the garbage they call rules so they can control outcome IMO.
Mayhap but one of the listed issues (bad decisions/officiating) as an example is full-time officials who could be utilized for both NFL and XFL (or whatever the NFL spring league is called). Why? Is there a suspicious reason for that or could it be the NFL is just too cheap, greedy, lazy or all 3? IMO it's the latter!

The rule changes since the early to mid 2000's seems to benefit certain teams/players more than others. This leads to a perception of fixed/scripted games....and perception, whether we like it or not, becomes people's reality. The NFL getting the refs to make these calls more consistently with EVERYBODY, would help to fix this perception. Until then, people's perception will be that the NFL is helping the next cash cow (Mahomes) get to the SB. When there is supposed to be parity in the league, yet the same team keeps winning all of the time, people start to question things. Started with NE and now moves to KC. I think it would be near impossible to script games, but I can certainly see where the perception comes from.

Serious question? I don't think so.
Do you know the amount of people that it would take to fix the outcome of a game?? People love to talk and it would only take one to squeal and that might end the NFL. Bad calls, yes. Scripting a game, not a chance.

Well after them describing what the musical talent will be for the 49s vs Chiefs SB before we even had championship games in the AFC & NFC to decide who goes...Makes you wonder pretty hard.

Scripted may be an extreme, and doubtful scenario, but allowing Refs to know which teams would be ideal, might slip out here and there.

Absolutely not. There are way too many moving pieces in the NFL to think they are competent enough to have everyone on the same page and nobody blowing the whistle. That being said, I'm not beyond believing a individual referee being bribed somehow from someone outside the NFL.

Wow I can't believe so many on here actually believe the NFL is "scripted".

How sad we will feel one day when we finally win another super bowl, it wont be from hard work and years of torment and years of loyalty and dedication, it wont be because we earned it, rather it will be the "game makers" deciding we get to win another super bowl? What a empty feeling that will be. Why even be a fan?

Last edited:
This poll might as well read “Are you a moron?”

The results still apply.

Think about a script, it’s works in acting not in football. You’d need a complete buy in from each side to throw the game. Both teams would need to practice in order to make it look real. I feel like t th e way we are reliant on technology bad calls have seemed to get worse. I do believe that a ref could make a bad crucial call on purpose in order to favor one team over the other. But there are 7 refs participating , more than one would have to be paid. It’s not like basketball where I think it’s easier to “throw” a game

Scripted? Nah, not scripted.

Influenced and swayed? Absolutely.

It's as simple as assigning a Ref crew who on average call 50% more penalties on the away team, and schedule them to a preferred teams home game against a top team.

That's how you influence. But, at the end of the day. The team still needs to execute. Refs can only do so much.

There's too many examples of proven ref bias.

Now, look at the Chiefs/Phinz. Playoff game.

On thar long Mahomes run. Christian Wilkins stands in place and looks Ike Wiley Coyote where his legs are moving, but he's going nowhere and Mahomes runs right by him. Then Duke Riley and our safety make 0 attempt to tackle Mahomes, but both kinda slap Mahomes on the butt as he runs by

Plays like that are why some may actually believe it's rigged. It makes no sense otherwise.

Kohou, who's not afraid to tackle. Has the opportunity to try and stop allem 2 yards short on 4th down. Instead, steps to the side and allows Allen to fall forward for a 1st.

Those things make you go "hmmmm"

I believe the the media & league HQ has teams & outcomes they'd prefer.

Case in point, the 2010 Dolphins game v putzburgh. It was Benny's 1st game back from suspension & no way could he not be victorious. /s

p.s. The crew that day was led by Gene Steratore who happens to be a pburgh area native.

They 100% have swayed games with referee calls. I don’t think they have ever scripted games as far as involving players/coaches. But we’ve seen the nba sway the outcome of games so what would make you think the nfl hasn’t?

Back
Top Bottom