Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry? | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry?

Trade for Henry?

• Yes, F the picks, F the cap, bring in the aging star RB

Votes: 103 36.1%
  • No, find a back or backs somewhere else

Votes: 182 63.9%

• Total voters
Your posts/opinions are the only things overhyped and trash.

Dude carried tOSU to a Nat’l title amassing three 200 yard rushing games during the Conference title and 2 playoff games. Then comes into the NFL and leads the league in rushing as a rookie and was the best back in football that season. He put up numerous other really good seasons, including double-digit TD’s in 4 seasons.

In no possible way is any of that “overhyped” or “trash”. That’s just a personal agenda talking.

And please save the “his offensive line was great“ excuse. Pretty much every RB that has posted great numbers over a season benefitted from a good or great o-line. See Emmitt Smith as exhibit A.

Lastly, Zeke has also been one of the best blocking and protection backs in the league since his arrival. Urban Meyer once claimed that Zeke is one of the best players he’s ever coached WITHOUT the ball in his hands. Because he does a lot when he doesn’t get the ball.

Sure, he’s not the player he was 9 years ago or the one he was 5-7 years ago. But at one time he was a top tier RB. Pure and simple.
Now, at this time, why is he so valuable?
An NFL players value is based on "what can he do for me today, not what he did 5 or 7 years ago.

Why is this simple concept so difficult for you to understand?

Do I think we will obtain Henry’s service on this team?
Hell No! But It’s a luxury I’d still like to have.
Just want to see the Dolphins get a Championship before I die/or get murdered!

Michael Myers Halloween GIF by filmeditor

Now, at this time, why is he so valuable?
An NFL players value is based on "what can he do for me today, not what he did 5 or 7 years ago.

Why is this simple concept so difficult for you to understand?
He rushed for over 1500 yards last year(which was 3 months ago). So you're saying by the time next season starts in 6 months, he's gonna be broken, slow and washed up? That's one hell of a quick decline. He's miles better, right now and will be miles better when the season starts, than any running back we have.

Would it surprise ppl that Tennessee had 4.4 yards per carry, while Miami had 4.3, with a much lower rated Online? That a whopping .1 yard difference.

Explain to me again how Henry puts us over the top........

Henry amasses big stats because of the high volume of touches. While stats can be misleading at times, this one's pretty basic.

If you think McD should run more, that's one thing, but bringing DH in is likely not going to make a huge statistical difference.

If you want a big "power back", that's understandable situationally as well, but we don't, necessarily, need to spend 16m, and give away draft picks to accomplish that either.

Look, DH is a good back, arguably the best on average of recent seasons as an individual player. The analytics of the situation, however, do not indicate, to me at least, that the benefit is worth the cost.

Convince me otherwise with statistics and facts, rather than hyperbole.

Would it surprise ppl that Tennessee had 4.4 yards per carry, while Miami had 4.3, with a much lower rated Online? That a whopping .1 yard difference.

Henry amasses big stats because of the high volume of touches. While stats can be misleading at times, this one's pretty basic.

If you think McD should run more, that's one thing, but bringing DH in is likely not going to make a huge statistical difference.

If you want a big "power back", that's understandable situationally as well, but we don't, necessarily, need to spend 16m, and give away draft picks to accomplish that either.

Look, DH is a good back, arguably the best on average of recent seasons as an individual player. The analytics of the situation, however, do not indicate, to me at least, that the benefit is worth the cost.

Not that I want to get into this argument, but that’s a liiiittle soft take… teams were stacking and planning for Henry… Miami only ran when it was in opportune situations where as Tennessee pounded and focused on the run.

You throw someone like Henry into our offense and how do you actually plan? You can’t stack the box, you figure as a defense I rather give up 5 or 6 to Henry and hope they make a mistake than shut him down and Hill or Waddle goes over the top.

Henry would run for 5+ a clip in this offense, even with the wear on his body.

(Not saying we should get him, just responding to your post)

Ok I will play along.

Everyone knew Henry is gonna carry it and obviously plan him accordingly.

Put Tyreek, Waddle and Co out there with him, who you gonna plan for?

Fact, not sure? But damn sure I would like to see the result of him in our backfield with our QB and receivers.

Not that I want to get into this argument, but that’s a liiiittle soft take… teams were stacking and planning for Henry… Miami only ran when it was in opportune situations where as Tennessee pounded and focused on the run.

You throw someone like Henry into our offense and how do you actually plan? You can’t stack the box, you figure as a defense I rather give up 5 or 6 to Henry and hope they make a mistake than shut him down and Hill or Waddle goes over the top.

Henry would run for 5+ a clip in this offense, even with the wear on his body.

(Not saying we should get him, just responding to your post)
5+ ypa you say? That's a pretty lofty expectation given the difficulty of the achievement of doing that as a workhorse back, getting 300+ carries.

Ok I will play along.

Everyone knew Henry is gonna carry it and obviously plan him accordingly.

Put Tyreek, Waddle and Co out there with him, who you gonna plan for?

Fact, not sure? But damn sure I would like to see the result of him in our backfield with our QB and receivers.
See the last sentence of my post........

Conjecture is fine. After all this is a fan forum, but conjecture is just that. I can understand the opinions on what DH "might" do for us, but it's not based in facts or statistics.

I agree with others who have basically said if we can steal his services at a low cost, do it. If not, I prefer to use the resources elsewhere.

There's a reason most teams don't value the position the way it was in the past. That reason is that it doesn't make a big enough difference to warrant the investment. Statistics near that out as well.

See the last sentence of my post........

Conjecture is fine. After all this is a fan forum, but conjecture is just that. I can understand the opinions on what DH "might" do for us, but it's not based in facts or statistics.

I agree with others who have basically said if we can steal his services at a low cost, do it. If not, I prefer to use the resources elsewhere.

There's a reason most teams don't value the position the way it was in the past. That reason is that it doesn't make a big enough difference to warrant the investment. Statistics near that out as well.
Get him cheap them give it a try. Can't be worse than Gasket

He rushed for over 1500 yards last year(which was 3 months ago). So you're saying by the time next season starts in 6 months, he's gonna be broken, slow and washed up? That's one hell of a quick decline. He's miles better, right now and will be miles better when the season starts, than any running back we have.

Now you've got it. - rLOL

Mach, just my opinion but I think the first line of your post is very misleading, You have to realize when defenses played the Titans they stacked the box. I mean why would you respect that Titans passing game? Now not one defense stacked the box when they played the Fins, It's almost like comparing apples and oranges.

Back
Top Bottom