Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry? | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: who here wants Derrick Henry?

Trade for Henry?

• Yes, F the picks, F the cap, bring in the aging star RB

Votes: 103 36.1%
  • No, find a back or backs somewhere else

Votes: 182 63.9%

• Total voters
You can "want him" all you like.

That's completely different than making statements as fact, or overstating reality, to make a point for which there is no supporting evidence.

You don't "have to" break down film, look at statistics, understand salary cap implications, or even know that much about the game to be a fan. However, if you want to have educated debates about the subject of player acquisitions, value, etc. it helps to do the research, rather than throwing out rhetoric and parroting narratives.

As I have said before, different ppl have differing interests in the game. Some are stat nerds, some are amateur capologist, some are rah rah guys. No problem with any level, It's broad, and as I see it, unsupported claims stated as fact that I take issue with, and I question them when I see them because maybe there is evidence that I have overlooked and I may learn something from the exchange.

I know I sometimes come off as argumentative. So be it. If that's the price I pay for good, rational talk about the realities of my favorite team, I can live with it.
Let me guess you’re in the profession of accounting?

Yeah he would probably get too many flags for roughing the Bill.
Yeah we don’t want to play too hard against the Bills. I for one was very touched by Allen’s embrace of Tua after the poor Bills lost in Miami. I realized in that moment, that we shouldn’t try to dominate our opponent… Heck, even our opponent can have a bad day? ✌️ Beside all that, it wouldn’t even be fair? So no Derrick Henry for me. Nope. I’m changing my vote.

Could you please post one more? I just wanna make sure of my decision.

I want a Lamborghini too. But, neither of the payments. I'd rather trade for James Cook or Michael Carter among other unavailable players.

Yeah we don’t want to play too hard against the Bills. I for one was very touched by Allen’s embrace of Tua after the poor Bills lost in Miami. I realized in that moment, that we shouldn’t try to dominate our opponent… Heck, even our opponent can have a bad day? ✌️ Beside all that, it wouldn’t even be fair? So no Derrick Henry for me. Nope. I’m changing my vote.

Could you please post one more? I just wanna make sure of my decision.
Enjoy. nasty stuff

So let me toss my hat in the ring here a moment.

I’ve been debating this for some time. I’m a huge fan of Henry, but his workload scares the bejeezus out of me.

I thought Henry would die LAST year. He didn’t. He seems, by most accounts, to be a freak athlete that standard RB rules don’t apply to.

There are two assumptions being made about “Henry to the Dolphins” that I’m not sure are true.

Assumption #1: Henry has to be a workhorse back.

Does he really? Shanahan offenses in general are RBBC. Acquiring Henry does NOT mean he instantly gets 300 carries.

Imagine if Henry only got 150 carries during the season, and was fresh for a playoff game against Buffalo.

Assumption #2: Tennessee won’t come down on their asking price for Henry.

That team is gearing up for a rebuild. I’m baffled as to why Tannehill is still on their roster.

At some point, they’re gonna have to cut bait on Henry or pay him his full 2023 salary.

So I guess my question becomes this: If you’re willing to concede that Henry on Miami HELPS the Dolphins in 2023, what price are you willing to pay?

He’s got one year left on his contract. It not like he’d cripple the Dolphins long-term.

Late round draft pick.

We've always seemingly done better at finding UDFA than hitting on a 6th or 7th.

So if they want that, no problem.

So I guess my question becomes this: If you’re willing to concede that Henry on Miami HELPS the Dolphins in 2023, what price are you willing to pay?
That is the real question, isn't it.......

You are making an assumption too, in that Tennessee has to do anything. It may make "sense" to you, and probably does from a solely fiscal standpoint. Not sure their collective fan base would agree, which IMO matters with this type of thing, particularly if they are picking up a substantial portion of the tab.

That aside, if we could get him for say 5m and no loss of future draft picks, I'll certainly listen if I'm CG.

Let me guess you’re in the profession of accounting?
Not sure what that has to do with anything, but not even close. I do work with numbers, where inputs have to be precise, ideas not based on solid foundations are bad ones and mistakes can be very costly.

That's likely only a small part of why I approach things the way I do, though. The bigger factor is that I tend to analyze things without letting too much emotion sway thoughts or actions.

I guess I watched too much John Wayne and Star Trek's Spock and not enough Sesame Street as a child........

Now, at this time, why is he so valuable?
An NFL players value is based on "what can he do for me today, not what he did 5 or 7 years ago.

Why is this simple concept so difficult for you to understand?

I never stated, anywhere, that he was valuable “at this time”. In fact, the last 3 sentences I wrote openly acknowledged that he’s not the same player he once was. You either didn’t comprehend that part or purposely ignored it.

Those guys were speaking about him in general, career wise, and so was I.

Why is that simple concept so difficult for you to understand, Ray? ;)

Last edited:
Not sure what that has to do with anything, but not even close. I do work with numbers, where inputs have to be precise, ideas not based on solid foundations are bad ones and mistakes can be very costly.

That's likely only a small part of why I approach things the way I do, though. The bigger factor is that I tend to analyze things without letting too much emotion sway thoughts or actions.

I guess I watched too much John Wayne and Star Trek's Spock and not enough Sesame Street as a child........
Bingo - you should have watched more Sesame Street and you would have learned how to Count

Bingo - you should have watched more Sesame Street and you would have learned how to Count

sesame street GIF
Ha Ha Ha

Back
Top Bottom