Poll:Would you give up 1972 for a Marino Ring? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll:Would you give up 1972 for a Marino Ring?

Which would you rather have

• A Marino Super Bowl Win

Votes: 111 39.9%
  • The 1972 Perfect Season

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
TerryTate said:
To take away a ring from 40 people to give it to one person is kinda selfish, plus there were hall of famers on that team as well. This is regardless of the undefeated season.

Dude, there is no regardless of the undefeated season..................:evil:

spydertl79 said:
Terry, there would be 40 people still getting the ring

True, but you would also be giving away the only thing this franchise has that no one else has.... a perfect season.

Say it with me... 17 and 0! :woot:

BlitPhinFan said:
True, but you would also be giving away the only thing this franchise has that no one else has.... a perfect season.

Say it with me... 17 and 0! :woot:
Something that no other franchise has? Dan Marino!

spydertl79 said:
Something that no other franchise has? Dan Marino!

I don't think I can convey my point to where you could not cleaverly refute it, really. I mean, granted no other franchise had Dan Marino, but that is not what a franchise wants. They want championships and super bowl victories more than anything. They also covet being the most dominating team in NFL history, more so than wanting a "Dan Marino."

I love Marino and would never give up the memories he gave me. But to give up that most aloof "perfect season" to give his team a ring? I just can't. The perfect season embodies what this franchise is supposed to be about... perfection.

Back
Top Bottom