Poll:Would you give up 1972 for a Marino Ring? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll:Would you give up 1972 for a Marino Ring?

Which would you rather have

• A Marino Super Bowl Win

Votes: 111 39.9%
  • The 1972 Perfect Season

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
This one is easy... The Perfect Season! This is a team game. The '72 team personified that concept. They won as a team. They didn't lose any games, "as a team", which no one team has accomplished as of yet.

Marino accomplished great things as a player. But think about it. Most of his numbers were because of weaknesses on the rest of the eam (bad defenses, no running games). If we had either one or both during his tenure, his numbers might not have been "HOF" like.

I Was Too Young To Enjoy 72, Marino's Ring Would Have Been Something To Enjoy

SABA-TOOTH said:
I Was Too Young To Enjoy 72, Marino's Ring Would Have Been Something To Enjoy

i enjoy telling everyone to shove it when they bring up there favorite teams history.

I Am Not Young But Didnt Feel Apart Of The Early Dolphin Successes..

Now That The Team Has Hit Certain Low Points And I Feel I Have Taken Part

In As A Fan, Seen Them Live, I Would Have Enjoy Dan's Win More...

Wow...great post btw. I cant remember ever seeing a topic like this. I chose Marino over the 72' team.....probably becaus eim very biased and i saw all the years Marino was here(including his frustration about not winning one) and none of the years before. Not that the 72 team has less signifigance...i just think it would be more...umm dare i say..deserved. Cheers. Just my opinion.

Slappy8800 said:
id give up 72...why? i wasnt around to see it

You weren't around to see a lot of things but I bet you wouldn't give them up.

I don't see how anyone would get rid of the perfect season. We're the ONLY team who has ever gone undefeated.

spydertl79 said:
This is an interesting question, if you were given a choice of keeping the 1972 undefeated season or giving Dan Marino a Super Bowl worthy team, what would you choose? I can't decide myself.:confused:
Screw Marino. '72 team is it.

For me this was easy, there are great QB's through out history(although Marino is the greatest) but there is only ONE undefeated team! All the teams can brag about about their history, and all I have to say is "How many undefeated seasons have they have?" We have the one and only undefeated season, and probably will have the only one ever!

Tough...Very tough. As much as I would have loved to seen Marino get a ring, being the only team go Undefeated ever, is preaty impressive stat to have in trash talking to your buddys.

The only thing that keeps some from saying he was the greatest of all time is his lack of a SB win.

People to this day still question the 72 Phins. I am not one of them, but they say it was a shorter season etc.....

Some don't even believe they were the best team ever lol!!!

However, if Marino had won one ring then nobody could ever question his heart, his statistics or his ring.

Would that have made him the best? That is still a relative question, but a huge consensus would flop and say he was the best.

That is the only reason it is tough for me.

Stbbornly I would choose a ring for Marino. That way I wouldn't have to hear so many people say "Yeah, but he still never won a ring"

i dont see the point celebrating something i wasnt a part of...thats my take on it

spydertl79 said:
This is an interesting question, if you were given a choice of keeping the 1972 undefeated season or giving Dan Marino a Super Bowl worthy team, what would you choose? I can't decide myself.:confused:

Not a chance!!

Back
Top Bottom