Poll:Would you give up 1972 for a Marino Ring? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll:Would you give up 1972 for a Marino Ring?

Which would you rather have

• A Marino Super Bowl Win

Votes: 111 39.9%
  • The 1972 Perfect Season

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 2.9%

• Total voters
Not a chance.The 72-73 Team was the best ever and could have won 4-5 SBs if they hadnt been dismantled and if Joe Robbie had Wayne Hs money.

If Marino got a ring, maybe it would have been an undefeated season. Would anyone still not trade for that if it meant the 72 team never happened...just curious.

CrunchTime said:
Not a chance.The 72-73 Team was the best ever and could have won 4-5 SBs if they hadnt been dismantled and if Joe Robbie had Wayne Hs money.

Very well said, and they were one lucky Stabler pass from quite possibly going to 4 straight SB's as it was.

They were damn good were they not! I did see some of those game but did not really know I like football to actual pick a team. I picked the dolphins the year after.

I was 6 years old and just started watching football that year...I would not have become a Phins fan most likely had it not been for that year...I also picked the Phins to be my team as I loved their uniforms...Dan never got his ring but I still think he is the best ever.

I dont know about the 72-73 team going on to win more SBs. The season after SB VIII the team was still intact because the players that went to the WFL (Csonka, Kiick Warfield) never left until after the SB IX season. The team was intact for the Stabler playoff game.

Farve has a really good shot at Dans all time records, if he dont get em Peyton is the next likely QB

football is about team accomplishment, not player accomplishment. that being said, 72 was the greatest team accomplishment in the history of football, I would not give that up for any player accomplishment even dan's.

A Super Bowl win comes by every year, a perfect season is something that may never happen again.

can we trade the super bowl 8 win over minnesota for dan to have his ring...1972 may never be duplicated...i am so sick and tired of people saying that marino did not win a ring...favre might break dannys records and he won a super bowl but no one can convince me he was better than marino...

I'll vote for what actually happened. God knows Dan deserved it, but it just didn't happen. The perfect season did however happen, and we're the only team to ever accomplish that feat. I'd like to keep that.

Id say 72 but it is close for me. If Marino wins even 1 super bowl the argument against him being the greatest of all time goes out the window. Plus if Marino won a super bowl that means I was alive for it, and I want to see my team win one damnit!

this is selfish but i don't remeber the undefeated season - so i go with dan because i could have been apart of it - if you had the chance to look at old raquel welch pictures or hook up with brooke burke which would you choose? yeah raquel was perfect but...

Back
Top Bottom