Pollian on Phins FA and Wallace | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pollian on Phins FA and Wallace

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
On ESPN, a bit ago, Pollian said that the Phins will add 3 on the OL, an OT and 2 OG's who he said have VG value in this year's FA.

More interesting was his take on Wallace. He said that we used him in a scheme, and that he is not a scheme player but, a one one one guy, and he expects Lazor to change this.

Thoughts?

Sounds like a plan. 3 Olinemen could free up the draft somewhat.

Wallace is a playmaker. He needs to be used as one, not a out route to sideline or comeback route player..

On ESPN, a bit ago, Pollian said that the Phins will add 3 on the OL, an OT and 2 OG's who he said have VG value in this year's FA.

I wouldn't mind going that route. It would at least allow us to take a shot with some playmakers in the draft.

Sounds about right. If Miami get 2 qaulity o lineman via FA they are in good shape. If 2 come from FA then I see 2 or 3 in the draft. That would levae a lot of freedom to draft a 2nd day RB and a good QB to compete with Tanny or maybe even a good inline TE. I just posted 2 Lineman via FA and Miami should trade back out of the 1st. Best thign they could do at that point.

Wallace is a playmaker. He needs to be used as one, not a out route to sideline or comeback route player..

I get what you and he are saying but, not a WR guy. Could you expand a bit on Wallace not being used right in a scheme? Is it that he should be put outside, one on one, and not be used in routes with other WR's?

Exactly what I've been saying. I'd prefer to go 2 tackles and a guard, but there's some good value in the draft at RT.

He could very well be referring to resigning Mckinney and Clabo. just sayin.

This is being a little critical but doesn't a scheme get a guy in one on one match ups? What I would have said is Lazor is going to use the scheme to get these matchups Vs. what we did in lining him up in the same spot all year.

Serious question: How does Polian know our Free Agent plan?

I have to think that even Stevie Wonder Blunder knows that we have 4 FA's on the OL, and need to be replaced. I forgot to mention that he did say picking an OT in the draft as well but, did not say when.

Serious question: How does Polian know our Free Agent plan?

Hickey leaked the info on his 2nd day on the job. Geez! Sorry for the sarcasm but he will be blamed for everything bad that happens to this organization.

Is it a newsflash that we need help on the line and will not go into the season with three rookies upfront?

No, but I was just unclear if it was Polian's speculation or if he had some inside info.

Who am I kidding, he's part of the media now, so of course it's speculation! 10 minutes later, I'm expecting a report with him saying we're only signing defensive players.

Exactly what I've been saying. I'd prefer to go 2 tackles and a guard, but there's some good value in the draft at RT.

We've both been on the same page in getting 3 or 4 guys in FA, with one or possibly 2 being cheaper "grizzly old vets" to fill in for a year. I agree with Pollian that the OG's are gonna give the highest value.

Back
Top Bottom