Pollian on Phins FA and Wallace | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pollian on Phins FA and Wallace

They better add FA's because the McKinnie, Incognito, Jerry and Clabo are all FA's. Martin is done. There is not much left on the roster. So unless you are rolling with Sam Brenner or Nate Garner of course they are going FA to solve some of the needs up front.

This is being a little critical but doesn't a scheme get a guy in one on one match ups? What I would have said is Lazor is going to use the scheme to get these matchups Vs. what we did in lining him up in the same spot all year.

I believe that what he is saying is that Wallace is best when put by himself as opposed to being in the scheme with other WR's. Kinda like Revis Island on O. JMO

Going after oline in FA is a smart move get guys that fit the system.

We've never been able to get good FA lineman. I remember back when we desperately needed a center and tried to get kreutz from the bears. It seems like for whatever reason we can never get the guys we need. Hopefully this year is different.

I get what you and he are saying but, not a WR guy. Could you expand a bit on Wallace not being used right in a scheme? Is it that he should be put outside, one on one, and not be used in routes with other WR's?

We always lined Mike Wallace up on the same side of the field. We almost never put him in motion. We rarely used him in bunch formations. When we did put him in motion or use him in a bunch formation, we did have some success. Mike Wallace primarily ran comebacks and out routes, with the occasional go route mixed in. He was very, very, very rarely used on crossing routes or in the middle of the field. We did try using him on screens, but we simply couldn't block them.

Anyway, if you go back and look at Wallace in Pittsburgh, he had a LOT of his success doing those things we didn't do with him here.

It's one of the reasons why I don't bash Mike Wallace while a lot of others feel like he's been a bust. He just wasn't used very intelligently by our former OC. Remains to be seen if Lazor will do a better job of that.

I get what you and he are saying but, not a WR guy. Could you expand a bit on Wallace not being used right in a scheme? Is it that he should be put outside, one on one, and not be used in routes with other WR's?

What I would do with Wallace is exactly what Kelly did with Jackson this year. Out him all over the field, creating mismatches in the slot, utilizing the MOF with him as well.

Not just on the outside running 3 routes..

What I would do with Wallace is exactly what Kelly did with Jackson this year. Out him all over the field, creating mismatches in the slot, utilizing the MOF with him as well.

Not just on the outside running 3 routes..

Only problem is Wallace doesn't seem to want to fight for the ball. Mike should take some lessons from not Jackson but, Steve Smith. Smith constantly attacks the ball and is extremely aggressive when its in the air.

Can Wallace do this I have no idea.

After this FA period i NEVER want to hear about the Oline being a problem EVER AGAIN!!!!!! If that means bringing in 6-7 guys? Then you better freaking do it!

After this FA period i NEVER want to hear about the Oline being a problem EVER AGAIN!!!!!! If that means bringing in 6-7 guys? Then you better freaking do it!

Remember last year before the draft? We better not draft another OL in the 1st round!!!!

Only problem is Wallace doesn't seem to want to fight for the ball. Mike should take some lessons from not Jackson but, Steve Smith. Smith constantly attacks the ball and is extremely aggressive when its in the air.

I agree with you. We need a little more aggressiveness on Wallace's part. Getting off the line, fighting for the ball, even leaving his feet once in awhile.

I have a feeling we may see a huge year out of him in 2014

It's hard to call Wallace a bust when he was open behind the defense so many times. His value just as a decoy was highly underrated. Gibson probably had field days cuz of the space that Wallace created. Clay had a great year, in part, because of that.

He said we can get tackles in the draft but free agency will have a lot of available guards and he expects us to get olinemen that way

Back
Top Bottom