Pollian on Phins FA and Wallace | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pollian on Phins FA and Wallace

I think we will go after Albert. It makes sense because Philbin wanted him, Ireland refused to make the trade happen. Then we should try to sign Alex Mack. Going into the Draft with only needing a Guard and RT would be sweet. Gives us a lot more options. We could go BPA in round one, but if Taylor Lewan or Zack Martin happen to be there, we take them. If we get Sua-Filo or Morgan Moses in the second, we'll be set.

Only problem is Wallace doesn't seem to want to fight for the ball. Mike should take some lessons from not Jackson but, Steve Smith. Smith constantly attacks the ball and is extremely aggressive when its in the air.

Can Wallace do this I have no idea.

I don't think it's that he doesn't want to. I think he's just not good at going up to high point the ball on that particular type of throw.

Use him to his strengths.

Exactly what I've been saying. I'd prefer to go 2 tackles and a guard, but there's some good value in the draft at RT.

I would like 2 G's and T just because of the CAP, draft a left tackle as it is the highest dollar player and then fill in 3 with free-agents.

G's are easier to produce though. As the GM on NFLN said, "you can always manufacture G's"

If anything, get your experienced LT in FA and draft two G's and the higher you draft them, the more likely you have a PBer. Like anything else. OL are lunchpale guys. unless your name is jonathan.

I think we will go after Albert. It makes sense because Philbin wanted him, Ireland refused to make the trade happen. Then we should try to sign Alex Mack. Going into the Draft with only needing a Guard and RT would be sweet. Gives us a lot more options. We could go BPA in round one, but if Taylor Lewan or Zack Martin happen to be there, we take them. If we get Sua-Filo or Morgan Moses in the second, we'll be set.
One doesn't know which reports are real or not, but it surfaced at Draft time last year that Philbin wanted to trade a draft pick for Brandon Albert because he didn't have sufficient confidence in Jonathan Martin as the LT to protect Tannehill. Albert had agreed to an amount for $x for y years, but Ireland wasn't as eager and we ended up drafting Jamar Taylor, who hopefully will be in better health to make a contribution next season.
However, the Brandon Albert trade that didn't happen was the trigger for the Philbin/Ireland icy working relationship. One of the consequences being Martin's less than stellar form. It is alleged that after the night game (in Tampa?) that we lost, Philbin and Ross had a very late meeting. The very next day Ireland traded for Bryant McKinnie. It is likely after the Tampa Bay loss, Philbin complained bitterly about the roster, specifically the player he had had strong reservations was Jonathan Martin. Next game Martin is playing RT and within a few days the cafeteria incident occurs.
Net effect, the thought is that Philbin wanted Albert all along, so it just might be a matter of irony (or poetic justice depending on how one looks at it), if Joe was to get the guy he wanted all along.

I expect us to draft 3 OL with at least 1 of those being a legit NFL OT. One will start as a rookie, possibly 2. We will likely have 3 veteran starters, including Pouncey. We'll likely go after a veteran LT like Albert, Monroe or Veldheer possibly. I wouldn't be surprised to have Clabo back one more year. I don't know that we'll add 3 starting FA OL though. That sounds like a huge ask. Possibly 1 or 2 starters and another backup guy ... that could happen.

I expect us to draft 3 OL with at least 1 of those being a legit NFL OT. One will start as a rookie, possibly 2. We will likely have 3 veteran starters, including Pouncey. We'll likely go after a veteran LT like Albert, Monroe or Veldheer possibly. I wouldn't be surprised to have Clabo back one more year. I don't know that we'll add 3 starting FA OL though. That sounds like a huge ask. Possibly 1 or 2 starters and another backup guy ... that could happen.

IMO i think we should keep Sam Brenner and Nate Garner , for depth , but i think Brenner could become a pretty good starter for us , he played pretty good football for us this past year and was coming in on the up and up , hadnt gelled and was his first year with us , i think we need to keep Brenner and maybe Garner , because Garner can play multiple possion , but theres something about Brenner , i think he will become a very good player ...

Hard to use Wallace when the QB cant throw a deep ball to save his life.

LT - R. Saffold
LG - Z. Martin
C - M. Pouncey
RG - J. Asamoah
RT - M. Moses

Get it done, Hickey....

Back
Top Bottom