Poor Tua... Rich Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poor Tua... Rich Dolphins

Relax man, let us Tua fans have this last thread of hope. None of us have any say in the draft anyways so all our opinions are moot.

I wouldn’t use a top 5 pick on him. It’s mainly due to durability issues. It’s definitely tough because I know we need a QB. If Tua is on the board for our 1c and NE is next in the draft...that might force my ****ing hand! Idk, my hatred for NE is so great that I would probably be willing to throw away a pick just to screw them.

I don't mind that at all. It's when some "Tua" guys get indignant, and start stating conjecture, and wishful thinking as FACT, that things go South.

I'm of the opinion it's when specific posters basically mock anyone who listens to...you know...actual DOCTORS who say he's going to make a full recovery, and use their armchair medical degrees to suggest that despite what doctors say, THEY are the people who know what reality is...and isn't...when it comes to Tua's recovery.

Again, the worst thing won't be to use one of the multiple first rounders on Tua and have him not make a full recovery. It'll be to not use that pick and have him succeed elsewhere.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly.

I'm of the opinion it's when specific posters basically mock anyone who listens to...you know...actual DOCTORS who say he's going to make a full recovery, and use their armchair medical degrees to suggest that despite what doctors say, THEY are the people who know what reality is...and isn't...when it comes to Tua's recovery.

The thing is, people don’t realize what “full recovery is”. People outside of the medical field think that means Tua will be back playing 100%. I would bet anything that he is not the same after this. Plus, look at all of the injuries he has had in a short amount of time. The Tua lovers have blinders on. He doesn’t make it though a rookie contract without major injuries. He’s getting run down by COLLEGE DTs!!!!

Gators jackass green had his hip dislocated in national title game he was fine

Even assuming he completely recovers, do you really want a guy who is this fragile? In collage?
I wouldn’t say he’s fragile, yeah he’s had some injury issues, but that hip injury was just bad luck. From the looks of it his knee hit the ground first then the force of the 2 LB contributed to the dislocation and fracture. Could happened to any player who lands awkward like that.

And btw throwing a ball requires plenty from the hip area. I hear a lot of people saying oh he’s not a running back or a receiver but quarterbacks need that hip to throw a football.

The thing is, people don’t realize what “full recovery is”. People outside of the medical field think that means Tua will be back playing 100%. I would bet anything that he is not the same after this. Plus, look at all of the injuries he has had in a short amount of time. The Tua lovers have blinders on. He doesn’t make it though a rookie contract without major injuries. He’s getting run down by COLLEGE DTs!!!!
I can tell you first hand, the doctors will say full recovery, but, there will be residual effects post surgery. No one can say, how well Tua will handle, the residuals. They will make or break how well he returns to his old self. Every individual is different in how they handle post op pain, stiffness, numbness, any other discomfort or medical conditions, related to the injured area. He's entering into unknown territory.

Last edited:
Well, we are likely not getting the #1 pick. So Tua will fall to us, certainly with our first #1 pick.

I vote go for it. Put him in the bank, lock it up, take Love lower down for insurance. Why settle for being “good” when you can have a chance to be “great”? We have the picks, let’s roll the dice on one that could potentially transform the team.

Don’t give me the Bo Jackson BS, that was 30 years ago and Tua isn’t a running back.

it all depends what happens six months from now. Was listening to WFAN Franscesca interviewing a prominent doctor about the Tua operation he just had. This doctor said we have to wait about six months because he said there are two types of diseases that can set it, I forgot the names of these diseases. But he went on to say if he doesn’t contract these diseases from this operation he’ll be good to go. So basically a waiting game at this point

Back
Top Bottom