Poor Tua... Rich Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poor Tua... Rich Dolphins

it all depends what happens six months from now. Was listening to WFAN Franscesca interviewing a prominent doctor about the Tua operation he just had. This doctor said we have to wait about six months because he said there are two types of diseases that can set it, I forgot the names of these diseases. But he went on to say if he doesn’t contract these diseases from this operation he’ll be good to go. So basically a waiting game at this point
Was one of them the dreaded avascular necrosis (that ended Bo Jackson's career)?

it all depends what happens six months from now. Was listening to WFAN Franscesca interviewing a prominent doctor about the Tua operation he just had. This doctor said we have to wait about six months because he said there are two types of diseases that can set it, I forgot the names of these diseases. But he went on to say if he doesn’t contract these diseases from this operation he’ll be good to go. So basically a waiting game at this point
The problem is the draft is only five months and a week away

When it comes to Tua’s hip and ankle injuries you have to trust the doctors. Their opinions are going to be the best information we have to whether it’ll be a recurring injury.

on second thought I don’t trust the Dolphins training staff at all. So just do the opposite of what they say.

Well, we are likely not getting the #1 pick. So Tua will fall to us, certainly with our first #1 pick.

I vote go for it. Put him in the bank, lock it up, take Love lower down for insurance. Why settle for being “good” when you can have a chance to be “great”? We have the picks, let’s roll the dice on one that could potentially transform the team.

Don’t give me the Bo Jackson BS, that was 30 years ago and Tua isn’t a running back.

Not so fast! First, we're all pretty sure the Bengals are getting the #1 overall pick. Now, is there a chance they pass up Burrow for Tua? I doubt it! Someone made a comment of how many 1st round picks they've chosen with injury histories that is currently plaguing the team. The John Ross, Wr kid comes to mind.

I think #2 and likely the Redskins is a wildcard pick. I'm not sure they're that committed to Haskins and I could see them making a move for Tua.

Draft 2 QBs in the first round? Heard a ton of wild theories but that's pretty crazy. Drafting Tua is way too risky with our top5 1st first rounder. He may never play again, he may recover after a "full" year of rehab (so he's not going to play much/at all next season no matter what). At that point just draft a 2020 QB if you're still in need.

He may be fine, he may never play well again. I can point to more examples of injuries ruining careers than not.
For a while I wondered if we could corner the market by trading everything down to the 7 round and picking up all the kickers....all of them, it was a fun thought but then I had to stop doing drugs, so...

No

God awful plan.

I would chew someone out if they presented this to me in person.

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion it's when specific posters basically mock anyone who listens to...you know...actual DOCTORS who say he's going to make a full recovery, and use their armchair medical degrees to suggest that despite what doctors say, THEY are the people who know what reality is...and isn't...when it comes to Tua's recovery.

What does a full recovery mean within the context of eventually going to get hit over and over again?

What good is a full recovery after heart surgery if you go right back to a diet of whoppers and big macs?

I want Tua, not only to make a full recovery, but to become a beast in the NFL. IMO, he's earned it.

For us, a rebuilding team trying to construct a foundation with no star QB, no oline, no RB, etc., it doesn't make any sense.

For teams like the Pats, Chargers, Saints and the like; gambling on Tua would make sense. Those teams have a competent foundation/structure with aging stars at QB that can keep competing while they cross their fingers on Tua.

What structure do we have to speak up? We are a newly born fawn stumbling to find its footing. So even if we were to draft Tua and he makes a full recovery, he would have to sit until we can prove we have a legitimate oline.

His injury is a serious one and even in making a full recovery, he's going to now get hit by players twice as fast and strong as college kids.

The Tua dream is not one a Phin fan should continue to have. It's time to wake up, folks.

But I understand why it's hard to let go and empathize with those hoping for a miracle.

Going to come down to value. Tua with top 10 pick, bad pick don’t care what doctors say. Tua with a pick in the teens, eh getting warmer, wouldn’t be happy but wouldn’t be extremely disappointed essentially trading Minkah for a chance at a generational talent with a 50/50 chance of returning to form. With the Texans pick think it’s a no brainer or anything after you gotta make the pick. If Miami deems him the guy they want and decide he’s worth the risk at the Steelers pick unless the first pick is Chase Young, you trade back and grab another 1st next year. This allows you to double down in the event that Tua or Rosen don’t pan out you now have 3 1st again to grab top qb next year.

What does a full recovery mean within the context of eventually going to get hit over and over again?

What good is a full recovery after heart surgery if you go right back to a diet of whoppers and big macs?

I want Tua, not only to make a full recovery, but to become a beast in the NFL. IMO, he's earned it.

For us, a rebuilding team trying to construct a foundation with no star QB, no oline, no RB, etc., it doesn't make any sense.

For teams like the Pats, Chargers, Saints and the like; gambling on Tua would make sense. Those teams have a competent foundation/structure with aging stars at QB that can keep competing while they cross their fingers on Tua.

What structure do we have to speak up? We are a newly born fawn stumbling to find its footing. So even if we were to draft Tua and he makes a full recovery, he would have to sit until we can prove we have a legitimate oline.

His injury is a serious one and even in making a full recovery, he's going to now get hit by players twice as fast and strong as college kids.

The Tua dream is not one a Phin fan should continue to have. It's time to wake up, folks.

But I understand why it's hard to let go and empathize with those hoping for a miracle.

So.

Just to clarify, you’re either:

1) Disagreeing with medical professionals

Or

2) Debating what “full recovery” means.

I’m hoping that it’s the second, which is still odd. If that isn’t the case, people hoping for him to play at a high level aren’t the ones who need to wake up. The ones who think it would be miraculous are.

Back
Top Bottom