Porter Gustin DE | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Porter Gustin DE

Yea not chance at all he could break out in a new system.
Anything is possible but I was just expressing my opinion that he is more likely to be a member of the PS than one of the final 53. Obviously my opinion or the opinions of anyone on here means nothing since the coaches make the final decision on the roster

By the way, I never stated he has no chance. I simply feel he is a long shot to make the final 53 but if he does, it certainly won’t be the first time I have been wrong. Good luck to him.

I'd keep Stille and Goode over Gustin, even if I thought Gustin was marginally better (i have no opinion on this), just because of the potential for growth... even stardom.

Gustin looks like a grunt, a low powered Van Ginkle, and while he could be helpful, he's the guy I expose to waivers.

Catch yourself

You said I was attacking posters.

Get a grip.
Catch yourself. I specifically worded it so it wasn't an attack, just a general statement, once again showing "defensiveness" .....lol.

I'd keep Stille and Goode over Gustin, even if I thought Gustin was marginally better (i have no opinion on this), just because of the potential for growth... even stardom.

Gustin looks like a grunt, a low powered Van Ginkle, and while he could be helpful, he's the guy I expose to waivers.
Great points on Stille and Goode. Gustin is more likely to clear waivers, if Miami chooses to cut him.

What's your opinion on both Goode and Stille. It sure seems, you are high on them?

Catch yourself. I specifically worded it so it wasn't an attack, just a general statement, once again showing "defensiveness" .....lol.
Your quote.

A chance? Sure. A probability? Not so much.

Everything Dolphins is not "titties and beer". I get the homer mentality, I really do, but at some point doesn't reality, rationality, and actual history have to come into play?

As others have said, he has been in the league for a few years, with multiple staffs. What do you think the chances are that he really does become a quality starter at this point?

Would be awesome if it happened, but I think attacks on ppl posting reality is misplaced.

I didn't attack any poster.

You need to read your own post again claiming I was attacking posters.

I'm out.

What's your opinion on both Goode and Stille. It sure seems, you are high on them?
They've looked good... but it's more than that. I tend to get a read on a player by how and when a coaching staff uses them, and both players are getting lots of snaps with the 2nd unit... and more importantly, they are showing up in the stat sheet while the players around them are not. Which in my eyes says, 'they are outplaying the other 2nd unit guys'.

Scarlett is exactly the player I had in mind, but he may already be gone to keep SkyT, so then we have to look deeper to find space for Gustin, e.g. Eguaoven or McKinley or a RB.
I think Munson, Eguaoven and Scarlett are out.

They've looked good... but it's more than that. I tend to get a read on a player by how and when a coaching staff uses them, and both players are getting lots of snaps with the 2nd unit... and more importantly, they are showing up in the stat sheet while the players around them are not. Which in my eyes says, 'they are outplaying the other 2nd unit guys'.
I see the same. The promotion to 2nd string says a lot.

Take your mod hat off if you want to continue.
What????? I only wear the mod hat when ppl break forum rules. If I thought you had personally attacked someone, I would have said so in no uncertain terms. If you interpreted it that way, I don't know what to say. That was really the whole point of my original post. Some posters, particularly hard core homers tend to get defensive over any non positive opinion (other things as well apparently), when the criticisms are wholly valid.

Anyway, I thought you were "out".

Goode looks big on the field in a good way. Dude is also smart. Positive attitude.

In my eye he has the look of durable NFL player with significant upside. Has more range than I expected.

That said, I'd like to keep all 3 at the expense of some others.

Goode looks big on the field in a good way. Dude is also smart. Positive attitude.

In my eye he has the look of durable NFL player with significant upside. Has more range than I expected.

That said, I'd like to keep all 3 at the expense of some others.
I liked Goode coming out. He looks like a prototype SSLB to me, and let's be honest, Scarlett is a jag and Van Ginkle will probably walk next year.
When we draft a player, I always try to get into the GMs head... why did we take this player, this position.
I like Van Ginkle, but he's going to cash in, and I dont think an above average SSLB is where you spend.

Back
Top Bottom