Porter Gustin DE | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Porter Gustin DE

What????? I only wear the mod hat when ppl break forum rules. If I thought you had personally attacked someone, I would have said so in no uncertain terms. If you interpreted it that way, I don't know what to say. That was really the whole point of my original post. Some posters, particularly hard core homers tend to get defensive over any non positive opinion (other things as well apparently), when the criticisms are wholly valid.

Anyway, I thought you were "out".
You used to be fun!

Heh!

Goode looks big on the field in a good way. Dude is also smart. Positive attitude.

In my eye he has the look of durable NFL player with significant upside. Has more range than I expected.

That said, I'd like to keep all 3 at the expense of some others.
Me too.
These guys show great promise and are cheap.
Let older vets go that are backups and keep these dudes.

You used to be fun!

Heh!
What U mean "used to be"?...lol

It's just mind boggling to me that some ppl think every Phins acquisition is some sort of "diamond in the rough" that other teams somehow overlooked or got it wrong. Sure it happens, but not all that often.

If you are saying I should be more forgiving, and leave ppl to their delusions, point taken. I'll give it more consideration in the future.

What U mean "used to be"?...lol

It's just mind boggling to me that some ppl think every Phins acquisition is some sort of "diamond in the rough" that other teams somehow overlooked or got it wrong. Sure it happens, but not all that often.

If you are saying I should be more forgiving, and leave ppl to their delusions, point taken. I'll give it more consideration in the future.
Umm... I don't think I thought about it all that deeply.

I mostly just talk to hear my head rattle.

Like Ray, but not that bad.

I got to admit I completely forgot/never saw that they signed Gustin. Seemed like there was a stretch where USC would have these LBs hyped up early on then injury or the potential never came together.

Remember his name 4-5 years ago and some hype on him. I don't have a lot of faith it'll click here but at least he's playing better than the guy across from him

Gustin kinda reminds me of Karl Mecklenburg (sp?) #77 of the Orange Crush Denver Broncos the way he relentlessly chases and harasses the offense.
I really like what he adds to our defense especially coming in fresh as a reserve player.

Maybe the light has come on for the kid, I kinda like what I've seen so far. Remember we poached Zach Seiler from a PS and got Cam Wake from somewhere north of here. It would be nice to develop a kid that can spell one of the starters and produce every once in a while. It also likely that a starting T will make him null and void...

3 years with Cleveland getting into 6, 14 and 6 games getting 6, 29 and 12 tackles in those years

Even in the 29 tackles year he had only 12 solo tackles.....less than 1 a game

His lone sack in the NFL came in 2019.

Looked good late in game, but don't see him sticking with this team

Yeah its not like Cam Wake had to go to the CFL and work on his craft or something. Everyone just comes in and dominates, they can never improve or fulfil their talents.

Edit: Not saying he will be Cam Wake level or close. Are we really going to say a guy can't improve enough to be decent depth though?

Yeah its not like Cam Wake had to go to the CFL and work on his craft or something. Everyone just comes in and dominates, they can never improve or fulfil their talents.

Edit: Not saying he will be Cam Wake level or close. Are we really going to say a guy can't improve enough to be decent depth though?
Yes, of course a guy can improve. Cam Wake/ Warren Moon are the only 2 to have success coming from CFL, so there are many more Dedmon's than them over the years. We are all rooting for those hidden gems....why wouldn't we. Just don't see anything special in a guy this year that also did not have another team show he was so valuable another 3 years. He was also signed late, meaning he was not on many teams radars at all. They all watch a lot more film than I do.

Back
Top Bottom