Portis and Greise | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Portis and Greise

Homerish? Or facts...

Would you like to compare stats between the two..? How many TD they Scored or Rushed for last year..?

Xnought, you say you are stating mere facts, however it sounds like a lot of opinion to me. Fact is, Ricky was the LEAGUE'S leading rusher last year,which pretty much makes your argument for Portis irrelevent right now. Also, Your Griese take reeks of bitterness and opinion. Not saying that some of that opinion isn't shared but it seems to me you are trying to make your own self feel better about your own team by putting down the possible acquisitions of others. This sounds very similar to Saints fans of yesteryear sounding off how Ricky couldn't break off big gains, how Ricky was overweight and Deuce was better.

Well, Ricky pretty much shattered that theory. I have no problem with Denver or their loyal fans, but please don't act like lowly Saint fans (exception Saint Greg). Until Portis does surpass Williams and Griese does fail as a BACKUP quarterback in Miami, don't say you are merely stating facts when you are doing anything but... thank you :)

I agree Sam... I mean we could easiy speculate the same as their deal with Jake "THE SNAKE GOT LOOSE" Plummer... Things that make you go hmmmm... Only time will reveal the facts... But as for me...I got my dough on R "THE BEAST" W... He's a proven warrior in my book.;)

Oh and BTW, I was at the Denver/Miami game and even though RW didn't bust any long ones or have over 100 yrds rushing, he still popped in 2 TD's. That is, IMO, where it really counts. In the RED ZONE. 6 points a pop instead of a friggin' 3 point FG.

GO RW!!!

Originally posted by Samphin
Xnought, you say you are stating mere facts, however it sounds like a lot of opinion to me. Fact is, Ricky was the LEAGUE'S leading rusher last year,which pretty much makes your argument for Portis irrelevent right now. Also, Your Griese take reeks of bitterness and opinion. Not saying that some of that opinion isn't shared but it seems to me you are trying to make your own self feel better about your own team by putting down the possible acquisitions of others. This sounds very similar to Saints fans of yesteryear sounding off how Ricky couldn't break off big gains, how Ricky was overweight and Deuce was better.

Well, Ricky pretty much shattered that theory. I have no problem with Denver or their loyal fans, but please don't act like lowly Saint fans (exception Saint Greg). Until Portis does surpass Williams and Griese does fail as a BACKUP quarterback in Miami, don't say you are merely stating facts when you are doing anything but... thank you :)

I dont care. You guys add FA's every year. Every team does.

I am just saying that Greise is overrated.

Heck, Ricky was technically an unknown until this year. He didn't break 1000 yards until his 3rd year, and teams where expecting the same old slow power Ricky.

Ricky and Portis BOTH surprised thier competition.However, Portis had less carries and a higher yards per carry number.

I think Ricky is the perfect RB, but Portis is a speed back and will rack up tons of yards per game.

Obviously, Miami is a much better situation, but you will be lying if there is more partying going on then Ice cold Denver. You guys fixed Ricky but that was mroe of a medication/weight deal. Greise needs AA, work on his mechanics, and leadership for Dummies, to bulk up, and to be more consistant.

This is more of an anti-Griese thread. I was just using the Portis-Ricky comparisons for the data on Greise.

I think he'll be fine. He just needs to grow up and mature. I know it has been beaten over the head but, I know I would have had a difficult time dealing with the type of pressure that kid was under. From the fans to the coaches and even from a legend no longer there. Didn't you know that the Miami Dolphans are the best rehab in the NFL? We have a pretty good success rate in getting players turned around, or getting them to become full time criminals. J/K. Like I said he'll be fine. He has the tools. Just needs a guy like Turner to let him loose.:cool:

Xnought, The way you state your opinion for Griese, it seems you are under the impression that Griese will be coming in to "save" Miami or at least be the starter. That is simply not the case. Fedler is our starter and willbe for the foreseeable future. Griese is simply an upgrade at that Backup spot. I would pose the question to you, would you rather have Ray Lucas or Brian Griese as your primary backup? If you look at it from that point of view, as the Dolphins are, it seems like a pretty tame risk to bring Griese aboard.

Also, if you want to nitpick about Portis's stats it should be noted that he did only start 12 games (as you pointed out), and that would in essence make his season incomplete since you can't judge the ames in which he did not start. Secondly, if you think Ricky is the perfect back, why would you state that Portis will surpass him? You can't pass perfection I thought ;) Also, a guy who has an entire draft traded for him and then two more first round draft picks three years later, is hardly and unknown up until last year.

@ XNOUGHT

i agree that portis has great speed but what a lot of people saw this season ricky has an extra gear as well

I think Portis is very good, but I don't think he is better than RW. The primary argument for Portis' superiority is his YPC. IMO RW was not used well by the Miami O early in the season. My guess is that late in the year Ricky's YPC increased as he was better utilized. Does anyone know?

Your team just signed a QB whose career rating is in the 60s, who has thrown more INTs than TDs, who has lead his team to 1 winning season in his career and your worried whether the Dolphins signing Griese as a back-up is a good move? No offense but I think you have more to worry about closer to home. And BTW How much did you pay that gem of a QB?

Originally posted by XNOUGHT

I dont care. You guys add FA's every year. Every team does.

I am just saying that Greise is overrated.

Heck, Ricky was technically an unknown until this year. He didn't break 1000 yards until his 3rd year, and teams where expecting the same old slow power Ricky.

Ricky and Portis BOTH surprised thier competition.However, Portis had less carries and a higher yards per carry number.

I think Ricky is the perfect RB, but Portis is a speed back and will rack up tons of yards per game.

Obviously, Miami is a much better situation, but you will be lying if there is more partying going on then Ice cold Denver. You guys fixed Ricky but that was mroe of a medication/weight deal. Greise needs AA, work on his mechanics, and leadership for Dummies, to bulk up, and to be more consistant.

This is more of an anti-Griese thread. I was just using the Portis-Ricky comparisons for the data on Greise.

Surprising point of view from a Denver fan.....

Just like the Saint fans last year telling us how Ricky will be a cancer on our team and never be more than a middle of the road RB.

:rolleyes:

Portis had a great rookie season and I'm sure he will continue off that success but Ricky is the best. He had a mediocre pass game and faced a lot of eight men fronts. Portis was fortunate to play w/ a better(and dirtier) O-line and not face these problems.

Originally posted by XNOUGHT

Heck, Ricky was technically an unknown until this year.

Please. :rolleyes: Every football fan knew who Ricky was before he came to Miami.

Back
Top Bottom