Portis and Greise | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Portis and Greise

posted by XNOUGHT

Heck, Ricky was technically an unknown until this year.

Ricky hasn't been an unknown since his sophomore year of college football. A team traded their entire draft to get him remember.......

Geez!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Trekbiz

Ricky hasn't been an unknown since his sophomore year of college football. A team traded their entire draft to get him remember.......

Geez!

Thank you. That, plus he had a few good seasons with the Saints. Also, the wedding dress pose.;)

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
This is getting a little homerish.

Portis is just as good as Ricky.

The Denver O-Line makes him better then Ricky.

Portis averaged 5.5 yards a carry, and didn't start till week 4.

Ricky had 4.6 yards a carry and started all season long.

Ricky will be taking a backseat if Mr. Portis can remain healthy this year.

Now you say, Greise will be an upgrade. No he wont, his pass catchers last year where much better then Miami's pass catchers. His O-Line was equal in pass-protection, the thing was, Greise was very predictable when he dropped back to pass. He would drop back X steps, and then move forward two steps. He would do this every time and Shanny benched him because he was unteachable and refused to change. Trust me I saw the games and even the announcers noticed it.

Greise had some of his worse games vs bad pass defenses(EX. Oakland). He became a turnover machine down the stretch(key interception vs the Jets in the 4th quarter), something Dolphin fans would absolutely hate.

All this with a superior pass catching core, better O-Line, and compareable RB. Heck, Shanny is a hundred times better then the Dave Wannestat who cant seem to get a 6-8 pro-bowl squad to the playoffs.

On top of that, Griese has a massive drinking problem, is a poor to average leader, blows key games, and has an inability to take over a game anymore and bail his team out.

You guys really dont want him. If Greise comes in, he will run the best QB on the roster out of town........Jay Fiedler.

If Greise goes sober, somehow turns into a leader(it could happen), and gets his technique and playing ability refined, then he could be a tremendous pickup. But that all rests on that Dave Wannestat is a better coach then Shannahan and could fix those problems, which WILL NOT happen unless Brett Farve becomes your QB coach.

:sleep:

bro. you should worry about jake. and your so called geniuos hc. both are overrated. looks like a long season in denver.

Facts? Those are merely a collection of opinions. Don't confuse the two...now for my own OPINIONS

$20 says Portis doesn't have a 5.5 ypc next year. I highly doubt he has 5.0...4.5 is more likely if he is the feature back. Therefore, his rushing yards will be the same or less than this year.

Jake Plummer will continue to make fantastic plays and follow them up with mind-numbingly stupid decisions. He will remain a tease to Denver fans for 2 years before they find someone new.

Me thinks Xnought was slapped right out of finheaven! Thats what happens when you misconstrue facts and pass off homer opinions as fact...except of course for when we do it because we are right :lol:

Originally posted by Samphin
Me thinks Xnought was slapped right out of finheaven! Thats what happens when you misconstrue facts and pass off homer opinions as fact...except of course for when we do it because we are right :lol:

Living in an offseason dreamworld :rolleyes:

I dont even root for the B-Hoes.

It really doesn't matter if you root for the Broncos or not. The fact is you were trying to pass off opinons YOU hold about the Broncos being better than the Dolphins as fact. Plus, why even start the tread about Portis and Griese and all the other Bronco players you referenced if you aren't even a fan of them? Something smells fishy there...

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
This is getting a little homerish.

Portis is just as good as Ricky.

The Denver O-Line makes him better then Ricky.

Portis averaged 5.5 yards a carry, and didn't start till week 4.

Ricky had 4.6 yards a carry and started all season long.

Ricky will be taking a backseat if Mr. Portis can remain healthy this year.

Now you say, Greise will be an upgrade. No he wont, his pass catchers last year where much better then Miami's pass catchers. His O-Line was equal in pass-protection, the thing was, Greise was very predictable when he dropped back to pass. He would drop back X steps, and then move forward two steps. He would do this every time and Shanny benched him because he was unteachable and refused to change. Trust me I saw the games and even the announcers noticed it.

Greise had some of his worse games vs bad pass defenses(EX. Oakland). He became a turnover machine down the stretch(key interception vs the Jets in the 4th quarter), something Dolphin fans would absolutely hate.

All this with a superior pass catching core, better O-Line, and compareable RB. Heck, Shanny is a hundred times better then the Dave Wannestat who cant seem to get a 6-8 pro-bowl squad to the playoffs.

On top of that, Griese has a massive drinking problem, is a poor to average leader, blows key games, and has an inability to take over a game anymore and bail his team out.

You guys really dont want him. If Greise comes in, he will run the best QB on the roster out of town........Jay Fiedler.

If Greise goes sober, somehow turns into a leader(it could happen), and gets his technique and playing ability refined, then he could be a tremendous pickup. But that all rests on that Dave Wannestat is a better coach then Shannahan and could fix those problems, which WILL NOT happen unless Brett Farve becomes your QB coach.

XNOUGHT,

You are certainly entitlted to your opinion. If you are a Denver fan you are definately in a position to know more about Greise's social habits than we are. We'll just have to see how those habits impact him here. If Kerry Collins can clean up his act, anyone can...

As for the debate between Portis & Williams, I doubt that there is a GM in the league that would back up your statement. Denver has shown a propensity for producing 1,000 yard backs since Shannahan took over. Not one of them (Davis, Anderson, Gary, Portis) was a first round pick, and only portis was a first day pick.

Point is that any back with quickness between the tackles is going to be successful in that offense so long as Mike keeps bringing in smart, athletic linemen.

Ricky is a thousand yard back in two different offenses on two different teams. He's done it 3 times (nearly 4). He's done it at 250+lbs and at 230lbs. He's a good pass catcher and a terriffic blocker. His only real drawback is his propensity for putting the ball on the carpet, but since that is a problem he shares with Portis it probably is irrelevant in this discussion.

No doubt that Portis is a big talent. However he doesn't have the resume to compare to ricky yet. I think you'd have had a better argument if you'd said Duce McAllister was better than Ricky ;-)

Back
Top Bottom