Portland may take Durant!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Portland may take Durant!!!

they might.....they are flirting with the idea but when it comes down it to i really really think they will pick oden.....today gm kevin pritchard said he wants to take the guy who will help win championships, obviously the dominate big man wins championships(duncan, shaq).....he also said today he isnt shopping zach randolph but thats a bunch of BS because the team is in LOVE with aldridge and his natural position is 4 which randolph plays..........

i wont be happy if they pick durant for a little, then ill remember that its durant and that he is really really good himself.......

ploy in contract talks with Oden.

Yet, fans still fall for this stuff. Unreal

they might.....they are flirting with the idea but when it comes down it to i really really think they will pick oden.....today gm kevin pritchard said he wants to take the guy who will help win championships, obviously the dominate big man wins championships(duncan, shaq).....he also said today he isnt shopping zach randolph but thats a bunch of BS because the team is in LOVE with aldridge and his natural position is 4 which randolph plays..........

i wont be happy if they pick durant for a little, then ill remember that its durant and that he is really really good himself.......

The NBA is becoming much more of a guard type of game. While Oden is a great pick so is Durant. If Portland already has two good bigs why wouldn't they want to add someone like Durant who will open things up for them. I mean you really can't go wrong with either pick IMO, but it seems like Durant currently would be a better fit. Don't know if there is enough room down low for both Aldridge and Oden.

The NBA is becoming much more of a guard type of game. While Oden is a great pick so is Durant. If Portland already has two good bigs why wouldn't they want to add someone like Durant who will open things up for them. I mean you really can't go wrong with either pick IMO, but it seems like Durant currently would be a better fit. Don't know if there is enough room down low for both Aldridge and Oden.
well it is becoming pretty guard orientated but look at the past champions almost all of them have had great centers, or dominating centers(besides detriot)...aldridge compliments any big man, magloire and oden have somewhat the same game(oden being much better) and aldridge had no trouble complimenting him, same with randolph....in fact i cuold see the blazers trying aldridge at the 3 if they dont trade randolph...he is the second fastest on the team, and has the range(except three's)........also another key factor why i think the blazers will pick oden is because on portlandtrailblazers.com they set up a poll on who to draft and oden is dominating it.....it would be a great way to get alot of fans pissed

i so badly want them to take that asian guy with the backstreet boys highlight video, just to piss off queen felix

well it is becoming pretty guard orientated but look at the past champions almost all of them have had great centers, or dominating centers(besides detriot)...aldridge compliments any big man, magloire and oden have somewhat the same game(oden being much better) and aldridge had no trouble complimenting him, same with randolph....in fact i cuold see the blazers trying aldridge at the 3 if they dont trade randolph...he is the second fastest on the team, and has the range(except three's)........also another key factor why i think the blazers will pick oden is because on portlandtrailblazers.com they set up a poll on who to draft and oden is dominating it.....it would be a great way to get alot of fans pissed

The Spurs did not have a great center. They had a great power forward. :D Shaq was with the other teams. You don't need a great center you just need a great big man. I think the Blazers have two good big men (Not great, But good) and a guard like Durant would not hurt. It would open things up for them and give a scoring threat like they will not get from a big. Also I look at the fact that Durant will be on the court alot longer becuase Oden will get in foul trouble alot! While people can argue this forver it only really matters to the Blazers. I am sure you will be happy with either one.

The Spurs did not have a great center. They had a great power forward. :D Shaq was with the other teams. You don't need a great center you just need a great big man. I think the Blazers have two good big men (Not great, But good) and a guard like Durant would not hurt. It would open things up for them and give a scoring threat like they will not get from a big. Also I look at the fact that Durant will be on the court alot longer becuase Oden will get in foul trouble alot! While people can argue this forver it only really matters to the Blazers. I am sure you will be happy with either one.
no a forward like durant wouldnt hurt but the team would be better with oden....oden will get in foul trouble early but once he gets diciplained he wont......durant is turnin into a defensive liabilty, he cant bench 185, how is he goin to stop players from backin down on him???? the only way he can is to foul..........1 great big man, and 1 potentially really really good big man is better than>>> good big man, 1 potentially really really good big man, and great center

this guys like oden come around once every 10 years or so

2 guys like durant came just a few years ago(lebron and melo)

no a forward like durant wouldnt hurt but the team would be better with oden....oden will get in foul trouble early but once he gets diciplained he wont......durant is turnin into a defensive liabilty, he cant bench 185, how is he goin to stop players from backin down on him???? the only way he can is to foul..........1 great big man, and 1 potentially really really good big man is better than>>> good big man, 1 potentially really really good big man, and great center

this guys like oden come around once every 10 years or so

2 guys like durant came just a few years ago(lebron and melo)

Oden no matter how long he stays in the NBA will get into foul trouble! Oden is a shot blocker and will always try and challenge a shot. Even great centers get into foul trouble all the time. Durant is not as bad on defense as you think he is. Also he will not be guarding a power forward to back him down all the time. That would be horrible coaching and decision making. He will get stronger when he starts to work out and his length is incredible so that will help his defense also. Its not a big deal who Portland picks because either way they are getting a Star.

i was assuming he is talking about yi jianlian or w/e his name is

He is not asian he is Chinese, But I should have known that anyway. Why would you want him if you were getting Oden anyway? That would be the pick you want if you take Durant.

Oden no matter how long he stays in the NBA will get into foul trouble! Oden is a shot blocker and will always try and challenge a shot. Even great centers get into foul trouble all the time. Durant is not as bad on defense as you think he is. Also he will not be guarding a power forward to back him down all the time. That would be horrible coaching and decision making. He will get stronger when he starts to work out and his length is incredible so that will help his defense also. Its not a big deal who Portland picks because either way they are getting a Star.
your underating odens post defense. and he will get better at blockin shots and wont get in as much foul trouble....durant isnt a bad perimeter defender but when marion, lebron, deng, rashard lewis(onec he signs with someone else), and gerald wallace back him down, he will get embarassed...

its pretty much a big deal because big men win championships, how many has lebron, melo, kobe(without shaq) won?

He is not asian he is Chinese, But I should have known that anyway. Why would you want him if you were getting Oden anyway? That would be the pick you want if you take Durant.
isnt asian and chinese the same??

yi is to fast and small for a center, he will be a 3 or 4 in the nba...he has great speed and is tall...with him at 6'11 aldridge at 7'0 and oden at 7'1....that would be insane, triple towers

Back
Top Bottom