Portland may take Durant!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Portland may take Durant!!!

your underating odens post defense. and he will get better at blockin shots and wont get in as much foul trouble....durant isnt a bad perimeter defender but when marion, lebron, deng, rashard lewis(onec he signs with someone else), and gerald wallace back him down, he will get embarassed...

its pretty much a big deal because big men win championships, how many has lebron, melo, kobe(without shaq) won?

No I am not underating his post defense. Did you not see how many times he fouled out or came very close to it. Did you see how much he had to sit because of fouls? This is not just with him Duncan, Shaq, Yao, and others get in foul trouble. Am I underating Duncan's Defense? No I just realize that he will get into foul trouble. Also Durant is not going to get the best player on the other team to defend. The coaches will want him to save his energy for offense. Durant is not going to get killed like you think he will.

I never said it was not important to have a big man. Aldrigde is becoming a very good big man and should only get better. Actually if you look at the recent teams who have won a title its not only becuase of there bigs its because they have guards and Bigs!
Where would Duncan be without Parker and Manu?
Where would Shaq be without Kobe and D-Wade?
Where would Wallace and Sheed be without Chauncy and Hamilton?
You need both to win a title not just one.

No I am not underating his post defense. Did you not see how many times he fouled out or came very close to it. Did you see how much he had to sit because of fouls? This is not just with him Duncan, Shaq, Yao, and others get in foul trouble. Am I underating Duncan's Defense? No I just realize that he will get into foul trouble. Also Durant is not going to get the best player on the other team to defend. The coaches will want him to save his energy for offense. Durant is not going to get killed like you think he will.

I never said it was not important to have a big man. Aldrigde is becoming a very good big man and should only get better. Actually if you look at the recent teams who have won a title its not only becuase of there bigs its because they have guards and Bigs!
Where would Duncan be without Parker and Manu?
Where would Shaq be without Kobe and D-Wade?
Where would Wallace and Sheed be without Chauncy and Hamilton?
You need both to win a title not just one.
okay so do u take the one who comes every 10 years or the one who comes every 4 years?

they're taking oden. they know there's nothing to gain by admitting that now.

You take Lebron or Oden? Cause according to you he comes around every few years
i was thinkin more of the lines of melo. i dont think durant will ever be as good as lebron, he cant dribble, or pass like lebron can.

ill take oden.....its like duncan vs lebron...which one would you take?

edit: nvm if it was oden vs lebron. i'd take lebron but i dnt think durant and lebron even have close to the same game

i was thinkin more of the lines of melo. i dont think durant will ever be as good as lebron, he cant dribble, or pass like lebron can.

ill take oden.....its like duncan vs lebron...which one would you take?

edit: nvm if it was oden vs lebron. i'd take lebron but i dnt think durant and lebron even have close to the same game

I would take Kobe, Lebron, and D-Wade over Duncan. Gaurds neeb big men and big men need gurads. You don't win unless you have both.

ploy in contract talks with Oden.

Yet, fans still fall for this stuff. Unreal

It's a ploy all right, just not for a contract. NBA has set contracts for first round picks. There's no room for negotiation. Portland has no incentive to play coy with the contract; this isn't the NFL.

The Blazers are trying to keep their trade options open. The ideal scenario for them would be to get the Sonics to trade up to #1, since you can't go wrong with either guy. Of course, the Sonics probably know that too.

It's a ploy all right, just not for a contract. NBA has set contracts for first round picks. There's no room for negotiation. Portland has no incentive to play coy with the contract; this isn't the NFL.

The Blazers are trying to keep their trade options open. The ideal scenario for them would be to get the Sonics to trade up to #1, since you can't go wrong with either guy. Of course, the Sonics probably know that too.

:yes: on everything.

If Portland is planning on taking Durant, then they should try and convince Seattle to move up a spot by giving up one of their young prospect centers, and/or maybe some future picks.

Believe me, Seattle likes Durant but they are BUMMED about missing the opportunity at Greg Oden. Don't give it to them for free! They'd love to re-sign Rashard Lewis, and he'd love to return. Greg Oden is a better fit.

If Portland is planning on taking Durant, then they should try and convince Seattle to move up a spot by giving up one of their young prospect centers, and/or maybe some future picks.

Believe me, Seattle likes Durant but they are BUMMED about missing the opportunity at Greg Oden. Don't give it to them for free! They'd love to re-sign Rashard Lewis, and he'd love to return. Greg Oden is a better fit.

I don't think Seattle will trade becuase they will be happy with who ever Portland does not take. It also take alot of pressure off the Managment because when they pick at 2 it will be obvious.

I don't think Seattle will trade becuase they will be happy with who ever Portland does not take. It also take alot of pressure off the Managment because when they pick at 2 it will be obvious.

Of course they'll be happy with either Oden or Durant, but Greg Oden is Greg Oden. And, to that team, one player does fit better than the other. In Portland, they've got gaping holes on the perimeter next to Roy and up front.

Greg Oden solves two problems in Seattle:

1. After drafting an 18-19 year old center for basically.. well, for ever, they finally get one that we know can play the game of basketball at a high level.

2. No worries about how to fit in Durant with Rashard Lewis. Rashard Lewis wants to come back, but where exactly does he fit? One of those guys at PF in the West would be a joke, and Ray Allen is a prototype 2-guard.. he can't play anywhere else. So, basically, if you re-sign Lewis which would be for a large amount of cash, you bring Durant off the bench and go through the same problems every summer. Nah, they're far better off with Greg Oden.

If it was Seattle picking #1, then this wouldn't even be a question. Me? Hell, I wouldn't care if I had Shaq in his prime at center, Tim Duncan in his prime at power forward, and a trashy player like Antoine Walker at small forward. I would still take Greg Oden.
:ninja:

Back
Top Bottom