Portland may take Durant!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Portland may take Durant!!!

Of course they'll be happy with either Oden or Durant, but Greg Oden is Greg Oden. And, to that team, one player does fit better than the other. In Portland, they've got gaping holes on the perimeter next to Roy and up front.

Greg Oden solves two problems in Seattle:

1. After drafting an 18-19 year old center for basically.. well, for ever, they finally get one that we know can play the game of basketball at a high level.

2. No worries about how to fit in Durant with Rashard Lewis. Rashard Lewis wants to come back, but where exactly does he fit? One of those guys at PF in the West would be a joke, and Ray Allen is a prototype 2-guard.. he can't play anywhere else. So, basically, if you re-sign Lewis which would be for a large amount of cash, you bring Durant off the bench and go through the same problems every summer. Nah, they're far better off with Greg Oden.

If it was Seattle picking #1, then this wouldn't even be a question. Me? Hell, I wouldn't care if I had Shaq in his prime at center, Tim Duncan in his prime at power forward, and a trashy player like Antoine Walker at small forward. I would still take Greg Oden.
:ninja:

Greg Oden fits in alot better with Seattle than Durant, But saying that Seattle would have a tough time finding a spot for Durant is crazy talk. Durant would play PF and IF Lewis resigns than he plays SF. Durant is not going to muscle people down low, But he will score. They would probably switch some match-ups around to protect Durant until he bulks up. Durant will not be coming off the bench.

I would take Kobe, Lebron, and D-Wade over Duncan. Gaurds neeb big men and big men need gurads. You don't win unless you have both.

Id take a dominate big man over guards any day. After all not many PF come around often.

Id take a dominate big man over guards any day. After all not many PF come around often.

Either does a guard like the ones I named. The NBA ia all about guards these days and thats all there is to it. I mean I don't disagree with the fact that you need a big, but you really need both not just one. Look at KG? Great big, but does not have any help at all. Look at Kobe with and without Shaq. You need both

68cqmf5-1.jpg
large_oden5-1.jpg
large_oden3-1.jpg

6gajw4w-1.jpg

02-2.jpg

4kab5aq-1.jpg

4y9c8pg-1.jpg

6fhfaxi-1.jpg

689lf87-1.jpg

Greg Oden fits in alot better with Seattle than Durant, But saying that Seattle would have a tough time finding a spot for Durant is crazy talk. Durant would play PF and IF Lewis resigns than he plays SF. Durant is not going to muscle people down low, But he will score. They would probably switch some match-ups around to protect Durant until he bulks up. Durant will not be coming off the bench.

Saying that Durant would be a successful PF out West is "crazy talk" :err:

And who said that Seattle would have a tough time finding a spot for Kevin Durant? They'd have a tough time convincing Rashard Lewis that he's a part of their long-term plans, not Kevin Durant. Greg Oden is a better fit for them, and that is my point. I'm not bashing Durant.

Saying that Durant would be a successful PF out West is "crazy talk" :err:

And who said that Seattle would have a tough time finding a spot for Kevin Durant? They'd have a tough time convincing Rashard Lewis that he's a part of their long-term plans, not Kevin Durant. Greg Oden is a better fit for them, and that is my point. I'm not bashing Durant.

Durant could be a successful at the spot, But it would be like playing small ball. Besides Durant actually averaged more rebounds last year than Greg Oden. Greg Oden would fit Seattle MUCH better, But I don't think it will happen. I never said you were bashing just trying to make my point.

Durant could be a successful at the spot, But it would be like playing small ball. Besides Durant actually averaged more rebounds last year than Greg Oden. Greg Oden would fit Seattle MUCH better, But I don't think it will happen. I never said you were bashing just trying to make my point.

In the NCAA, it's a different ball game. The rebounding numbers don't really matter when it comes to the pros, IMO. Kevin Durant at PF full time would be a harsh reality for the Seattle front office.. :)

I don't even like Chris Wilcox much at center, and he's already logging minutes there.

Puh-leeze, no way on earth Portland passes on Oden, missing out on Jordon to take Sam Bowie is still too fresh in their minds.

In the NCAA, it's a different ball game. The rebounding numbers don't really matter when it comes to the pros, IMO. Kevin Durant at PF full time would be a harsh reality for the Seattle front office.. :)

I don't even like Chris Wilcox much at center, and he's already logging minutes there.
yeah that would be ahorrible front line.......wilcox is horrible at defense espicially at center, durant isnt going to be a good post defender, hell rashard lewis is horrible at defense if they resigned him.....seattle could turn into a phoenix though.

yeah that would be ahorrible front line.......wilcox is horrible at defense espicially at center, durant isnt going to be a good post defender, hell rashard lewis is horrible at defense if they resigned him.....seattle could turn into a phoenix though.

Felix.. I love Brandon Roy. Please take Greg Oden.

And yes, Seattle is going to be the worst defensive team in basketball.

you kinda contradicted yourself bro

if that is fresh on portlands minds then that could play a factor of drafting durant
I'm not talking about big men vs smaller men here. If Jordan was in the draft today, there is no way he would have gone third, I still think Akeem would be #1 but with the drafts and the scouting is done today, Portland would take Jordon.

What I'm saying they know they can't risk passing on Olden and watch him become the next great thing in the NBA, if they take him and it turns out Durant is better, no one is going to beat them up about it because everyone else has Olden ahead of Durant, but if they pass on Olden to take Durant and Olden become the next Shaq, they will never live it down.

I'm not talking about big men vs smaller men here. If Jordan was in the draft today, there is no way he would have gone third, I still think Akeem would be #1 but with the drafts and the scouting is done, today, Portland would take Jordon.

What I'm saying they know they can't risk passing on Olden and watch him become the next great thing in the NBA, if they take him and it turns out Durant is better, no one is going to beat them up about it because everyone else has Olden ahead of Durant, but if they pass on Olden to take Durant and Olden become the next Shaq, they will never live it down.
okay, now your first post makes sense :lol:

but yeah i agree with that....

Back
Top Bottom