Positives from Browns game! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from Browns game!

Another positive and we say it weekly:
I'm positive that Ballage is no Daniel Thomas. he's worse.
I question moves like this because it worries me about the staff. He hasn't shown any progress from year 1 to 2. At what point do we just move on?

I question moves like this because it worries me about the staff. He hasn't shown any progress from year 1 to 2. At what point do we just move on?
Of all the things we could gripe about this one has the most merit. They've identified some talent amongst these thieves in the temple. But Ballage has pictures on someone. I'm not a pro player, but I'm the Al Bundy of my house. He's just a north/south, no-wiggle, no push, no lean, doesn't break tackles, cannot slide, cannot catch......it's obvious to everyone but this staff and I do think this staff will do wonders with talent...Head Scratcher.:wacky

I see positives with this staff, and I was highly skeptical in the first 4 weeks.

But the RB position baffles me. They stick with Ballage for far too long. Then, we finally get another look today, and the first guy they hand it to is Gaskins, after Laird looked good out of the backfield last week. They finally had enough of two RBs getting -2 to 1 yard per carry, and Laird gets 20 on 3 carries.

I mean -- You look at how they all took contact, and Laird was the only one who went forward after every hit. The. Only. One. He had one carry where they hit him after .5 yards and he squeaked out close to 4.

Anyway circling back to Ballage. It's almost like they are trying to prove they were right about him by giving him enough carries. It's time to cut bait. It's bad.

The Giants and Bengals game scare me.
We could end up beating both of them.

Two weeks ago I’d agree with you, however this defense has regressed severely. They’re back to being as bad as they were at the beginning of the year. I thought we were getting better, playing more disciplined and giving maximum effort. The last two weeks look like a team that has quit.

Not much to cheer about today. But it was nice to see both Deiter and Calhoun play well today. Cleveland didn't have their starting DLine, but, in spite of that, they both were solid. What can you say about Parker, kid has been a complete revelation. I see 2 more wins on the schedule, the Giants and Bengals games are both very, very winnable.

Yup. RF didn't get sacked in 1.5 seconds

Which brings in a few teams on 3 or 4 wins that we've not really considered like the nose diving Lions, Bucs and Falcons, along with all the other players, picking outside the top 5 would be mess things up a lot.

Two weeks ago I’d agree with you, however this defense has regressed severely. They’re back to being as bad as they were at the beginning of the year. I thought we were getting better, playing more disciplined and giving maximum effort. The last two weeks look like a team that has quit.

Well I think the loss of Williams and Whalton have really effected the offense, you probably lost Grant for a while if not rest of year... and reshuffle of the OL yet again. The defense, especially the secondary has dealt with even more shuffling and mixing and matching guys with hardly any time even practicing much together...

what has been real disappointing to me is the amount of penalties the last two weeks. I thought the new staff had a much more disciplined team but...

Which brings in a few teams on 3 or 4 wins that we've not really considered like the nose diving Lions, Bucs and Falcons, along with all the other players, picking outside the top 5 would be mess things up a lot.

so amazing the ineptitude of so many teams.. the year we are epic bad. I watched some of the Bengals game in between ours today, QB was literally short throwing balls all over to his wideouts. I really can’t see them winning a game unless they go back to Dalton, and why would they at this point?

Back
Top Bottom