Positives from Browns game! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from Browns game!

Relative to the most depleted roster ever, and growing with continued injuries, Grant now being out, I thought the team played very hard, and the schemes were sound...

so amazing the ineptitude of so many teams.. the year we are epic bad. I watched some of the Bengals game in between ours today, QB was literally short throwing balls all over to his wideouts. I really can’t see them winning a game unless they go back to Dalton, and why would they at this point?
The thing is, if that receiver didn't cough up the ball, just so Stinkpatrick could get lucky, yet again, just for being in the right place at the late time, the Bungles could have won that game.

The thing is, if that receiver didn't cough up the ball, just so Stinkpatrick could get lucky, yet again, just for being in the right place at the late time, the Bungles could have won that game.

Agreed, it was a like a monumental task to get to that point where (thanks mostly to Mixon) and the ineptitude of Rudolph earlier in the game, they had that one chance.... I just don’t think they get another one.

Well I think the loss of Williams and Whalton have really effected the offense, you probably lost Grant for a while if not rest of year... and reshuffle of the OL yet again. The defense, especially the secondary has dealt with even more shuffling and mixing and matching guys with hardly any time even practicing much together...

what has been real disappointing to me is the amount of penalties the last two weeks. I thought the new staff had a much more disciplined team but...

the injuries are starting to pile up and I do agree it’s hurt the offenses ability to sustain drives.That makes me wonder why were sticking with Ballage? He is a big part of the struggles as he just can’t find any lanes and is extremely easy to tackle. That said the bills and the Browns cut through our defense in both first quarters. I can’t blame the inept offense on that. The defense offered very little resistance and has forced 2 punts in the past 2 games. That’s disgusting.

the injuries are starting to pile up and I do agree it’s hurt the offenses ability to sustain drives.That makes me wonder why were sticking with Ballage? He is a big part of the struggles as he just can’t find any lanes and is extremely easy to tackle. That said the bills and the Browns cut through our defense in both first quarters. I can’t blame the inept offense on that. The defense offered very little resistance and has forced 2 punts in the past 2 games. That’s disgusting.

I just read this..I mean it’s impossible to have any success on offense like this.. and Wilson also left with a rib injury. I think when the offense produces next to nothing, as it did at the starts the last two weeks it sure makes things difficult. Then on defense we have no pash rush and an ever changing secondary.

O-line gets another shakeup
Shaq Calhoun’s bout with the rookie wall may still be ongoing, but he was able to return to the starting lineup for his first game in three weeks. Calhoun started in place of Evan Boehm, who was not listed on the injury report and had started seven consecutive games before Sunday.With Calhoun, and Julien Davenport starting for the second consecutive week at left tackle, Miami used its eighth different offensive line unit in 11 games this season.

so amazing the ineptitude of so many teams.. the year we are epic bad. I watched some of the Bengals game in between ours today, QB was literally short throwing balls all over to his wideouts. I really can’t see them winning a game unless they go back to Dalton, and why would they at this point?

I was flipping between that game too, Finley is spectacularly bad. They have no chance of beating us with him under center, they need to go back to Dalton if they really care about winning a game this season. He took a terrible sack on their final drive, holding onto the ball way to long to virtually end the game.

I just read this..I mean it’s impossible to have any success on offense like this.. and Wilson also left with a rib injury. I think when the offense produces next to nothing, as it did at the starts the last two weeks it sure makes things difficult. Then on defense we have no pash rush and an ever changing secondary.

O-line gets another shakeup
Shaq Calhoun’s bout with the rookie wall may still be ongoing, but he was able to return to the starting lineup for his first game in three weeks. Calhoun started in place of Evan Boehm, who was not listed on the injury report and had started seven consecutive games before Sunday.With Calhoun, and Julien Davenport starting for the second consecutive week at left tackle, Miami used its eighth different offensive line unit in 11 games this season.

Sheesh sounds like they’ll need name tags for their next meeting.

I was flipping between that game too, Finley is spectacularly bad. They have no chance of beating us with him under center, they need to go back to Dalton if they really care about winning a game this season. He took a terrible sack on their final drive, holding onto the ball way to long to virtually end the game.

I’m guessing they are evaluating Finley to be absolutely sure Of what they have. I wish we’d do that with Rosen for the final 5 games.

Was Boehm bad enough to warrant Calhoun starting instead? I'd like to see Boehm at center or RG ideally instead of whoever else / or Kilgore...

But yeah, what kind of bizzaro land is it where Devante is the healthy receiver?! It looked to me like the dude was yanking all over Grant's ankle.... but yeah we defintely need to add some talent to this group this offseason.

I believe, There were blown coverages on the 1st 2 TD's. So its possible the newer players are not fully acclimated with the defense yet?

Which brings in a few teams on 3 or 4 wins that we've not really considered like the nose diving Lions, Bucs and Falcons, along with all the other players, picking outside the top 5 would be mess things up a lot.
I'm terrified of this outcome

Loved watching that Charles Harris 'sack'. It was like he just couldn't bring himself to finish it off and pulled back at the last minute. Like he had to remind himself he was about to get a sack and to do whatever he could to avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom