Positives from today! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today!

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
Did this last week and wanna try and do it every week to find some kind of positives. Was able to go to today’s game and watch it live! Here’s my thoughts:

1) Raekwon McMillan had his best game as a Miami Dolphin, he was flying around in the run game and thumping people. Coaching staff knows how to use him and it’s been fun to watch.

2) Taco Charlton with his second sack. And he made a nice play on a screen and I believe had a pressure on the 4th down stop we had. Not 100% sure if he got credited for a pressure but sure seemed like he hurried rivers live. Our pass rush is non existent, so even the smallest of flashes by Taco are exciting.

3) Godchaux and Wilkins are so solid, saw both with multiple run stuffs both dudes make plays In run game.

4) Parker was solid caught all his targets 4 for 70 and a TD.

5) Drake ran the ball hard, probably his best game so far.

6) Oline played pretty solid in first half, was petrified to see Isaiah Prince starting but they weren’t that bad. Definitely nowhere close to good but the coaching staff seems to give these guys help. Where as In previous years cough cough Gase cough would put a 3rd string OT on an island by themselves and watch them get beat for sacks every play.

7) Man did Tua look great on Saturday, he has like 6 TDS and was throwing it all over against Ole Miss.

8) The fans at the game today were awesome, the tail gates were top notch, fans were engaged and cheering hard for most of the game. The Die hards really showed out at hard rock stadium and that’s what it’s all about. On the way to the game people asked me “your really going to the game”. Like it’s embarrassing or something, but at the game there was none of that fans turned up had a good time and atmosphere was great

Did this last week and wanna try and do it every week to find some kind of positives. Was able to go to today’s game and watch it live! Here’s my thoughts:

1) Raekwon McMillan had his best game as a Miami Dolphin, he was flying around in the run game and thumping people. Coaching staff knows how to use him and it’s been fun to watch.

2) Taco Charlton with his second sack. And he made a nice play on a screen and I believe had a pressure on the 4th down stop we had. Not 100% sure if he got credited for a pressure but sure seemed like he hurried rivers live. Our pass rush is non existent, so even the smallest of flashes by Taco are exciting.

3) Godchaux and Wilkins are so solid, saw both with multiple run stuffs both dudes make plays In run game.

4) Parker was solid caught all his targets 4 for 70 and a TD.

5) Drake ran the ball hard, probably his best game so far.

6) Oline played pretty solid in first half, was petrified to see Isaiah Prince starting but they weren’t that bad. Definitely nowhere close to good but the coaching staff seems to give these guys help. Where as In previous years cough cough Gase cough would put a 3rd string OT on an island by themselves and watch them get beat for sacks every play.

7) Man did Tua look great on Saturday, he has like 6 TDS and was throwing it all over against Ole Miss.

8) The fans at the game today were awesome, the tail gates were top notch, fans were engaged and cheering hard for most of the game. The Die hards really showed out at hard rock stadium and that’s what it’s all about. On the way to the game people asked me “your really going to the game”. Like it’s embarrassing or something, but at the game there was none of that fans turned up had a good time and atmosphere was great

Looked like plenty of room to stretch out in the stadium today with all the empty seats

Say what you will, but each game has been less ugly than the one before it. I guess that's something.
It should and heres why.
First our schedule goes from very hard to easier every game. That helps mentally with any team.
Second we churned the roster about as hard as you can prior to the first game which if your just trying to win is pretty stupid.
Third first time players, coaches take time to jell.

Well, this was the most difficult stretch of games for the Dolphins. Four teams that made the playoffs last year, one that was super bowl champions. Miami isn't close to competitive and that is a sad truth. I know some fans will say that at least Miami played the Chargers evenly for about two quarters. I guess that's something. Rosen had a nice start to the game as well and the defense did a pretty good job against the run.

Disappointed to see the coaching staff fail to come up with adjustments at the half. I'm not sure this group is the long-term answer and that's as big a question as the quarterback of the future.

PS positive imo was seeing Flores getting fired up on the sideline especially after Wilkens screwed up. I like to see that fire.
I also thought replacing Ballage with Walton was a improvement. We need to make more of these moves.
Saw a little life out of the secondary imo this week maybe McCain being out and Jones being in helped.

We get a break from watching this travesty next week because of the bye week

PS positive imo was seeing Flores getting fired up on the sideline especially after Wilkens screwed up. I like to see that fire.
I also thought replacing Ballage with Walton was a improvement. We need to make more of these moves.
Saw a little life out of the secondary imo this week maybe McCain being out and Jones being in helped.
I know Jones screwed up leaving his man and going at Rivers on that TD but we are a better team when he’s on the field.

Thanks for posting. Respect to anyone who goes to a game. I went opening day. There were zero positives. :)

Back
Top Bottom