Positives from today’s game! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today’s game!

We're 1 game away from the season that the Dolphins dominate. No, I don't mean the post-season ... I mean the OFFSEASON BABY! W00000000000000000h0000000000000000000000!!!!!!! We're gonna have high draft picks and almost 2 in every round. This year we're going to dominate this draft thing! We'll be able to reload this roster in a short amount of time.

We're 1 game away from the season that the Dolphins dominate. No, I don't mean the post-season ... I mean the OFFSEASON BABY! W00000000000000000h0000000000000000000000!!!!!!! We're gonna have high draft picks and almost 2 in every round. This year we're going to dominate this draft thing! We'll be able to reload this roster in a short amount of time.
Man, I hope so. I made reservations in Vegas eight months ago. I just want to have a good time and be excited about Miami Dolphins football for a week.

-Jerome Baker balled out ton of tackles a nice int and should had a sack but Needham got toasted.
-Vince Biegel Nice INT a few TFLs he’s been a bright spot all year.
-Devante Monster Parker glad to see him back healthy and playing well. It was important to see him bounce back from his first injury of the year and not let it affect him.
-Albert Wilson looking more dynamic getting back to form.
-Oline seemed to play a little better today.
- Solid game from Gesicki
-Overall disappointing game we lost to a bad team, and we had another one of our second half collapse games where we look like a completely different team in second half. But another positive only 2 games left and should have more talent next year

The O-line is horrendous... has to be addressed big time in both free agency and the draft.

Hey, Bengals may have the #1 pick, but we're tied with the NY Giants and Washington, both of whom have beaten us. We might just have won the 2nd overall pick. We may not get the first QB choice, but we just might have the 2nd choice QB, which in this draft is quite good. I think it pivots on strength of schedule ... but dang, if we lose to them after both of them beating us ... that'll really suck. Cardinals won. Lion's have an extra tie, so if we lose next week we will have no worse than the 4th pick ... so that's pretty decent for a tankjob ... not a total fail.

This was a good game, IMHO. We showed bright spots with takeaways, we scored points, Parker looked good, etc. We know this roster has a lot of holes and lots of youth, but we've got a lot of good draft picks incoming, and we have plenty of cap space for FA's if we need a few. I'm quite happy with this game. And, I'm kinda glad that Patriot-nemesis Eli Manning no longer has a losing record in the NFL. Silly, I know .... but I'm glad. Anyone who denied Tom Brady two more rings should go out a winner.
Ideally the skins and giants tie next week and we lose out. If one is hoping for the 2 spot. I can’t root to lose though. Agree it wasn’t a total fail w development occurring as the season went on. I really don’t want to see Fitz next year though. If we don’t find a QB in the draft who can play from week 1 just play Rosen and see how he does behind a better roster w a year of everyone in the same system under their belts.

Ideally the skins and giants tie next week and we lose out. If one is hoping for the 2 spot. I can’t root to lose though. Agree it wasn’t a total fail w development occurring as the season went on. I really don’t want to see Fitz next year though. If we don’t find a QB in the draft who can play from week 1 just play Rosen and see how he does behind a better roster w a year of everyone in the same system under their belts.
Im with you on the qb ...I dont want to see ol nasty beard back either and its impossible to get behind a guy you know has a shorter shelf life than Tom Brady has at this point. No the fins need to draft a QB every year until they find the "one". Is it Burrow? Maybe...Tua? who knows at this point but one thing for sure...Its not Fitztragic

Hey, Bengals may have the #1 pick, but we're tied with the NY Giants and Washington, both of whom have beaten us. We might just have won the 2nd overall pick. We may not get the first QB choice, but we just might have the 2nd choice QB, which in this draft is quite good. I think it pivots on strength of schedule ... but dang, if we lose to them after both of them beating us ... that'll really suck. Cardinals won. Lion's have an extra tie, so if we lose next week we will have no worse than the 4th pick ... so that's pretty decent for a tankjob ... not a total fail.

This was a good game, IMHO. We showed bright spots with takeaways, we scored points, Parker looked good, etc. We know this roster has a lot of holes and lots of youth, but we've got a lot of good draft picks incoming, and we have plenty of cap space for FA's if we need a few. I'm quite happy with this game. And, I'm kinda glad that Patriot-nemesis Eli Manning no longer has a losing record in the NFL. Silly, I know .... but I'm glad. Anyone who denied Tom Brady two more rings should go out a winner.

and you trust Grier with all those picks???

-Jerome Baker balled out ton of tackles a nice int and should had a sack but Needham got toasted.
-Vince Biegel Nice INT a few TFLs he’s been a bright spot all year.
-Devante Monster Parker glad to see him back healthy and playing well. It was important to see him bounce back from his first injury of the year and not let it affect him.
-Albert Wilson looking more dynamic getting back to form.
-Oline seemed to play a little better today.
- Solid game from Gesicki
-Overall disappointing game we lost to a bad team, and we had another one of our second half collapse games where we look like a completely different team in second half. But another positive only 2 games left and should have more talent next year

I don't think fans learned much. Everyone knew the OL is horrid. Everyone knew there is no pass rush. Everyone knew the secondary is staffed by 8th stringers. The game was just further confirmation. I've done no analysis, but it seems lack of setting the edge hurts the run D more than up the middle. Whoever Miami gets for the edge HAS to be able to set the edge. Did Cox get any snaps?

That said, Rowe seemed to play well the little I focused on him. Godchaux appeared to step up his game

It's been one helluva ride thus far ...

mashup.gif

and you trust Grier with all those picks???

You are missing the point.

The reality is that Grier will be in charge of our draft. Your "trust" in his picks is less then meaningless.

How much weight he gives to the coaches and the scouting department in regards to his decisions are much more meaningful questions. How effective the scouting department turns out to be is his responsibility. It will be interesting to watch what changes, if any, he makes in that department over the next two years.

I find the presumptuousness on this forum concerning how our opinions influence the Front Office even more aggravating then when the Front Office makes ineffective choices (draftees who last less then 3 or 4 years on our team).

I'm glad to give my opinion on how the Dolphins are doing or to improve the team, but I am equally aware that Front Office doesn't take interest in any of those opinions.

You are missing the point.

The reality is that Grier will be in charge of our draft. Your "trust" in his picks is less then meaningless.

How much weight he gives to the coaches and the scouting department in regards to his decisions are much more meaningful questions. How effective the scouting department turns out to be is his responsibility. It will be interesting to watch what changes, if any, he makes in that department over the next two years.

I find the presumptuousness on this forum concerning how our opinions influence the Front Office even more aggravating then when the Front Office makes ineffective choices (draftees who last less then 3 or 4 years on our team).

I'm glad to give my opinion on how the Dolphins are doing or to improve the team, but I am equally aware that Front Office doesn't take interest in any of those opinions.

well getting back to my original, I actually just asked what their personal opinion was and why

Back
Top Bottom