Positives from today’s game! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Positives from today’s game!

Let me ask this. A couple of weeks ago in that Albert Wilson thread there were varying opinions on whether we should send him packing. At the time I was on board with saying goodbye.
Now today I’m rethinking my position on this. We get Preston, Parker and Hurns back. Pretty good starting three. If Albert and Ford keep playing the way they have been playing now, it really does provide us with some nice depth without having to worry about drafting someone this year. That pick could really be used for an immediate need.
Just a thought, I’m not saying we can’t improve his position in a year or two but Wilson is playing well again.

WR is probably the last need for this team imo, so I really hope they don't waste a pick on one until day 3. I am with you on Wilson...earlier he looked like a shell of himself, but maybe he just needed more time to recover from his injury. I think he is overpaid for what hes making but if we have cash to spend I would consider just keeping him next year.

If we had a semblance of a run blocking offensive line, chances are we would’ve won the last two games. If anything, yesterday—and the entire season—has been a referendum on using two of our first three picks on the offensive line.

If we had a semblance of a run blocking offensive line, chances are we would’ve won the last two games. If anything, yesterday—and the entire season—has been a referendum on using two of our first three picks on the offensive line.
Totally agree with this.

Probably a good idea to get two FA linemen, as well.

It's amazing to think what an average OLcould do

I didn't get to watch the game unfortunately, but I saw the score and that apparently we had no major injuries? That's great. That's a great result.

I saw that the Dolphins' OL was at the Panthers game tonight, up in a suite. They were getting tanked up and seemed to be having a really good time. Good for those guys, to get a night off for some R&R. I think they've played pretty well for a cobbled together unit full of low expectation players.

It's amazing to think what an average OLcould do

I think the problem is that they were kind of set up to fail behind a team with a limited offensive attack, and then losing two quality bookend tackles coming into the season. I don't think they've played poorly given that the team currently has basically nothing invested in the line and those guys are being asked to play beyond their talent level. No, they haven't been good, but look at the roster. It's just limited talent across the board. Lunch pail guys, sure, but you need more than just lunch pail guys against the freaks who play DL these days.

You are missing the point.

The reality is that Grier will be in charge of our draft. Your "trust" in his picks is less then meaningless.

How much weight he gives to the coaches and the scouting department in regards to his decisions are much more meaningful questions. How effective the scouting department turns out to be is his responsibility. It will be interesting to watch what changes, if any, he makes in that department over the next two years.

I find the presumptuousness on this forum concerning how our opinions influence the Front Office even more aggravating then when the Front Office makes ineffective choices (draftees who last less then 3 or 4 years on our team).

I'm glad to give my opinion on how the Dolphins are doing or to improve the team, but I am equally aware that Front Office doesn't take interest in any of those opinions.

This is a FAN MESSENGE BOARD, not a super secret chat channel for the 32 NFL GMs.

We can only speak with our opinions.

I didn't get to watch the game unfortunately, but I saw the score and that apparently we had no major injuries? That's great. That's a great result.

I saw that the Dolphins' OL was at the Panthers game tonight, up in a suite. They were getting tanked up and seemed to be having a really good time. Good for those guys, to get a night off for some R&R. I think they've played pretty well for a cobbled together unit full of low expectation players.

"Pretty well" is a little too strong. Run game is still nonexistent

Game flipped on lairds bounce decision for a safety which was an awful decision given the athlete.

thought he was saquan barkley or something lol

Game flipped on lairds bounce decision for a safety which was an awful decision given the athlete.

thought he was saquan barkley or something lol

Agree, but in Laird's defense, I doubt I was the only one seeing Laird as the RB and yelling at the TV "DON'T RUN!!" The D is expecting a run to 'give the punter room,' the OL has struggled to allow the RBs to get back to the LOS, and the OC puts a small RB in the game. Not absolving Laird, but that was a 'what were you thinking' moment for the OC.

Nah you got to get north south and run that up inside. If you do there is no safety.

He’s another jag type. Fringe 53 guy who gets production due to snap count more than anything else.

nice story. Now upgrade

Reactions: A1.
This is a FAN MESSENGE BOARD, not a super secret chat channel for the 32 NFL GMs.

We can only speak with our opinions.

That's true, but when fans make statements, something like, "If the FO drafts that guy, I'll stop following the team" it's clear to me that they think their threat to quit being a fan will have some effect on management.

These kinds of opinions are presented as statements, like "if they don't draft Tua this board will explode" is among other things, totally erroneous. There is enough diversity on this board that to say it is unified about anything is about the most ego centric hyperbole there can be. Saying it's just an opinion doesn't make that kind of statement any less false, and that is not an opinion, that is a fact!

I don't doubt that some genius well try and counter with, yea but we are all Dolphins fans. If that were true, why is there so much complaining about trolls.

I realize that if those folks most butt hurt about my response might respond with a lot of "opinions" about all these statements being "opinions". This will be like following politics on the news. Nothing about the team itself, just a lot of ego massaging. Well, good luck with that!

and you trust Grier with all those picks???

The reality is that Grier will be in charge of our draft. Your "trust" in his picks is less then meaningless.

How much weight he gives to the coaches and the scouting department in regards to his decisions are much more meaningful questions. How effective the scouting department turns out to be is his responsibility. It will be interesting to watch what changes, if any, he makes in that department over the next two years.

I find the presumptuousness on this forum concerning how our opinions influence the Front Office even more aggravating then when the Front Office makes ineffective choices (draftees who last less then 3 or 4 years on our team).

I'm glad to give my opinion on how the Dolphins are doing or to improve the team, but I am equally aware that Front Office doesn't take interest in any of those opinions.

That's true, but when fans make statements, something like, "If the FO drafts that guy, I'll stop following the team" it's clear to me that they think their threat to quit being a fan will have some effect on management.

These kinds of opinions are presented as statements, like "if they don't draft Tua this board will explode" is among other things, totally erroneous. There is enough diversity on this board that to say it is unified about anything is about the most ego centric hyperbole there can be. Saying it's just an opinion doesn't make that kind of statement any less false, and that is not an opinion, that is a fact!

I don't doubt that some genius well try and counter with, yea but we are all Dolphins fans. If that were true, why is there so much complaining about trolls.

I realize that if those folks most butt hurt about my response might respond with a lot of "opinions" about all these statements being "opinions". This will be like following politics on the news. Nothing about the team itself, just a lot of ego massaging. Well, good luck with that!

You take to many things on this board, literally. That's a YOU thing. Again, with a "diverse" board, it will be opinion based. Making your 2 cents worth just as much as anyone else's, no matter how you try to shape the debate.

You take to many things on this board, literally. That's a YOU thing. Again, with a "diverse" board, it will be opinion based. Making your 2 cents worth just as much as anyone else's, no matter how you try to shape the debate.

Words meanings are important.

I doubt many of our posters have looked in a dictionary in a long time. This lack of knowledge of the meaning of words just adds to confusion and long debates while posters involved in those long, tedious debates are probably talking "past each other" as opposed to clarifying their positions. It's a shame.

Back
Top Bottom