[possibility] Teddy Bridgewater To Fins (as Backup)? Update: Bridgewater To Saints For A 3rd | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[possibility] Teddy Bridgewater To Fins (as Backup)? Update: Bridgewater To Saints For A 3rd

Dolfan Dave

Active Roster
Reaction score
Have a few buddies who work on agent side of the game and apparently Dolphins are one of the more interested teams in Bridgewater. Jets looking to see what they can get for him. Not sure if the interdivision trade goes down but I wouldn't be opposed to this move.

It would be pretty Dolphins to pass him up in FA only to give up a high (I'm assuming like a 2nd or 3rd) pick a few months later when seemingly nothing has changed.

I'd still be cool with it. A backup plan is better than none at all.

It would be pretty Dolphins to pass him up in FA only to give up a high (I'm assuming like a 2nd or 3rd) pick a few months later when seemingly nothing has changed.

Who needs a freaking backup plan? At QB?? What could go wrong???

J E T sssssssssss?

2fins?

Doubleyou H Why?

>>> offer conditional 5th round nose pick <<<

Doubt they trade for him. Jets wont get much for a guy thats been hurt 2 years and had a good pre season. There better off keeping him. QBs get hurt all the time in this era. Im open to sign him next year and have a legit QB competition.

if we make playoff this yr. there is no need bring Ted in Miami next yr...if we don't make playoff. I would bring him in or draft qb next yr.

[Insert picture of Jay Cutler not caring ... i.e. any picture of Jay Cutler]

image.jpg

Unless Miami ended up giving up a 6th round pick or less ( I know Jets want more), I would not do it if Miami feels comfortable with Ryan's health.

1, No matter what, Teddy will not be starting, so anything more then a 6th, is very expensive for a backup that will not be here that long if kept as backup.

2. Teddy has health issues as well that though may never really be an issue, there will always be that chance of him going down with one big hit.

3. I absolutely do not want to give the Jets a high draft pick, where they might get lucky and land themselves a quality player,

4. The Dolphins powers that be (Especially Gase) have made up their minds who the starter will be this year, Teddy will not be happy, could start problems in locker-room if some players think Tannehill is not back 100%.

Yeah. Honestly, I just don't see it happening. Some of us are optimistic about Tannehill, others are skeptical, but regardless of what we think of him, Gase has placed all of his chips down on Tanny by not only not signing a high profile free agent qb or drafting a blue chip qb prospect in the early rounds of this year's draft to challenge Ryan... we didn't even draft a project qb in the later rounds. That says it all IMO. Gase is saying that he feels comfortable with Tannehill as his guy and just like BobDole says in his reply: nothing has changed drastically since this past March that indicates we would pursue a trade for Teddy now when we wouldn't sign him as a FA then. Nothing against Bridgewater as he is a talented (still relatively young) qb, but Gase seems to be content with Tannehill as his guy.

Back
Top Bottom