[possibility] Teddy Bridgewater To Fins (as Backup)? Update: Bridgewater To Saints For A 3rd | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[possibility] Teddy Bridgewater To Fins (as Backup)? Update: Bridgewater To Saints For A 3rd

so we're going to trade a draft pick to a team within our own division for a backup qb on a one year deal coming off a major knee injury who we could've just scooped in FA because we're concerned about our quarterback's health after coming off a knee injury

makes sense

I doubt this is true. He was out there as a free agent for anybody to sign, and we had zero reported interest.

It would dramatically improve our QB situation as well as provide quality insurance in case RT gets hurt again. TB looks good. I watched him and man is he a matador in the pocket, a free blitzing LB came flying in clean right at TB, TB sidestepped him and fired a strike downfield for a 20 yard completion. That instinct and quickness can't be taught, you either got it or your not!! Old Mel Brooks joke! TB has still got it, I'd overpay a little to get him. Fales and BO are both not good enough. I think TB is a very good fit for our style offense. This guy can still be an elite QB, I'm amazed he's 3rd string for the stinking Jets. Darnold is their future and they have a bunch of cap tied up in Josh McNown so keeping Teddy makes no sense, he's only 25 and has his whole NFL career ahead of him. The AFC East teams all hate each other so this likely won't happen.

Doubt they trade for him. Jets wont get much for a guy thats been hurt 2 years and had a good pre season. There better off keeping him. QBs get hurt all the time in this era. Im open to sign him next year and have a legit QB competition.
there's not going to be any competition next year and here's why. That restructured the team did with Tannehill makes it almost impossible to get rid of him or to bench him. If we cut him next year it's a 13mill+ hit on dead money which is hard to take when we're already on the hook for dead money from Suh. If you keep Tannehill he'll be making almost 27mill so benching him and paying him that much would be crazy. The FO made a big mistake to make that deal when they didn't have to.

BTW, we're on the hook for 13mill on dead money for Suh so adding 13mill if we cut Tannehill would be over 26mill on two players not on the team. Only the Dolphins man.

One year 6 mil deal, so first off no team is trading for him unless they can extend that contract.

Second, hard to agree to extend a player you haven’t even seen play in the regular season (cough TJ McDonald).

If he is cut that’s different- no way I would trade for him.

One year 6 mil deal, so first off no team is trading for him unless they can extend that contract.

Second, hard to agree to extend a player you haven’t even seen play in the regular season (cough TJ McDonald).

If he is cut that’s different- no way I would trade for him.
Would you agree that our FO cut their options at QB by doing that deal with Tannehill?

Would you agree that our FO cut their options at QB by doing that deal with Tannehill?

I would agree that they cut their options on giving out a big FA. QB contract yes. The draft is/was the only viable option.

Colts turned down a 2nd from Seattle for Jacoby Brissett, gotta think the price tag will be in that neighborhood at least

Colts turned down a 2nd from Seattle for Jacoby Brissett, gotta think the price tag will be in that neighborhood at least
No way we should spend a 2nd on a guy at this point that they don't want to play at all. I'm telling you, this FO/HC are all in with Tannehill and they left themselves any other options. Cap wise, they went all in for Tannehill which was a big mistake and I'm a Tannehill supporter but they should have know that Tannehill getting hurt again or not playing good enough to win is possible and yet they put all of their eggs in one basket.

Back
Top Bottom