[possibility] Teddy Bridgewater To Fins (as Backup)? Update: Bridgewater To Saints For A 3rd | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[possibility] Teddy Bridgewater To Fins (as Backup)? Update: Bridgewater To Saints For A 3rd

What makes any of you think he would sign with is in free agency. The guy what’s to be a starter, not a backup. He signed a one year deal to showcase himself. So he can try to cash in next year.

not only that but since we didn't draft a QB then we waste a good chance to play the rookie and start getting him ready for the future or at least see if such rookie would have a future. I've said before I like Tannehill but I'm very upset they put all their eggs in one basket for a QB that has never even played in a playoff game and is coming back from major surgery. This FO sucks big time imo.
Exactly, and it annoys me that Gase seems ok with it, he should be pissed off he has garbage to work with.

What makes any of you think he would sign with is in free agency. The guy what’s to be a starter, not a backup. He signed a one year deal to showcase himself. So he can try to cash in next year.
Well he looks like a back up in NY for 500k
He would absolutely give Tannehill a run for his money as starter here if given an opportunity and is healthy.

It would be pretty Dolphins to pass him up in FA only to give up a high (I'm assuming like a 2nd or 3rd) pick a few months later when seemingly nothing has changed.

I'd still be cool with it. A backup plan is better than none at all.

The Dolphins didn’t pass him up. Bridgewater chose the Jets. He went to the Jets to compete for a starting job and get his career back on track after that brutal knee injury. There was no starting job for him here, so he didn’t come.

The Dolphins didn’t pass him up. Bridgewater chose the Jets. He went to the Jets to compete for a starting job and get his career back on track after that brutal knee injury. There was no starting job for him here, so he didn’t come.
Did we even sniff him? I don't remember us having him in at all.

A team destined to draft a QB high or one whose QB had missed the last season and a half ... I'm gonna go with he went to the highest bidder.

If RT goes down in the preseason somehow then you might try this trade as it would make sense. That woul RT out of football like 2 1/2 years making a good comeback by RT next year hard for RT to pull off. In the meanwhile just kick the tires on this deal.

He would absolutely give Tannehill a run for his money as starter here if given an opportunity and is healthy.

500k where did you get that from. I’ve heard he got 5 or 6 million. And he has a lot better chance starting there. The only way he see the field here, is if Ryan gets hurt again. Or if the slight chance we blow someone out.

Yup unless the Jets release him our back up quarterback for the season is already on the roster. However, should Tannehill get hurt and miss significant time before week 9 I would not be surprised if we started sniffing around again.

500k where did you get that from. I’ve heard he got 5 or 6 million. And he has a lot better chance starting there. The only way he see the field here, is if Ryan gets hurt again. Or if the slight chance we blow someone out.
Google is your friend. Check out the USA Today article it says 500,000 is guaranteed. There are incentives where he can make up to 15 mil

In a heartbeat. Would be the most sensible thing Miami has done at the QB position since Ross took over ownership.

But hey it's only the QB position. How important is that position really when we have a proven top 30 QB on our roster?

Your takes on quarterback have been laughably bad for a while

Google is your friend. Check out the USA Today article it says 500,000 is guaranteed. There are incentives where he can make up to 15 mil

You said he made 500k yes that’s guaranteed. 5 million for the year plus the 500 k plus a 500 k work out bonus it 6 million for the year. And why would I go use google when I have over the cap saved in my favorites.

Sam Bradford was traded for on a 1 year contract for a 1st round pick. I’d do it for tanny insurance for a 3rd rounder no problem.

Can’t have the season end if Tanny goes down and status quo it does.

You said he made 500k yes that’s guaranteed. 5 million for the year plus the 500 k plus a 500 k work out bonus it 6 million for the year. And why would I go use google when I have over the cap saved in my favorites.
@Gsmack_42 Your numbers are correct. If we would trade for him we have to take his contract unless we renegotiate a long term deal with him.
If the Jets release him they are on the hook for $1 Mill (guaranteed). Steep price to pay for just pre-season.

Back
Top Bottom