[possibility] Teddy Bridgewater To Fins (as Backup)? Update: Bridgewater To Saints For A 3rd | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[possibility] Teddy Bridgewater To Fins (as Backup)? Update: Bridgewater To Saints For A 3rd

Unless they feel we are a Super Bowl team I wouldn't do this. Why give something up for a backup QB to save a season that will likely not need to be saved? I don't think Gase thinks like that though and probably thinks we are a Super Bowl team unless Tanny gets hurt in which case we would not have a prayer. I would just sign a vet or keep Fales. We all agree this team isn't winning the Super Bowl so why overspend on a backup QB.

If it happens I hope Finheaven starts a "Start Bridgewater" forum and immediately moves all related threads there so those who don't want to talk about playing the backup QB can avoid that forum. I think a thread will be cropping up over every incompletion, interception or 3 and out by Ryan. I don't know if we'll ever be able to fine more useful threads to read.

unless the Jets want to make sure they have a losing season, it’s better to bring along Darnold slow this and next year (if Teddy keeps playing this way). Either that or they are showcasing him for a big trade. No one will give the picks it will take to get this guy unless their franchise QB goes down. This is Bowels dream situation to bring along his rookie QB while TB keeps them competitive. Bowels is smart, unless it’s a high and mid round pick there is no reason to give up this security blanket for a mid rounder.

My understanding is that the Jets currently value Bridgewater as a starting QB and no team has been willing to give up the compensation necessary since there have been no major QB injuries. I just don't see the Dolphins as a landing spot for Teddy this year, next offseason is a different story.

I'd never trade anything remotely worthwhile picks wise for a backup qb that will only lead to something like a 6-10 record. If Tanne goes down, just settle for the high draft pick which would need to be Tanne's replacement.

I just don't see Gase doing this unless it is for a 5th or 6th round pick. Teddy has not had extensive work against a first team defense yet. All of his stats are against garbage players. I also wonder about that knee which even scared the crap out of his doctor. Last thing, he is on a one year deal.

A quarterback guru like Gase should be able to get a decent backup prepared from a free agent diamond in the rough type guy. Just need a decent arm, quick release, a brain and the right coach can make you a serviceable guy in the right system.

In a heartbeat. Would be the most sensible thing Miami has done at the QB position since Ross took over ownership.

But hey it's only the QB position. How important is that position really when we have a proven top 30 QB on our roster?

He’s a good qb and he’s the best one on the Jets roster but he’s not a superstar elite qb either.

Numbers are practically identical to the qb some of you guys hate.

Is what it is.

It would be a really Dolphins thing to do to trade a high draft pick for a good but probably not great QB on a 1 year deal in a year where the rest of our roster is maybe a fringe playoff team if we're lucky and everything goes right and we get great QB play.

As a backup? Lol Tannehill’s never faced real competition.

Teddy is 25.

Tannehill is 30, but he did say he feels 25 so there’s that. Maybe they’re equivalent?

Have a few buddies who work on agent side of the game and apparently Dolphins are one of the more interested teams in Bridgewater. Jets looking to see what they can get for him. Not sure if the interdivision trade goes down but I wouldn't be opposed to this move.

I suspect everyone here would love to have Teddy . . . for the right price. But, just like Landry, that price is all over the map. To me, I have serious doubts NYJs would trade him to a division rival and I suspect there are other teams who would offer more. OTOH, anyone concerned about Tannehill's knee can't be advocating Teddy as backup.

My point is we fudged up by not getting him for a song when the Jets did. We had crap on the roster but didn't act. Now our 1 goes down and we mail in the season...again. management here blows, hard.

My point is we fudged up by not getting him for a song when the Jets did. We had crap on the roster but didn't act. Now our 1 goes down and we mail in the season...again. management here blows, hard.
not only that but since we didn't draft a QB then we waste a good chance to play the rookie and start getting him ready for the future or at least see if such rookie would have a future. I've said before I like Tannehill but I'm very upset they put all their eggs in one basket for a QB that has never even played in a playoff game and is coming back from major surgery. This FO sucks big time imo.

Back
Top Bottom