[possibility] Teddy Bridgewater To Fins (as Backup)? Update: Bridgewater To Saints For A 3rd | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[possibility] Teddy Bridgewater To Fins (as Backup)? Update: Bridgewater To Saints For A 3rd

If he's healthy Jets won't lose on the deal in my opinion, it's money in the bank for them. No way he gets cut

As I have said about the 2019 draft and free agency, a number of teams either have one of the few elite qbs, have recently invested heavy in a free agency qb or have drafted one in the past two or three years in the 1st round..

Bills, Patriots, Browns, Steelers, Ravens, Titans, Texans, Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders are likely not looking at paying much for another qb, and the Colts (Luck), Jags (Bortles) and Broncos (Keenum) are in place with the other three teams. The NFC is just is in similar situation. Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Bears, Lions, Packers Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Bucs, Rams, Seahawks, Cardinals and 49ers are really not in a big rush to spend much on another qb either.

Seahawks already offered a 2nd round pick for Brissett of the colts to be a back up.

Whatever you think the value of a starting caliber qb in trade is up it.

Damn injuries suck. I remember this lad was considered to be an up and coming potential top NFL QB in a few years and now here we are talking about him being a back up.

I'd take a long hard look at RG3 when Baltimore cuts him

Your takes on quarterback have been laughably bad for a while
Probably going all the way back to 2011 when I was calling for Miami to draft Russell Wilson.

Laughable indeed since I haven't shared my takes on that many quarterbacks on here.

I think I will stick with the 50 execs in the business that see similar to the way I do on QBs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...gs-best-worst-quarterbacks-voted-league-execs

27. Ryan Tannehill

But hey what would these guys know, I'm sure they aren't as smart as you are.

Last edited:
there's not going to be any competition next year and here's why. That restructured the team did with Tannehill makes it almost impossible to get rid of him or to bench him. If we cut him next year it's a 13mill+ hit on dead money which is hard to take when we're already on the hook for dead money from Suh. If you keep Tannehill he'll be making almost 27mill so benching him and paying him that much would be crazy. The FO made a big mistake to make that deal when they didn't have to.
T-Bum is killing this franchise. Thought Ross was a smart guy. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it. Hope after our 4-12 season. Ross fires him.

I’m surprised that people are hyping Teddy, this is coming from a guy that loves him.

He’s not any better than the qb we have now. He’s had a gruesome knee injury (although that looks healed, he’s balling)

Stop it.

I wanted us to draft Teddy when he fell. Think that was the year we took James? Teddy had a terrible pro day when he tried out without wearing his glove. Teams got spooked and he fell. I wanted us to take him as the best value pick at our position.

Regardless of the Tannehill situation/contract, I don't think you can pass on as good a prospect as Teddy when he falls.

Now that he's available for s mid round pick I wouldn't hesitate. He looked pretty good up withthe Vikes, despite it not being a great offense and him being a warm-weather QB moreso than one to thrive in the Arctic conditions of Minny.

The injury was bad but I don't see why it should affect him long term. He's a great value signing and we should be all over it. I'd be amazed though if the Jets traded a guy who is looking good in preseason to a hated division rival. Fans would crucify the FO.

This is by no means a silly suggestion. We definitely would have interest, and with Parker here, I'm sure Bridgewater would have interest in us. But, its simply not going to happen.

The current estimation is that the Jets can possibly get as high as a 2nd round pick for Bridgewater, because he's showing healthy and good. If they gamble and wait until the season begins and someone loses their QB and needs one, they'll almost certainly get a 2nd, and maybe as much as a 1st rounder. That sort of compensation is dramatically more than could ever be worthwhile for Miami … even before considering a premium the Jets would require to trade a QB within the division.

So alas … it's not happening. And if he gets cut (doubtful), he'll demand a starting spot and premium money … again, we will not be in the conversation.

I think the jets may waive him. They will save cash that way. Fins will wait and then sign him off waivers.

Definitely have to bring in a backup QB somehow.

I think if you combine Fales, Osweiler, and Petty.... You wouldn't even get a capable third stringer in the outcome. Awful QBs.

A team destined to draft a QB high or one whose QB had missed the last season and a half ... I'm gonna go with he went to the highest bidder.

Where else could he have gone to have gotten an opportunity to start?

Where else could he have gone to have gotten an opportunity to start?

Quite a few teams had ? at QB before the draft. Some still do. I don't know which teams liked him for their system enough to sign off on the knee any more than you know he chose the Jets over other possibly interested teams. Only certainties are in the form of $$$.

Back
Top Bottom