Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback

Skylar Thompson for backup QB and developmental replacement QB.
Someone else for the practice squad QB.
No. We got lucky with Skylar. He’s not ready to be the go to behind Tua who is seeming to miss 3 to 4 games per year. Let him be third string and go get Minshew, Foles, or Baker as backup.

I have serious doubts that would work out to begin with, as both are over the hill, arrogant asshats, but out of curiosity, can you explain the cap mechanics that would allow such a move? If not, then it is just pie in the sky mental masturbation.
but da cap ain’t real !!

The more I think about it I want Mayfield. I think he's been humbled and is hungry to write a new chapter in his career. Also Mayfield will play through injury he's tough as nails.

but da cap ain’t real !!
Those who say that either do not understand it, or at best only on a very superficial level. Obviously, there are ways to manipulate it in the short term, but eventually there is a relevant price to pay for doing so.

There is the mindset that says screw the future for a legit shot at a Championship. I can appreciate the thought process, even though I disagree with it being a solid premise.

The more I think about it I want Mayfield. I think he's been humbled and is hungry to write a new chapter in his career. Also Mayfield will play through injury he's tough as nails.
Not the worst idea. What would you be willing to pay?

Jeez you guys don’t get it do you, our back up is obviously going to be Colin Kaepernick
He’s extremely talented, modest, quiet, a team player, unobtrusive until called upon, the best in the league for handling a two minute drill when 20 points up (no one is better at taking the knee),
Roger Goodell would wet his undies.
Ross could tell everyone how great he is
FH posters can call for Grier to be sacked (no great changes there)

What’s not to like?

Got to draft someone. Can't pretend another Bridgewater type is going to save the day. Too expensive and not good. Actually good gets starting jobs.

Skylar Thompson for backup QB and developmental replacement QB.
Someone else for the practice squad QB.
That's what I would do. ST showed development during his rookie season and proved he could be a viable back in the playoff game. Another camp and second year in the system and there should be another jump in development.

Considering this player might start a playoff game, this is a crucial piece to our offseason

I could see Mayfield doing something with these offensive weapons. As long as it's drilled in his head to take care of the ball. I'd take any BU with that doesn't have a losing record. Sam Darnold or Washington’s Taylor Heinicke. He could return as a backup with the Commanders or be given another chance to start. If not, he’s worth considering. He went 5-3-1 with 12 touchdowns, six interceptions and an 89.6 passer rating this past season. He’s 12-12-1 with 34 touchdowns and 24 interceptions in his career as a starter.

I would think that he'd want to stay in LA. I don't think Stafford will play much longer.

Back
Top Bottom