Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback

He played in 7 games and threw 1 TD... just 1 and had a rating of 62.

If were serious about being contenders we need someone better.
Did you see the line about... Rookies usually getting better-- especially with actual reps?

Yeah this makes no sense since we need a rock star RIGHT TACKLE since TUA throws with which hand?!?! We wasted money on another injury prone player in a left tackle which is not TUA’s blind side. Great he was an OL leader in the locker room. Have to be on the field for that kind of money knowing injury history.

Not sure what you are on about,this was in response to the poster saying that other teams don't ever expect the backup qbs to play, which is ridiculous. Any QB regardless of history can go down at any time. Team don't spend millions on backup QBs because they hold a clipboard well.

He played in 7 games and threw 1 TD... just 1 and had a rating of 62.

If were serious about being contenders we need someone better.
Disagree Brother Rico, it’s a matter of resources and where best to use them. And Skyler showed he could stand up to the pressure of the moment.

Would I like Minshew? Sure, but doubtful we can afford him.

I’m comfortable going with Skyler as QB2 and believe he will be improved. I prefer using our limited resources on areas like: CB/LB/OL/RB/TE

Disagree Brother Rico, it’s a matter of resources and where best to use them. And Skyler showed he could stand up to the pressure of the moment.

Would I like Minshew? Sure, but doubtful we can afford him.

I’m comfortable going with Skyler as QB2 and believe he will be improved. I prefer using our limited resources on areas like: CB/LB/OL/RB/TE
It's a gamble for sure, but I agree. Let's keep Skylar for QB2 and fill some other holes on the team. He will have another off season, training camp and preseason to get better. And he will be much cheaper than any FA out there.

Yeah, we should replace the NFL leader in QB rating. Genius strategy.
QB rating is great when you're playing the game, but Tua has missed at 6 games due to concussion, it would be a great number 2, bring Brady or AAron Rodgers to run this offense for a year.

QB rating is great when you're playing the game, but Tua has missed at 6 games due to concussion, it would be a great number 2, bring Brady or AAron Rodgers to run this offense for a year.
I have serious doubts that would work out to begin with, as both are over the hill, arrogant asshats, but out of curiosity, can you explain the cap mechanics that would allow such a move? If not, then it is just pie in the sky mental masturbation.

Did you watch either this year?

There’s a few quarterbacks hitting free agency this year that we could consider. I wouldn’t mind us bringing in Andy Dalton to back up Tua, he’s played fairly well this year and has taken backup QB roles the last three seasons.

There’s other younger options like Mayfield, Darnold, Minshew, and Heinicke. The only question with those guys is do they want to join teams where they have a chance to win the starting job? If they are happy to come in and play second fiddle, then they could be options.

Looking closer at the list, we could always bring back Chad Henne!
I'm not too high on Darnold, due to his lack of production in NY.

Back
Top Bottom