Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback

I want a backup with a higher ceiling than Skylar. There are so many free agent QBs this year. Go get one with a good arm. If Tua is out I want a guy that can at least throw it deep to Hill and Waddle.

A bunch of guys are available like Geno, Dalton, Minshew, and Brissett. I keep going back to Drew Lock. That kid has a big arm. He threw a very nice deep ball at Missouri. His ceiling is so much higher than Skylar.
100%. we are in win-now, can't afford to lose every game with Tua out.

I think we need to save the 8-10 mill it will take to sign one of these hi priced backups and go with Skylar and keep developing him in the system, if Tua keeps getting hurt next year all bets are off anywaysky in ready

That seems a bit extreme. Given our other needs, I seriously doubt we spend our highest pick on a potential backup QB that almost assuredly would need development to some extent, when immediate contributors are needed and available.

I have no issue with taking a shot on a mid round QB in theory, but it doesn't make sense to me this year, given the circumstances. Aside from that, even top QB prospects are somewhat of a crap shoot. Second tier guys even
anybody we pick will need development to some extent, we pick 52 so there chance starting will be same as drafting qb...

Be real we got luck last yr and played jets at end off year to make playoff.... some people on here say keep Sky as backup...dolphins must be real w there qb issue.. I dont care if Tua come back but they need good number 2 as well.. I do not want blow 2023 season because Tua is hurt.... every fan should have concern about Tua...

Be real we got luck last yr and played jets at end off year to make playoff.... some people on here say keep Sky as backup...dolphins must be real w there qb issue.. I dont care if Tua come back but they need good number 2 as well.. I do not want blow 2023 season because Tua is hurt.... every fan should have concern about Tua...
Your right about the Jets game.

And Skylar should be the #3 QB, hes not a "quality" backup, hes a good emergency QB. But most likley it doesn't matter who the backup is.

The fact we have 18 pages about who should be the backup is..... quite frankly ridiculous. If your QB1 goes down, historically speaking your season is usually over (Foles is the exception)

Tua gets one more year to try to break the trend and stay healthy.

I'm very curious if we pick up Tuas 5th year option. That has to happen before next season. I have a theory that if we don't pick it up, Tua will finally stay healthy and lead us into the playoffs. If we do pick it up he will get hurt again. It's just our luck around here.

Backup qb is a waste of cap, the foles eagles Sb was a once in a lifetime..
Spend it in other positions, look for undrafted qbs or trade in the first 8 weeks of 2024 if tua gets hurt.

The last 6 backup quarterbacks to start a Super Bowl all won.

Backup QB is a very important position, especially in our case where we will need him to fill in to win some games. It's up to McD to find that guy and I could care less how much we pay. We pissed 10m/yr for Cutler and around 5-6 for Teddy and both were garbage. We have to have a quality 2 that fits our system so we don't have to deviate or dumb it down. Losers don't do this, winners do.

If Tua isn't going to be our QB in the future (because he can't stay healthy), then I want to finish with the worst possible record. Then we have a chance to draft someone who can be. I don't need to spend an extra 10 million on a backup QB to insure we are picking 16th in the draft.

Many, many, many pages. I still want Andy Dalton if available. (Don’t have the energy to scroll and see if he’s still around.)

If Tua isn't going to be our QB in the future (because he can't stay healthy), then I want to finish with the worst possible record. Then we have a chance to draft someone who can be. I don't need to spend an extra 10 million on a backup QB to insure we are picking 16th in the draft.
No way we tank next year. It might be the right thing to do in the long run but we've spent too much money and draft capitol on this roster to tank.

I disagree, I believe you allow him one more chance..

I mean you can bring someone in for like 3 mill but that’s as far as I would go

Back
Top Bottom