Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback

How about looking for a starting QB. The only franchise base where we expect second and third strings to make appearance and contribute lol pathetic!!!!
I smell hyperbole.

aiming stan marsh GIF by South Park

We will probably end up with Gino Smith who is a free agent now 30 touchdowns and only 11 interceptions this year. I think he would be a great backup for us or who knows he might beat Tua out.

Last edited:
I would stick with Bridgewater. He has a very good lifetime YPA and a winning QB record. That combo is very rare for a relatively young quarterback who won't command a massive salary.

I don't give a flip that Bridgewater didn't pass the rah rah test from the bench. If you rely on subjectivity and the eyeball test you'll end up with some joke who has a 33% lifetime record. Then you start him...and wonder why the scoreboard didn't cooperate.

We will probably end up with Gino Smith who is a free agent now 30 touchdowns and only 11 interceptions this year. I think he would be a great backup for us or who knows he might beat Tua out.
Grier will not bring in Geno.. the dolphins are scare too do that.. when Tua get hurt. he will not get his job back..

Was Bridgewater a Grier choice or was he McD’s choice?
It was probably Grier’s

With that being said I want McD to choose his backup for next season. Absolutely!
We saw what became of Tua under the tutelage of McD. It is clear that McD is a fantastic QBs coach and it was a beautiful thing to see the relationship he built with Tua. Especially after the Flores debacle.
McD knows what tools he needs in a QB to run his offense so it needs to be his pick

With that being said I’d be very intrigued to bring in Taylor Hienicke. This guy works very well within the pocket and there is no panic in his play. He’s certainly not afraid to go after the big play. I’d like to see if McD can harness his talent with our offensive pieces
Bridgewater was a Grier choice. He’s had a hard-on for him since he was drafted.

Tua won’t play a full season next year. Only 25% of NFL QBs play full seasons at this point and it most likely will get worse moving forward. Sadly things have changed.

Yeah, for some reason the belief here, among some, is an injury to the starting QB is unique to Miami. It's not.

Out of that 25%, it includes Herbert and Allen.

Just because they played through injury doesn't make them any less injured.

It's clear Allen has been different since his shoulder injury.

Herbert was effected by his rib injury.

Both guys could have used a couple games off.

The only difference is both teams defenses made up for poor or average QB play so their poor play didn't effect the outcome.

Miami doesn't have Ekeler and or one of the leagues best defense to handicap the backup.

With that said, it's not worth spending 7 8, 9 million on a backup QB, when that money could be better used for O line depth or secondary depth.

I'm rolling with Skylar as the backup.

A full offseason. Use the Shula method. Ensure he gets first team reps.

He'll be good to go for a few games.

When your team can't win a game with the backup QB, the answer is not to get a more expensive backup.

There's a bigger issue then the backup QB

Leader in concussions and incomplete seasons due to injury as well .
Sheesh, some people criticize Tua and are unjustly called haters. However you embody that label. He must’ve done something very personal to you that you just can’t get over. Either that or 8 Chan is missing a poster.

Back
Top Bottom