Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback

No its on Grier. Teddy is soft and always has been, plus injury prone bigtime. You dont sign a soft injury prone guy to back up the same.
You’re wrong. We tried to sign Teddy over Fitzpatrick in year one of the rebuild. Teddy is a former pro bowler. He almost lost his leg to an injury in practice. Who are you calling soft? Lol

no he doesn't, the Bucs just arent the same. Giovani Bernard got put on IR. They don't have a reliable pass catching TE like Gronk, or we do with Gesicki. And their defense isn't what it used to be. They just aren't good, that's not on brady. His throws are still there.

Brady with Hill and Waddle and Gesicki and McDaniel....would light the league on fire.
Yeah off the Brady thing tbh. We missed boat with flores. He comes here on a large deal, there no upgraded line and no gesicki. Not alot to do when you need to find 40 to 50 million

Yeah off the Brady thing tbh. We missed boat with flores. He comes here on a large deal, there no upgraded line and no gesicki. Not alot to do when you need to find 40 to 50 million
Bernard made a play in the game tonight on special teams

Hindsight is 20/20. We signed Brissett for $5 million and I thought he was a decent backup when we signed him. We signed Teddy for $6 million and I was of the opinion that he was one of the better backup qbs in the league. I was wrong but I know I’m not alone. Who’s to say the next backup doesn’t wet the bed in Miami? That’s not on Grier. That’s on the player
Man Bridgewater was so bad… It’s unfathomable

Didn’t he bail on the Falcons a few weeks ago when he lost his starting job?

Give me Andy Dalton.
Nope he didn’t bail he was injured and I think his wife was about to have a baby… Falcons made it look way worse than it actually was and yeah the Falcons are pretty dysfunctional - Mariota is intriguing… I’m sure he wants out of that **** hole.

QB1 Tua
QB2 Skylar

Skylar deserves to take the no. 2 spot, then hell have another year under his belt if the need to replace Tua if he gets injured.

If the staff is confident on the long term health of Tua, sign him to a 4 yr contract 120 million ,and bring in Tom Brady for 1 yr. let Tua recover and learn from Brady, if Brady is too old Tua plays . If not Tua can learn how to use our offense and weapons to their full potential. Brady does not care about the money, but he would love to stick it to the Pats ,plus he is great at attracting the fill in players needed to win a championship. He gets to stay in Florida We could have the goat all-time QB and the highest rated qb this past season both on your roster. We offer Brady one of his best options to go out a super bowl winners needing a qb
Brady washed

Ross and Beal already paid a fortune for that fantasy… A number one draft pick and a shitload of cash just for talking to those 2 devils. Ain’t gonna happen… The Wicked Witch of the East is Dead. No goofy red boots around here. Wishing for Brady is worse than wishing for the Bills to win the Super Bowl.

There’s a few quarterbacks hitting free agency this year that we could consider. I wouldn’t mind us bringing in Andy Dalton to back up Tua, he’s played fairly well this year and has taken backup QB roles the last three seasons.

There’s other younger options like Mayfield, Darnold, Minshew, and Heinicke. The only question with those guys is do they want to join teams where they have a chance to win the starting job? If they are happy to come in and play second fiddle, then they could be options.

Looking closer at the list, we could always bring back Chad Henne!

Back
Top Bottom