Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback

The next full season Tua plays will be his first. What makes you think next year will be any different?
Tua won’t play a full season next year. Only 25% of NFL QBs play full seasons at this point and it most likely will get worse moving forward. Sadly things have changed.

Because the best starting QB that we can get that won’t miss any games and is remotely on par with a healthy Tua is non existent.

It comes down to what people think is best for the team. 13 games with a top 5 QB and 4 with a backup. Or 17 games with an average QB.
I disagree

Top 5 draft pick, actually played good. He’s married to Mike as is Grier. Enjoy complaining all year again. I’m rooting for the best
no shot. Ross will finally be able to sign Brady, as he is a free agent this March.

And as the Dolphins have the BEST WR corps in the NFL.... Brady must be strongly considering it

Out of those three options, I’d probably lean Taylor Heinicke. He has a little ability with his legs. Also has a playoff start under his belt. He’s played fairly well with a limited set of weapons in Washington.

Otherwise, I’d prefer to draft a backup QB early. There’s upside in having two young QBs with potential on the roster. I don’t really believe that Skylar qualifies.
The TD throw to Gesicki and subsequent 2 point conversion were pinpoint throws. Lots more time playing against our 1st team defense in camp will help him advance. Heinicke is a nice player. But my theory is: if we had Brandon Jones, Byron Jones Nik Needham, Armstead, Shell, X and Mostert healthy, the Dolphins win… even with Thompson. I’ll wager he was under orders NOT to audible.

He looks mighty washed
no he doesn't, the Bucs just arent the same. Giovani Bernard got put on IR. They don't have a reliable pass catching TE like Gronk, or we do with Gesicki. And their defense isn't what it used to be. They just aren't good, that's not on brady. His throws are still there.

Brady with Hill and Waddle and Gesicki and McDaniel....would light the league on fire.

Hindsight is 20/20. We signed Brissett for $5 million and I thought he was a decent backup when we signed him. We signed Teddy for $6 million and I was of the opinion that he was one of the better backup qbs in the league. I was wrong but I know I’m not alone. Who’s to say the next backup doesn’t wet the bed in Miami? That’s not on Grier. That’s on the player
No its on Grier. Teddy is soft and always has been, plus injury prone bigtime. You dont sign a soft injury prone guy to back up the same.

Back
Top Bottom