Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible 2023 Back up Quarterback

Personally as we all know we have a starting QB that is injury prone. If Grier gets a weak backup QB again I believe he needs to be fired. I would like to see a QB on the level of Gardner Minshew, Sam Darnold or Taylor Hienicke as our back up. Skylar is not ready. With the weapons we have we need a good backup. Who do you guys think is a reasonable possibility for us next year? Who would you prefer that won't be going somewhere as a starter?

So, you’re basing your whole opinion whether Grier get fired on whether or not he brings in a backup QB who could be considered a starter in this league?
Ok

I think you're using the wrong terminology. Most teams have a starting QB, a back-up QB, and possibly a 3rd string QB. Miami is different because Tua always misses games. So, Miami needs Co-starting QB #1 (Tua?), Co-starting QB #2 (?), and maybe keep Thompson as the 3rd string back-up.

I think you're using the wrong terminology. Most teams have a starting QB, a back-up QB, and possibly a 3rd string QB. Miami is different because Tua always misses games. So, Miami needs Co-starting QB #1 (Tua?), Co-starting QB #2 (?), and maybe keep Thompson as the 3rd string back-up.
Sign a good Co-starting QB #2 and have a good running game and the Dolphins will be ok. Just ask Dak Prescott about the perception of being injury prone.

No one finds this topic ridiculous? You all want us to get the best back up because you anticipate tua missing multiple games. How about get the best starting qb we can and eliminate the issue of our qb missing games

No one finds this topic ridiculous? You all want us to get the best back up because you anticipate tua missing multiple games. How about get the best starting qb we can and eliminate the issue of our qb missing games
Our fan base has been conditioned to think like this. We haven't won anything in many many decades. Would you hire a Nanny, Maid, Gardner or pool cleaner knowing that they are going to call in sick several times Throughout the year and instead of looking for a solid one would you look for their temporary replacements knowing that they will continue to call in sick??? I don't think so, what's going on here? Be more demanding and strive for better!

The point is to hope TUA plays 17 games without getting hurt. Injuries happen, when’s the last time Miami had a 1 qb starter season.. ???

Because the best starting QB that we can get that won’t miss any games and is remotely on par with a healthy Tua is non existent.

It comes down to what people think is best for the team. 13 games with a top 5 QB and 4 with a backup. Or 17 games with an average QB.

Because the best starting QB that we can get that won’t miss any games and is remotely on par with a healthy Tua is non existent.

It comes down to what people think is best for the team. 13 games with a top 5 QB and 4 with a backup. Or 17 games with an average QB.
Ok. Well what did 13 games with a "top 5" qb get us? I think a Derek Carr or Tom Brady for 17 games is a better option

Back
Top Bottom