Possible division realignment | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible division realignment

Chargers need to go back to San Diego where they belong. Kick out the Spanos family, get new ownership so the city will take them back.
I cannot agree more with this post. The Spanos family need to go. They bitched about the Stadium, wanted one for free and now they can't even fill a 30,000-seat soccer stadium.

Like?
If one 1pm game is Patriots vs Bills or Dolphins vs Jets or Packers vs Bear and the other is Browns vs Atlanta I'll give you a bet that most people would tune to one of the rivalry games rather than the snoozer Browns vs Atlanta. Unless the Browns vs Atlanta are both undefeated any rivalry game will win out. Period.

You are a casual football fan so you do not care about rivalry games. I understand that. But reality is that that if you give people a a choice between Packers vs Bears and Jacksonville vs Detroit (if all records are equal) for a Monday Night game they will pick the Packers vs Bears game - hands down. Even you as a casual football fan.

Lol at calling me a casual fan and then using some stupid logic. Yes the packers draw viewers regardless of who they are playing. Tell me would viewers rather watch the Browns-bengals rivalry or the Patriots-packers non rivalry.

Get a clue.

I could not possibly disagree more with this.

The probable reason it seems that way to you, imo, is that the Dolphins haven't really been all that good in decades.

PIT/BAL is genuine heat.
PHI/DAL is genuine hatred.
The Seattle/SF series was getting pretty serious a few years ago, and will again.

Preach brother.

I was playing dominoes the other day and there is this old Cuban that owns me. I get him here and there but he just embarrasses me over and over again. Well, the other day, I owned him. He couldn't win a single game. We are rivals and we both salavate, froth at the mouth when we sit across from eachother.

Theres is nothing sweeter than beating a rival and nothing more demoralizing than losing to a rival.

Don't some of us live to beat the Jets? Tell me last Sunday wasn't all the more satisfying because it was the Jets. Even the tankers had to be like, "****, we won. Well, atleast it was the Jets."

I think the lot of you are just tired of playing in a division with the Pats. We will be atop soon.

Rivalries are historic. Leave them as such.

I’d love to be in the same division with the Titans. That Nashville trip is awesome. As for the AFC East rivalries, I’m kind of over it. Never thought I’d say it but it is what it is.

Lol at calling me a casual fan and then using some stupid logic. Yes the packers draw viewers regardless of who they are playing. Tell me would viewers rather watch the Browns-bengals rivalry or the Patriots-packers non rivalry.

Get a clue.
You bitch about a no-brainer I gave you and tell me to get a clue and you come back with the Patriots. :lol:
Everybody wants to watch the Patriots no matter who they are playing. Outside Patriot fans everybody wants to see them lose. :bobdole:
How about we mix our posts up:
Monday night choice between Browns/Bengals or Jacksonville/Detroit (if all records are equal)?

Monday night choice between Browns/Bengals or Jacksonville/Detroit (if all records are equal)?
Jags/Lions right now. Much rather watch Mustache Man vs Stafford than Manzel 2.0 vs Finley. I don't care if one game is a divisional game. As a fan of football, I want the teams that can offer up the better product for that game.

You bitch about a no-brainer I gave you and tell me to get a clue and you come back with the Patriots. :lol:
Everybody wants to watch the Patriots no matter who they are playing. Outside Patriot fans everybody wants to see them lose. :bobdole:
How about we mix our posts up:

I’d probably go Jax/Detroit because I probably already saw browns bengals that year. The schedule just doesn’t make any sense. The 49ers cardinals play again a week from Sunday when they just played last Thursday. They are the only teams who play twice in three weeks this year either.

If the Chargers do move to London, what would be the most likely divisional shakeup?

I wouldn’t hate Fins to south, Texans to west and Chargers to east. Something tells me they would never even consider swapping them with the Cowboys

Easiest solution . . . eliminate map directions. Change the names to, say, red, white, blue, gold. Problem solved.

Wouldn’t be the same without the Jets being a rival. Keep Dolphins in the AFCE. Plus, after 20 years, the division will finally be competitive with Brady retiring!!!

I'm all for keeping 2 games vs each division opponent. The intradivision competition adds another dimension to the NFL, even if you set aside the rivalries. But the rivalries are important and we should try be kept most intact. I could see a realignment maybe killing off one or two rivalries - it happens, but the NFL should keep division action meaningful and I like the fact that playing outside teams can sometimes be an event, depending on history. Look at NE and Indy in the 00's
who want see n.e jets Bill's and dolphins.
Wouldn’t be the same without the Jets being a rival. Keep Dolphins in the AFCE. Plus, after 20 years, the division will finally be competitive with Brady retiring!!!
N.E dont even need Brady anymore. They still won division.

On another note, moving the Chargers to London is dumb for a variety of reasons, but most of all because they have no natural footing or fan base in the area. Given they were in SD for so long, would make more sense to move them to Mexico.

I think a permanent team outside of the US is dumb regardless though, especially London. They travel schedule is going to be brutal for that team, and players will hate playing there because of relocation issues and taxes. It will fail.

Chargers belong in SD.

My point is that outside those fan bases, no one really cares. Its not like college where everyone stops what they are doing to watch Michigan/OSU or Bama/Auburn. General fans tune into those games. General fans arent setting their clocks to watch Seattle and SF haha Its a regional thing in the NFL now. How many people watch the Dolphins and Bills? No one thats not a fan of those teams.
I cant speak for anyone else, but I certainly enjoy watching rivalry games in the NFL. So you may have to change your point to no one but one really cares

Back
Top Bottom