Possible starting lineup.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possible starting lineup....

THE OG CANEPHINS

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
ESPN's NFL Nation projected the starting lineup for each team in the league. Here is James Walker's take...

Offense (Three WRs, one TE, one RB)

QB: Ryan Tannehill: Expectations will rise for Tannehill after he was 8-5 as a starter last season. He's returning from an ACL and MCL sprain.

RB: Jay Ajayi: After leading the team with 1,272 rushing yards last season, Ajayi is working on his hands to help more in the passing game.

LT: Laremy Tunsil: The 2016 first-round pick is moving to left tackle, his natural position in college, after the departure of veteran Branden Albert.

LG: Ted Larsen: The free-agent pickup from Chicago is the early favorite to start over rookie Isaac Asiata.

C: Mike Pouncey: The Dolphins need Pouncey to stay healthy this season and will be extra cautious after a second hip surgery in as many years.

RG: Jermon Bushrod: He started all 16 games last year and was Miami’s second-highest-rated offensive lineman, according to head coach Adam Gase.

RT: Ja’Wuan James: The Dolphins expect James to take the next step from a solid right tackle to a great right tackle in 2017.

TE: Julius Thomas: Miami acquired Thomas in a trade with Jacksonville. Expect big numbers after reuniting with Gase and his offense.

WR: Jarvis Landry: The two-time Pro Bowl receiver has a good chance to lead Miami in receptions for the fourth straight season.

WR: Kenny Stills: Miami signed Stills, its best deep threat, to a $32 million extension this offseason after he led the team with nine receiving touchdowns.

WR: DeVante Parker: The inconsistent former first-round pick has yet to fully reach his potential, but the Dolphins expect things to come together in Year 3.

Defense (4-3)

DE: Cameron Wake: The ageless Pro Bowl pass-rusher turned 35 this offseason and led Miami last season with 11.5 sacks.

DT: Ndamukong Suh: Miami’s highest-paid player was dominant last season with 41 tackles and five sacks.

DT: Jordan Phillips: The Dolphins want to see more consistency from the former second-round pick, who enters on the hot seat.

DE: Andre Branch: He signed a $24 million contract extension this offseason after a productive 2016.

LB: Kiko Alonso: A move to outside linebacker should help Alonso, who led the Dolphins with 115 tackles last season.

MLB: Lawrence Timmons: Miami’s biggest free-agent pickup has 100 tackles or more in five straight seasons.

LB: Koa Misi: He only played in three games last season because of a neck injury and will be pushed in training camp by second-round pick Raekwon McMillan.

CB: Byron Maxwell: Miami’s No. 1 cornerback had his ups and downs in 2016 and could be entering his final year with the team.

FS: Reshad Jones: The former Pro Bowl safety signed a $60 million extension this offseason and is returning from shoulder surgery.

SS: Nate Allen: The free-agent signee replaces Isa Abdul-Quddus, who was released after a severe neck injury.

CB: Xavien Howard: The 2016 second-round pick showed flashes as a rookie, but needs to stay healthy in Year 2.

Special teams

K: Andrew Franks: The second-year kicker needs to work on his accuracy (76.2 percent), but a strong finish in the playoffs offers reason for hope.

P: Matt Darr: The former undrafted punter had a strong rookie season in 2016 averaging 44.3 yards per punt.

KR: Jakeem Grant: The 5-foot-8 Grant is electric with the ball, but he must work on ball security.

PR: Grant: The Dolphins will rotate Landry into this spot when they need surer hands.

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolp...at-linebacker-highlighted-by-lawrence-timmons

This certainly seems like our week 1 starting lineup. im with you that Raekwon and Asiata aren't starting against tampa bay. Probably by week 5-7 you'll see them start getting more reps.

nice job

That looks about right. I love looking at the slew of talented studs. This year should be fun!!

The best use of our LBs would be Mcmillan at middle and Timmons at strong side but this probably will be the opening day defense.

Ya i dont see how none of the draft picks are day 1 starters.

McMilliam and Asiata start week 1...Hayes may get starting consideration as well.

Harris will just sub package run out the gate.

Walker is a tool...

That looks like a pretty solid lineup, but I'd suggest that Isaac Asiata starts at LG, Raekwon McMillan starts at Sam, Timmons at Mike and Kiko at Will. I'm guessing that if Misi actually breaks into the starting lineup it will be at Sam, while pushing McMillan into starting Mike. But, I think we brought in and guaranteed money to Timmons to start. Misi is firmly in "prove it" mode regarding his health before he is entrusted with any shot at starting.

I think it's more likely that McMillan starts in week one than Asiata. Asiata will start eventually when Larson slides in at guard to replace the likely injured Pouncey. I can't see Koa Misi keeping McMillan off the field though, healthy or not

Not only do I not think Misi will win the starting job, but I doubt he is on the final 53 man roster. He is coming off a career threading injury, had barely played the past two seasons, and can't contribute on special teams.

I also think Drake is our KR.

Misi would be the ideal backup.

Hopefully, Hayes and Fasano get the start. Both offer superior run blocking and stuffing aspects.

Branch, Harris and Thomas are sprinkles on our Sundaes.

Nice compared to previous years. At this pace it's finally possible to think we could win the division in 2-3 years.

Franks at 76.2 accuracy seems really bad, is that average for the league?? Expecting our kicker to make 3 out of 4 kicks is troubling.

So none of our draft picks will be starting eh?

If this was a team that just went to the Superbowl, that wouldn't be as big of an issue. Understandable even. But for the Fins of 2017....that would be a tough pill to swallow if none of our draft picks start this year.

Back
Top Bottom