Possibly, Garfinkel puts Dolphin fans on notice, Home field advantage thread. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possibly, Garfinkel puts Dolphin fans on notice, Home field advantage thread.

djphinfan

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score

Big E

@ian693
·
5h

''It looks like the Miami Dolphins are doing what they can to bring a home field advantage to Hard Rock Stadium. I’ve had 2 Fins fans who R season ticket members who’ve been informed they are not eligible to renew. It appears it’s because they aren’t attending many games.
https://twitter.com/ian693

''Right or wrong, there are many people who probably aren’t Dolphins fans who purchased season tickets to resell them which is why so many away fans. The team has a wait list for next season & it looks like they want to get in the Fins fans who can attend many of the games.''

Im happy as hell if true, I think the time has come to make a stand, there were 15 k browns fans in that stadium yesterday, at least.

I'm all about doing everything possible to change this dynamic because I believe the Rock is now a place where the structure itself could provide an electric atmoshere if we had mostly dolphin fans in the building.

Were trying to do something special as a team so lets do our part and support the team at home :)

I think there was more Fish..

anyways, Lets go for home field advatage in the playoffs now, and when we do, hopefully Garfinkel puts something in place to make it a real home field advantage that can help the team and create even more excitement.

Im happy as hell if they are serious about doing something because I believe something needs to be done.

Dudes. Ppl come here to see their teams. Because they live in terrible places like New England or New Jersey or ****ing Buffalo. So they come here, because everything is beautiful and they get to see their teams win.

Except now they see their team lose. And spend their money on the tickets making us Miamians richer. And we get to make love to each other on the kiss cam while they just watch and groove on it. Then they go to ocean drive and eat at scam restaurants with chef boyardi and imitation lobster for $120.

What's up 305?!?!?! Lol.

I'm a season ticket holder and Ive attended 3 of the games so far. I only really attend 3 a year... I hope they don't take them away from me :(

Big E
@ian693
·
5h

''It looks like the Miami Dolphins are doing what they can to bring a home field advantage to Hard Rock Stadium. I’ve had 2 Fins fans who R season ticket members who’ve been informed they are not eligible to renew. It appears it’s because they aren’t attending many games.
https://twitter.com/ian693

''Right or wrong, there are many people who probably aren’t Dolphins fans who purchased season tickets to resell them which is why so many away fans. The team has a wait list for next season & it looks like they want to get in the Fins fans who can attend many of the games.''

Im happy as hell if true, I think the time has come to make a stand, there were 15 k browns fans in that stadium yesterday, at least.

I'm all about doing everything possible to change this dynamic because I believe the Rock is now a place where the structure itself could provide an electric atmoshere if we had mostly dolphin fans in the building.

Were trying to do something special as a team so lets do our part and support the team at home :)
LOVE IT!

If its in contract that you get first right to renew i dont see how this can be possible. But some people do 100% use it as an investment.

Despite living in Charlotte my college roommate had season tickets to the Falcons and he said he always came out very good on them and he never went to a game.

My best friend had the pick 13 or 21 (cant remember) Hornets package and he was the exact opposite, He could have sold his Lakers or Heat (when heat had the big 3) tickets and paid for the entire package. I was like "this doesnt make sense, its like you can go to 19 games for free if you just say **** the heat and/or lakers" him- "I didnt buy them cause i wanted to miss games"

Bills fans would never sell their tickets to the away team.

We need to instill this type of fan culture as well.

They are turning the organization around and it's time we support that, we only been waiting for this opportunity since 13 hung em up.

If I didn't live 3+ hrs away would 100% be a season ticket holder and would NEVER give a Jets or Pats fan my seats.

Joe stop being so fuking negative about everything

The team is playing well. try enjoying that for a change bro

Doesn;t come around offen
I don't know Fish. I agree with Joe. I think in past years, the team was just happy to sell tickets. Now, there is enough demand to be selective to who they are sold to. Through camera software, it's easy to spot which seats are either empty consistently or have away team fans in them. The contract language for season tickets should be revised to give the team teeth (if this hasn't been done already) to make those that buy season tickets to commit to attending X % of the games and if they sell them to sell them to Dolphins fans. If they can't agree to that, there are plenty of people on the list who will.

Now that we have a great product on the field, the focus should be on making sure that attendance of Phins fans is as high a percentage as possible. The more Phins fans the more fun and raucous the stadium is.

Last edited:
15 k with 66 K attending is nothing

Keep winning and those ticket holders will not sell their tickets

That's just Miami bro. They only love a winner

:shrug:

I don't live there any more but i know
Even if they do sell them, it will be a high demand ticket,,,,,, I doubt there would be many empty seats.

Back
Top Bottom