Possibly, Garfinkel puts Dolphin fans on notice, Home field advantage thread. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possibly, Garfinkel puts Dolphin fans on notice, Home field advantage thread.

Pretty sad, I remember you had to pry me out of my seat back in the day. Most people scurried for cover at the slightest bit of rain or adverse weather. If the game was being played, I went NOWHERE!

Dolphins should have stayed in the Orange Bowl.

Why? They can't drive to Miami Gardens? What specific zip code is the dividing line that separates interest from being a lazy POS? If the 9 miles difference between the two is the problem we have some very very very soft fans.

For those wondering, all season tickets are handled electronically. If you use your tickets, your tickets are scanned off your phone to get into the game. To sell or transfer your tickets, you need to use the ticket section of miamidolphins.com. It is very easy for the Dolphins to see whether you are using the ticket or if you are selling or transferring your ticket.

If you do sell the ticket, you have no idea who you are selling the ticket to as it is sold on the Ticketmaster forum. The only way you could know who you sell to is if you actually receive the money offline and transfer the tickets to the buyer online.
We have this problem in Columbus in hockey. Most fans here before the Jackets came were Pittsburgh or Detroit fans, when Columbus got a team lots of Penguins and Red Wings fans bought season tickets and only attend the games Detroit and Pittsburgh come to town and sell the other ones to more opposing fans. It always make me laugh when the commentators say the Penguins fans made the trip or travel well, lol no they didn't they already live in Columbus.

Dolphins should have stayed in the Orange Bowl.

I found it interesting that this was the first year the team had ever sold out their season tickets. They never did it in the Orange Bowl. They never did it when they were a dynasty or winning all those games with Marino.

I was a season ticket holder for 46 years and I have no idea how the Dolphins would know if I attended the games or I gave or sold my tickets to someone else. In my case I always attended the games but I knew several season ticket holders around me who only attended a few games a year and they would give their tickets to family or friends when they decided not to attend home games.

I could understand the organization knowing if the tickets weren’t used at all because they obviously have a computer system which documents what tickets were used to enter the stadium. I just don’t believe that they have any idea who actually used the tickets and I don’t believe they are telling any season ticket holders they will not be allowed to renew their season tickets because they have been selling or giving their tickets to other people.

I was a season ticket holder for 46 years and I have no idea how the Dolphins would know if I attended the games or I gave or sold my tickets to someone else. In my case I always attended the games but I knew several season ticket holders around me who only attended a few games a year and they would give their tickets to family or friends when they decided not to attend home games.

I could understand the organization knowing if the tickets weren’t used at all because they obviously have a computer system which documents what tickets were used to enter the stadium. I just don’t believe that they have any idea who actually used the tickets and I don’t believe they are telling any season ticket holders they will not be allowed to renew their season tickets because they have been selling or giving their tickets to other people.
It was mentioned above that apparently season tickets are now electronic and scanned off your phone. If you transfer them you would send it to someone else's phone and that's who's phone would get scanned at the stadium.

It was mentioned above that apparently season tickets are now electronic and scanned off your phone. If you transfer them you would send it to someone else's phone and that's who's phone would get scanned at the stadium.
Exactly.

Dudes. Ppl come here to see their teams. Because they live in terrible places like New England or New Jersey or ****ing Buffalo. So they come here, because everything is beautiful and they get to see their teams win.

Except now they see their team lose. And spend their money on the tickets making us Miamians richer. And we get to make love to each other on the kiss cam while they just watch and groove on it. Then they go to ocean drive and eat at scam restaurants with chef boyardi and imitation lobster for $120.

What's up 305?!?!?! Lol.
I couldn't have planned it better myself. - LOL

Big E
@ian693
·
5h

''It looks like the Miami Dolphins are doing what they can to bring a home field advantage to Hard Rock Stadium. I’ve had 2 Fins fans who R season ticket members who’ve been informed they are not eligible to renew. It appears it’s because they aren’t attending many games.
https://twitter.com/ian693

''Right or wrong, there are many people who probably aren’t Dolphins fans who purchased season tickets to resell them which is why so many away fans. The team has a wait list for next season & it looks like they want to get in the Fins fans who can attend many of the games.''

Im happy as hell if true, I think the time has come to make a stand, there were 15 k browns fans in that stadium yesterday, at least.

I'm all about doing everything possible to change this dynamic because I believe the Rock is now a place where the structure itself could provide an electric atmoshere if we had mostly dolphin fans in the building.

Were trying to do something special as a team so lets do our part and support the team at home :)
If the lack of home field advantage continues, move the team to London. I’ll still pull for them. Only partly serious here. Miami has always been lacking fan support… including the Canes. The demographics have shifted as well.

Bills fans would never sell their tickets to the away team.

We need to instill this type of fan culture as well.

They are turning the organization around and it's time we support that, we only been waiting for this opportunity since 13 hung em up.

If I didn't live 3+ hrs away would 100% be a season ticket holder and would NEVER give a Jets or Pats fan my seats.
The argument is that “in Buffalo it’s the Bills or a snowstorm”… they choose the Bills.

Exactly right.

Not sure if that's the ONLY way but that was the option we had to use.

I think there was more Fish..

anyways, Lets go for home field advatage in the playoffs now, and when we do, hopefully Garfinkel puts something in place to make it a real home field advantage that can help the team and create even more excitement.

Im happy as hell if they are serious about doing something because I believe something needs to be done.

How about less shade on the visitor sideline when Buffalo visits early in the season?

Back
Top Bottom