Possibly, Garfinkel puts Dolphin fans on notice, Home field advantage thread. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Possibly, Garfinkel puts Dolphin fans on notice, Home field advantage thread.

Serious question--If you only attend 3 games a year, why are you a season ticket holder?

Its for me and my father so two tickets. He grew up in Miami.

We are season ticket holders for the perks, parking, and additional services you get for it. Plus cheaper tickets in the long run.

I live in Jacksonville so it's a hefty drive plus I'm a father of a 2 year old with another on the way. I don't wanna be punished for nor judged for wanting to be a part of the franchise.

We are season ticket holders for the perks, parking, and additional services you get for it. Plus cheaper tickets in the long run.

I live in Jacksonville so it's a hefty drive plus I'm a father of a 2 year old with another on the way. I don't wanna be punished for nor judged for wanting to be a part of the franchise.
That plus you get the opportunity to keep your tickets for the playoffs.

You don't need excuses for getting season tickets. Good for you and your father for continuing that tradition. God bless.

I am glad they are at least trying to do something about this. I understand miami and vegas are cities people will make a vacation out of it to see their team play. They are not going to make a vacation to pittsburgh to see their team play. But having so many of the other teams fans there is annoying. I am glad they are at least trying to do something about this. Can't fault them for trying
I’ve always said if I liked a cold weather team or even a dome team like MIN I’d make it a point to fly to Miami to see my team play. Why not? Great weather, **** to do, hot broads everywhere, etc.

It makes complete sense. That and a ton of people love to FL from cold cities and there’s nothing you can do about that either.

For those wondering, all season tickets are handled electronically. If you use your tickets, your tickets are scanned off your phone to get into the game. To sell or transfer your tickets, you need to use the ticket section of miamidolphins.com. It is very easy for the Dolphins to see whether you are using the ticket or if you are selling or transferring your ticket.

If you do sell the ticket, you have no idea who you are selling the ticket to as it is sold on the Ticketmaster forum. The only way you could know who you sell to is if you actually receive the money offline and transfer the tickets to the buyer online.

Congrats on extending your family. I don't think you were being judged or punished. Zullo was just asking a question and I was curious as well.

Was just curious why someone would do that. On the surface, seemed strange. Hopefully you give or sell your other tickets to Fins fans!

I'm the father of a 2 year old. I'm a season ticket holder and live in Tampa. I make the 4 hour drive to all but usually 2 games per season. When I first got my tickets, I lived in DC and would have to fly down. We did 5 home games. Now I live in Tampa and we drive down. We did 7 games last year(9 home games) and this year we are doing 6(8 home games). Only games we are missing are the weekend of my sons third birthday and Christmas Day because we will be in DC area with family this year for Christmas. I'm not here to necessarily call you out, but this is part of the issue as to why there are so many away fans. I understand the burden of a long drive to the games with a kid. I've been doing it with a pregnant wife, a 1 year old, and 2 year old. We will continue to do it, my son loves going to the games even at 2 years old going on 3. We are not sure what we will do next year being 3 of us with only 2 seats, but we'll attend most games again.

My point is, maybe you should find another dolphins fan who will attend half the games and split your season tickets with them if you are going to less than half the games each year and don't want your tickets revoked. This way you can continue with the perks and enjoying the games when you can go.

I like the "shot across the bow" attitude of Garfinkle, maybe he's just calling out a few who have never attended a game. We need major fan support for this team to truly excel. I do understand not being able to attend every game and selling a few tickets, but those who are just investors should go.

If the team is actually doing this, i don't think the team is targeting fans who sell their tickets or miss a few games.

I think the team is targeting people who are using season tickets for solely pecuniary gain. What i do think will be interesting is the suites, there are multiple companies that buy season ticket suites to sell them out for games. Lets see if the team drops the hammer on those types.

Because the resale of the other 5-6 games pays for his 3 attended games, assuming he actually attends 3?
Here's the Buffalo, patriots and steelers game! (With a cameo in the 72 museum they put up that night)

Also work shifts and on-call at the hospital takes away my ability to have every Sunday off in a season. I don't have the luxury to have every weekend.

My point is, maybe you should find another dolphins fan who will attend half the games and split your season tickets with them if you are going to less than half the games each year and don't want your tickets revoked. This way you can continue with the perks and enjoying the games when you can go.
The logistics of deciding who goes to what game seems awful? I get the days off at work as soon as the schedule comes out for what I deem big time games. I was lucky to go to the Pitt game getting people to cover my hours. I should be at the greenbay game as I have Christmas off this year

I'm not upset at some of the people on this board, just paying devils advocate to not get upset when some die hard fans (THAT WOULD LOVE TO BE AT EVERY GAME) just can't make that work for them.

Attachments

• 20221023_190407.jpg
    20221023_190407.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221023_180416.jpg
    20221023_180416.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220925_130208.jpg
    20220925_130208.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220911_102719.jpg
    IMG_20220911_102719.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 7

why not buy individual game seats then?

I am glad the Dolphins organization is at least trying to do something about this mess, it seem sometimes that there are way to many non Dolphin fans in attendance. That browns game looked like the Dawg Pound for christ sake.

Back
Top Bottom